OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 5)

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Went to the Japanese store this morning and bought some more Canadian shrimps.

CanadianShrimps.jpg

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Mad as hell. I ordered a giant order from Chic-Fil-A, 30 chicken pieces, dipping sauces, macaroni and cheese and waffle fries and finally a milkshake. They said it would come by 08:44 PM, at 8:44 PM they said 08:52 PM and suddenly I get a message that it was delivered. Funny I thought the driver was supposed to knock on the door and of course there was no food. Then I had to chat with customer service for 15 minutes then thy cancelled the order. I have only eaten 2 toasts and a yoghurt today so I was very hungry and I had planned to share the food with Cactus Jack.
If I don't get refunded in 3 biz days I will tell my CC company and get refunded that way. Now I have to feed Cactus Jack some boring dog food although I got a grilled Costco chicken so he is probably fine.
It was 84 degrees here today so I setup the new portable AC and it was great. from sweating to freezing in less than an hour.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Went to the Japanese store this morning and bought some more Canadian shrimps.

View attachment 423740

Yup! those look like the type I would receive on occasion from the Canadian Arctic,very tasty! a pain to peel though. Are those frozen ? Would get them frozen as the ship flash freezes them on board. Would snap them in half and use the heads for stocks and separate them that way and while still frozen and easier to peel the tails when slightly thawed. Used to make a lot of shrimp perloo with them or just as is in rolls,shrimp cocktails.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Here is how the shrimps that I bought look peeled.

In the link are the the same type of shrimps from Maine, I bought these when I lived in Virginia. There was a fancy store similar to Whole Foods close to where I lived that sold them, In Sweden we eat them smoked with Aioli.

Ducktrap River Smoked Shrimp

View attachment 424277

That sure does look like them. Peeling 10lbs at a time still frozen is a killer on the hands! My mrs uses chop sticks to do that and she just flies through them, a real wizard.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Here's a first,was examining the pantry and found a sack of potatoes that were hiding and upon checking them,the hand oozed into something that was not pleasant to say the least. It was reminiscent of melted marshmallow, but it wasn't, odor was akin to penicillin. I haven't been that horrified and disgusted at the same time since the last habs game:groucho:

Reactions: groovejuice

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Mad as hell. I ordered a giant order from Chic-Fil-A, 30 chicken pieces, dipping sauces, macaroni and cheese and waffle fries and finally a milkshake. They said it would come by 08:44 PM, at 8:44 PM they said 08:52 PM and suddenly I get a message that it was delivered. Funny I thought the driver was supposed to knock on the door and of course there was no food. Then I had to chat with customer service for 15 minutes then thy cancelled the order. I have only eaten 2 toasts and a yoghurt today so I was very hungry and I had planned to share the food with Cactus Jack.
If I don't get refunded in 3 biz days I will tell my CC company and get refunded that way. Now I have to feed Cactus Jack some boring dog food although I got a grilled Costco chicken so he is probably fine.
It was 84 degrees here today so I setup the new portable AC and it was great. from sweating to freezing in less than an hour.
These new delivery companies rip people off
More try an you can imagine.

so far, my wife and I, have been ripped off 3 times in the last year. 2 times by the same guy. We watched him pull up to the house, text us that it was delivered and he drove off without even getting out of the car.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I generally avoid delivery after experiencing similar CFs with food orders.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Went for a drive to see my captain as he was suppose to have some goodies for me. He didn't have what I really wanted and had a few of these while discussing matters, had them here and there but just not a fan, alright but couldn't do a keg or something though.

images

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Made a vat of chili con carne, goat this time! seasoned cubed and brazed until tender and in it goes to the the pot, you would not know it's goat BTW.:nod:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad