OT: The Food & Drinks Thread Part Trois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Agreed, I like him. I also like Sam the cooking guy and the french cooking guy, these guys aren't pros but they know their stuff and they could 100% work in a kitchen if they wanted (Well, most people could work in a kitchen, but like being good at it is something else.)

Theres some others though that are absolutely cringe.

There are a handful of those on the food network.

Reactions: groovejuice

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Agreed, I like him. I also like Sam the cooking guy and the french cooking guy, these guys aren't pros but they know their stuff and they could 100% work in a kitchen if they wanted (Well, most people could work in a kitchen, but like being good at it is something else.)

By the French guy do you mean Alex? If so, I like him too. I also like Sorted.

I went to Sam The Cooking Guy's restaurant when I was in San Diego. It was really good.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I used to watch the Galloping Gourmet.

I used to watch the Frugal Gourmet (on TV) until several men accused him of sexual abuse when he was a minister and chef (Chaplain's Pantry) and filed lawsuits. He never went to prison but he settled out of court, that ended his TV career. I watch this woman on youtube:

She's Ukrainian I believe but probably married to a Spaniard since the show is in Spanish.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke

I'd highly recommend Not Another Cooking Show. Modest presentation and food always comes out looking spot on.

That’s a big list. What’s your favorite?

Gotta go with Toxicite. I was initially apprehensive towards coconut in any kind of drink, but it was genuinely delicious.

Reactions: cphabs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd highly recommend Not Another Cooking Show. Modest presentation and food always comes out looking spot on.

Gotta go with Toxicite. I was initially apprehensive towards coconut in any kind of drink, but it was genuinely delicious.

Yeah, Ive seen him before. Over the top presentation isnt my jam but hes fine-ish. Still a home cook and for my time, id rather watch someone with actual knowledge

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
There are a handful of those on the food network.

I got into it on Twitter with Robert Irvin when I made a few posts about the Food Network being 20% cooking and 80% game show. 6 year old are baking, there's several shows with contestants shopping, and there's hardly anyone left actually cooking who's not a poseur or an idiot.

Irvin said I was rude. I said something to the effect that his show about stepping into failing restaurants and turning them into Michelin quality was fraudulent.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I got into it on Twitter with Robert Irvin when I made a few posts about the Food Network being 20% cooking and 80% game show. 6 year old are baking, there's several shows with contestants shopping, and there's hardly anyone left actually cooking who's not a poseur or an idiot.

Irvin said I was rude. I said something to the effect that his show about stepping into failing restaurants and turning them into Michelin quality was fraudulent.

I used to watch it years and years ago. Batali has a good show, Alton Brown, so did some Canadians. I liked the Chef at Large guy. I learned a fair bit.

I just sort of fell out of watching it but I know there are lots of goofy shows now.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I like Guga (Guga's food/Sous Vide Everything).

That may be because I like beef. :laugh:

I also like watching 2 sushi chef sometimes (can't remember the name of the first one and the 2nd one is something like outdoor sushi).

I also watch Mikey Chen's Strictly Dumpling channel, but that's not a cooking channel, just a food channel.

Worth it food is also nice when they put up a video.

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Un Chef à La Cabane is pretty good for outlandish menus using local foodstuffs and lots of maple syrup. But then Gabrielle the pastry chef left and I lost interest.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I used to watch it years and years ago. Batali has a good show, Alton Brown, so did some Canadians. I liked the Chef at Large guy. I learned a fair bit.

I just sort of fell out of watching it but I know there are lots of goofy shows now.
Good eats was a fun show!

Reactions: Tighthead

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

It's ridiculous what they do with some shows, so much is not pertinent to the end result.

Was it not reported the Irvin embellished a lot of his credentials?

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I used to watch Batali who is a tremendously talented chef (that idiot destroyed his own career and probably did no good for his restaurant conglomerate), Ming Tsai who is in the same category of skill, and the original Japanese Iron Chef. Now those fellows could cook circles around most western chefs!

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It's ridiculous what they do with some shows, so much is not pertinent to the end result.

Was it not reported the Irvin embellished a lot of his credentials?

I hadn't heard that but I'm not at all surprised. I never liked the man's arrogance.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I hadn't heard that but I'm not at all surprised. I never liked the man's arrogance.

Arrogant and pompous,the MB of cooking. lol.

upload_2019-11-27_12-51-54.jpeg
upload_2019-11-27_12-52-45.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad