OT: The Football Thread

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Douglas needs to really beef up the defense, there are some nice pieces on offense to be optimistic about. Becton panning out is freaking huge, having the LT in place before adding Lawrence is as ideal as you can get.

Draft Lawrence, draft a RT (O-Line class looks pretty good) with Seattle's 1st and load up on defense with all the other picks. Spend the massive cap on defense and the Jets could be decent next year and potentially really good the year after.

While they may be a laughingstock right now, it looks like a really good situation for a prospective coach. As long as they don't screw it up and lose out on the 1st or even 2nd pick.

I think they could get a 2nd for Darnold too, more draft capital to rebuild the team.

I tend to agree, they should either go OL (preferably RT) - or CB considering who is on the board with Seattle's 1st.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Douglas needs to really beef up the defense, there are some nice pieces on offense to be optimistic about. Becton panning out is freaking huge, having the LT in place before adding Lawrence is as ideal as you can get.

Draft Lawrence, draft a RT (O-Line class looks pretty good) with Seattle's 1st and load up on defense with all the other picks. Spend the massive cap on defense and the Jets could be decent next year and potentially really good the year after.

While they may be a laughingstock right now, it looks like a really good situation for a prospective coach. As long as they don't screw it up and lose out on the 1st or even 2nd pick.

I think they could get a 2nd for Darnold too, more draft capital to rebuild the team.

I would love to see the Jets get a 2nd for Darnold. That would be absolutely amazing. This draft is looking to be quite good for the Jets and I have full faith that Joe Douglas will have a great draft this upcoming draft as well.

The key is going 0-16 though to get Lawerence. I have been telling anyone would will listen that Joe Douglas is the real deal.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I would love to see the Jets get a 2nd for Darnold. That would be absolutely amazing. This draft is looking to be quite good for the Jets and I have full faith that Joe Douglas will have a great draft this upcoming draft as well.

The key is going 0-16 though to get Lawerence. I have been telling anyone would will listen that Joe Douglas is the real deal.

Didn't Arizona get a 2nd and 5th for Rosen? And that was after drafting Murray. The downside with Darnold is that he already has 3 years in the league though, but a 2nd should be doable.

Along with the 2 1sts to get Lawrence and a RT (make sure Lawrence is protected so he doesn't get Burrow'd and blow a knee), the Jets will be drafting at the top of each round too so it's a real chance to upgrade talent. Get a nice CB in the 2nd, maybe like Shaun Wade from OSU.

Douglas has a ton of cap too. Sign a top OG and really solidify the line. Quinnen Williams has really emerged too. With the Darnold 2nd, draft someone like Najee Harris. With a beefy O-Line and a power RB, Lawrence can be very protected. The offense will be set and should be really good in 2022. Go crazy on defense in the 2022 Draft.

The Pats are done so build a team to take down Miami and Buffalo.

The new coach is going to be key though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Didn't Arizona get a 2nd and 5th for Rosen? And that was after drafting Murray. The downside with Darnold is that he already has 3 years in the league though, but a 2nd should be doable.

Along with the 2 1sts to get Lawrence and a RT (make sure Lawrence is protected so he doesn't get Burrow'd and blow a knee), the Jets will be drafting at the top of each round too so it's a real chance to upgrade talent. Get a nice CB in the 2nd, maybe like Shaun Wade from OSU.

Douglas has a ton of cap too. Sign a top OG and really solidify the line. Quinnen Williams has really emerged too. With the Darnold 2nd, draft someone like Najee Harris. With a beefy O-Line and a power RB, Lawrence can be very protected. The offense will be set and should be really good in 2022. Go crazy on defense in the 2022 Draft.

The new coach is going too be key though.

Am I allowed to dream for Bill Cowher?

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
ND head coach Brian Kelly just said "I'm not sure we'll play in the playoffs if the parents can't be there".

I say he's not only a blowhard but he's full of $h!t.

He understandably is upset that there may be different sets of rules for the 2 semifinal sites. The game at the Rose Bowl may not allow any spectators due to a California mandate.

Don't worry Brian. It won't be a problem after your game tomorrow with Clemson.

Reactions: danteipp

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007

The new coach is going to be key though.
Buffalo is going to lead this division for a long time barring any drastic changes. Josh Allen is the real deal and they have all kinds of weapons. Team is getting better every week. I’ve been a Bills fan since 96 (I was 10 at the time, don’t remember the Super Bowls, luckily lol) for the first time in a long time it is fun to be a Bills fan.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
ND head coach Brian Kelly just said "I'm not sure we'll play in the playoffs if the parents can't be there".

I say he's not only a blowhard but he's full of $h!t.

He understandably is upset that there may be different sets of rules for the 2 semifinal sites. The game at the Rose Bowl may not allow any spectators due to a California mandate.

Don't worry Brian. It won't be a problem after your game tomorrow with Clemson.

Agreed, Brian Kelly is a complete tool and I hope Clemson dismantles Notre Dame.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo is going to lead this division for a long time barring any drastic changes. Josh Allen is the real deal and they have all kinds of weapons. Team is getting better every week. I’ve been a Bills fan since 96 (I was 10 at the time, don’t remember the Super Bowls, luckily lol) for the first time in a long time it is fun to be a Bills fan.

The Bills are fun to watch, but the Dolphins aren't too far off either. And Miami should be able to add significant talent in the upcoming draft thanks, in large part, to Bill O'Brien. It should make for a great rivalry.

Reactions: TheWhiteWhale30

The Real JT

Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Agreed, Brian Kelly is a complete tool and I hope Clemson dismantles Notre Dame.
The last thing we need is a knucklehead football coach dictating health care policy.

Being a long suffering Jets' fan I am also now a Clemson fan.

I'm still worried that the Jets will screw things up and win their last game against the Pats. Let's just hope the Jags find a way to win another game.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The last thing we need is a knucklehead football coach dictating health care policy.

Being a long suffering Jets' fan I am also now a Clemson fan.

I'm still worried that the Jets will screw things up and win their last game against the Pats. Let's just hope the Jags find a way to win another game.

Trust the Florida man:

upload_2020-12-18_18-16-3.gif

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Correction Coach Kelly:

You should've said "I'm not sure we'll play in the playoffs..."

Lol, that was a fun game to watch - at least for anyone who isn't a Notre Dame fan.

Unfortunately, a clear-cut favorite just hasn't emerged for that fourth and final playoff spot (the Gators might have had a shot if Dan Mullen had the guts to shoot DC Todd Grantham and DB Marco Wilson into the sun).

I assume they will just opt for the ratings and toss in Notre Dame, so people will tune in to watch the beatdown by Alabama (56-14?).

Of course most casual fans will turn the game off sometime between the first quarter and halftime.

Reactions: The Real JT

The Real JT

Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I assume they will just opt for the ratings and toss in Notre Dame, so people will tune in to watch the beatdown by Alabama (56-14?).
Seems like ND are the Dallas Cowboys of college football. You either love 'em or well, you know.

If that's the matchup, I'd give the points but fortunately the line won't be 42.

The Real JT

Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The Jets doing the most Jets thing ever and will win this game. Lawrence to JAX. :facepalm:
College football is one of the few sports I never developed an interest in. With that being said, I watched a bit of the ND/Clemson game yesterday. Lawrence looks pretty damn good.

Figures.

Any opinions out there on the Ohio State QB?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
College football is one of the few sports I never developed an interest in. With that being said, I watched a bit of the ND/Clemson game yesterday. Lawrence looks pretty damn good.

Figures.

Lawrence is like Andrew Luck level.

Fields doesn't impress me. He is a smaller, weaker armed, and less dynamic Cam Newton. You have to build the right scheme for him.

Missing out on Lawrence is a kick to the nuts times 3,000 and then some.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
So typical, Jacksonville will now get Lawrence and we’ll be stuck with Darnold or Fields or whoever. As usual the franchise blows it, generational quarterback only 3 losses away and they screw it up.

I would rather stick with Darnold than go with Fields. It might be worth it to trade down and get some more picks. Beef up the defense. Unfortunately there is no uber pass rusher in this class that could really transform the defense like a Von Miller, Garrett, or Chase Young.

Losing out on Lawrence is a huge blow, he is the clear #1 and it's not close.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

Figures.

I am not a big fan of Fields. At least not enough to exchange Darnold for him with the #2 overall draft pick.

Barring a miracle where the Jets leapfrog the Jags again, the Jets need to hope someone absolutely loves Fields, so they can move down and stockpile draft picks, or just keep it simple and take Penei Sewell.

Sewell is a beast and would look great in a tandem with Becton. Add Sewell at LT, move Becton to RT and build a dominant offensive line.

Especially since I have my doubts that Becton can stay healthy or that his body type will age well. You can't have your LT getting nicked up and missing important games.

I am a Giants fan, so that is just my impartial take on what I would do. Ideally trade down but, if not, take the best LT prospect in recent memory, giving you the option to build a dominant oline or maybe trade one for a haul like the Dolphins got for Tunsil later on.

Reactions: islesmb

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I am also praying that the Giants do not win the NFC East. Let Washington take that "honor" and miss out on a top QB prospect or let Dallas win and get thumped.

I would rather finish in the #5-10 range and add an impact player with the first rounder (say LB Micah Parsons or a CB like Caleb Farley or Patrick Surtain II to play opposite James Bradberry), then come back with the reverse in the second round (such as LB Dylan Moses or CBs Tyson Campbell or Asante Samuel Jr.).

A true Edge would also be great, but I assume Gregory Rousseau is gone and I am not sold on Kwity Paye. Maybe an Edge in the second round however.

Finally, finish it off with a UFA like Corey Davis at WR to play opposite Slayton on the outside.

That gives Daniel Jones a solid team and a full season to prove he deserves a second contract. Right now, I am not sold on him. But at least get the rest of the team in place then make the move to add a young QB on a rookie deal, if Jones isn't the right guy.

Reactions: PWJunior

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad