The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Jan Hlavac currently plays for Sparta Praha.

Best trade deadline pick up ever. 13 points in 18 games in exchange for our 7th round pick.

Yak>Wilson. I'd do that deal. Doubt EDM would.

Daniel Pribyl would be a great add for our organizational depth. Don't know where he would fit in our current roster, but would add some much needed depth at center with Ribs and Fisher probably gone after next year. Going on stats alone, he looks pretty legit.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Getting Yakupov would be cool, he could do really well in our up-tempo style but I wouldn't give up Wilson for him. Basically, there isn't a need and we are just hoping he lights it up. I would rather let the kids come in and push for the spots

However, we do have Kamenev and is the only Russian in the system or on the team.. I hate that being a reason but who knows

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Getting Yakupov would be cool, he could do really well in our up-tempo style but I wouldn't give up Wilson for him. Basically, there isn't a need and we are just hoping he lights it up. I would rather let the kids come in and push for the spots

However, we do have Kamenev and is the only Russian in the system or on the team.. I hate that being a reason but who knows

Yakov Trenin?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
what on earth makes you think Edm wants another underperforming F in exchange for Yak. They need defense. we have no one to offer them

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Was just reading Friedman's 30 thoughts:

Has anyone heard of Czech forward, Daniel Pribyl?

He's 6'3 220lbs and it lists Calgary, Pittsburgh and Nashville as potential suitors.

I know nothing about him and don't have the link as I was looking at it in bleacher report on my phone...but if anyone wants to look at the 30 thoughts; it is #10.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Was just reading Friedman's 30 thoughts:

Has anyone heard of Czech forward, Daniel Pribyl?

He's 6'3 220lbs and it lists Calgary, Pittsburgh and Nashville as potential suitors.

I know nothing about him and don't have the link as I was looking at it in bleacher report on my phone...but if anyone wants to look at the 30 thoughts; it is #10.

Is that not who I posted in this thread last week about?

Full stat line from this year.

GP | G | A | P | PIM | +/-

45|16|29|45|16|14

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=101160

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Assume Ottawa offered you Turris, Methot, 2016 1st and 2017 1st for Forsberg.

Would you make the deal?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Was going to say yes because there's a ton of value but Turris didn't have a very good year and is only two years from UFA and Methot's contract is too much for too long.

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
Expansion Draft

Was reading through and it looks like it will be hard to protect our Top-4. Seems like we can protect 7 F and 3 D or 8 skaters overall. Seems like one of Ekholm or Ellis would be exposed.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Was reading through and it looks like it will be hard to protect our Top-4. Seems like we can protect 7 F and 3 D or 8 skaters overall. Seems like one of Ekholm or Ellis would be exposed.

I don't understand why it wouldn't be the same # of players in either scenario. I understand that the league doesn't want every team to only place their Gaustad/Nystrom's out there, but at the same time if a team is heavy at D and very weak at forward like we were recently that is just punishment when you have a team like Chicago who can protect basically all of their key players.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
Why are they not using the same rule when we had our expansion draft?

"Each of the 26 franchises in the league were allowed to protect either one goaltender, five defensemen and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen and seven forwards."

I would take option 1 easily.

Also:
"First- and second-year pros were exempt from being selected in the draft."

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

"Each of the 26 franchises in the league were allowed to protect either one goaltender, five defensemen and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen and seven forwards."

Also:

Because they don't want the team to go through the new franchise growing pains. They want it to have a legit shot at a cup in year 1.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

Also:

It took forever for those expansion teams to become competitive. That is probably why they want to get the new teams more talent immediately.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
We would most likely protect the 8 skaters.

Weber, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, Forsberg, Johansen, Neal, Fiala/Smith

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I wonder if possible expansion and whether or not to hypothetically protect Jones had anything to do with Poile deciding to part with him.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
What about Rinne. Love the guy, but should we let an expansion team draft him and his $7M contract for the last 2 seasons of it?

Or are there other goalies available the expansion teams rather pick? Fleury could be in play, but who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad