Confirmed with Link: The Flyers re-sign center Adam Hall to 1-year contract (report: $600,000)

Zod

Disappointment Train
May 31, 2011
Not sure how it'll work out, but I loved what we saw from Hall. Happy to see him back.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I think at least 1 forward will be involved in a trade.

It seems that they have decided to not bring Gagne back or he and his agent have asked for too much money or years or a bigger role.

I like the Hall signing though. Solid defensive player who knows his role and seems to be a great team guy. Similar to Darrol Powe but more suited for playing center.

Ilya Bryzastor

May 13, 2013
Philadelphia
Glad we signed him , this will hopefully mean that Laughton will not play in NHL until the 2014-15 season. Really don't won't Scott to play a 4th role line since Couts will most likely be our 3rd line center.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Glad we signed him , this will hopefully mean that Laughton will not play in NHL until the 2014-15 season. Really don't won't Scott to play a 4th role line since Couts will most likely be our 3rd line center.

Why not? Mike Richards started out on the 4th line.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
This could be a good faceoff team for once.

2012-13
Hall: 56.2%
Giroux: 54.5%
Lecavalier: 54.4%
Schenn: 45.5%
*Laughton: 44.2%
Couturier: 43.9%

2011-12
Hall: 59.5%
Giroux: 53.7%
Lecavalier: 47.8%
Couturier: 47.0%
Schenn: 46.1%

2010-11
Hall: 55.0%
Lecavalier: 50.9%
Giroux: 50.0%

We've gotten significantly better in the dot.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Halls numbers are ridiculous. I'm glad they signed him. I think they finally realized we need to get better at the dot to be a better team. Better faceoff percentage = more possession. We will be able to dictate the tempo of the game more.

This is an aspect we never replaced with the departure of Richards and Carter. Also to an lesser extent Blair Betts.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Adam Hall......good signing

Yeah seems likely Talbot is gone..maybe even Gagne. I know Talbot had a slow start but right before he got injured he was doing very well. Him and Fedotenko were really good on the PK. Not sure who picks up the slack for the both of them.

As far as faceoffs....looks like we'll be much better. Remember that Laughton is pretty good on the dot as well even though he's still a rookie. At least now it won't have to be all Giroux..

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Adam Hall......good signing

Yeah seems likely Talbot is gone..maybe even Gagne. I know Talbot had a slow start but right before he got injured he was doing very well. Him and Fedotenko were really good on the PK. Not sure who picks up the slack for the both of them.

As far as faceoffs....looks like we'll be much better. Remember that Laughton is pretty good on the dot as well even though he's still a rookie. At least now it won't have to be all Giroux..

Couturier - Read/Laughton

Hall - Talbot

You have your PK guys. Talbot is the perfect defensive 4th liner. He's no Lappy, but really, in the grand scheme of things, how many people are Laperriere?

You have to keep him. He makes your team better.

This also makes DAMN SURE we don't see Giroux on the PK anymore. Sure, he can hack it on the PK, but we need him with as much gas as possible in the tank during offensive situations.

Brostradamus

LegionOfDoom Reunion
Feb 2, 2012
Dub C
Good cheap signing to solidify the bottom line. Hall played very good defense first hockey at the end there. Hope to see some more of that this year for a very negligible cap hit.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Couturier - Read/Laughton

Hall - Talbot

You have your PK guys. Talbot is the perfect defensive 4th liner. He's no Lappy, but really, in the grand scheme of things, how many people are Laperriere?

You have to keep him. He makes your team better.

This also makes DAMN SURE we don't see Giroux on the PK anymore. Sure, he can hack it on the PK, but we need him with as much gas as possible in the tank during offensive situations.

Talbot is made from the same mold as Laperriere. Will play in whatever role the coach tells him to and will jump in front of a train to win.

As angry as I was on draft day, I'm pretty impressed with how Holmgren has improved the team to compete now and in the future. Plus, he now has Giroux signed long-term. David Poile is deleting the Offer Sheet file from his laptop as we speak.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Talbot is made from the same mold as Laperriere. Will play in whatever role the coach tells him to and will jump in front of a train to win.

As angry as I was on draft day, I'm pretty impressed with how Holmgren has improved the team to compete now and in the future. Plus, he now has Giroux signed long-term. David Poile is deleting the Offer Sheet file from his laptop as we speak.

He hasn't deleted the Schenn and Couturier files yet though. :sarcasm:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
2012-13
Hall: 56.2%
Giroux: 54.5%
Lecavalier: 54.4%
Schenn: 45.5%
*Laughton: 44.2%
Couturier: 43.9%

2011-12
Hall: 59.5%
Giroux: 53.7%
Lecavalier: 47.8%
Couturier: 47.0%
Schenn: 46.1%

2010-11
Hall: 55.0%
Lecavalier: 50.9%
Giroux: 50.0%

We've gotten significantly better in the dot.

I'd hope that Hall would spend lots of time with Couturier and, to a lesser degree, Schenn (just in case) to show them the tricks of the FO trade.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
loved the acquisition when we got em and couldn't believe they locked up rosehill first. so glad they wised up.

I like that laughton gets another year of junior out of this as well. let the kid play top line minutes and excel. no need to expect every kid to make the team before they can get in a bar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad