Confirmed with Link: The Flyers re-sign center Adam Hall to 1-year contract (report: $600,000)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Flyers have re-signed forward Adam Hall to a one-year deal
Adam Hall's new contract with the Flyers has a cap hit of $600,000.

Source: Anthony SanFilippo @AnthonySan37

-----------------------

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=676563

The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have re-signed center Adam Hall to a one-year contract, according to club general manager Paul Holmgren.

The 32-year-old Hall appeared in 11 games, going scoreless and averaging 10:58 of ice-time for the Flyers this past season after being acquired on waivers at the trade deadline.

Over parts of 10 seasons in the NHL with the Nashville Predators, New York Rangers, Minnesota Wild, Pittsburgh Penguins, Tampa Bay Lightning and Carolina Hurricanes, Hall has appeared in 602 regular season games, posting 65 goals and 82 assists for 147 points to go along with 259 penalty minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I can dig it. Someone is on the way out. We now have 14 forwards (+Wellwood) on the roster.

ayshplaysh

Jul 2, 2011
We were all assuming Laughton would make the squad but it makes sense to have Hall if he doesn't stay up.

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
Good, I want no part of Laughton as the 4th line center. Hall did well to end the season. Plus, faceoffs.

EDIT: Or he may just play RW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A center has got to be getting moved.

I don't think he's exclusively a center. They needed a guy who makes very little on the cap. That's more that this is.

Besides, he'll get waived eventually I'm sure.

Very pleased by the signing though, I liked it when we got him off waivers and he played well.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Maybe. He did play on the wing majority of the time here.

True. Hoping that Lavy sees how good he is at center though. Seriously plays talbot there who loses faceoffs and hall on wing when he wins them. Hall is real solid defensively also.

Glad he got resigned. Really liked him. Either a center will be moved or Laughton and Schenn on wings. Got a small feeling all is still not done. Wouldnt be surprised if laughton is part of a package that brings in a defender.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
:handclap:

Happy about this. Good size, faceoff ability, and pker. Good for the 4th line.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I like this. Hall has the reputation of being good on faceoffs and PK. He is pretty physical also. I assume he is 4C, and Laughton now plays 3LW.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
True. Hoping that Lavy sees how good he is at center though. Seriously plays talbot there who loses faceoffs and hall on wing when he wins them. Hall is real solid defensively also.

Glad he got resigned. Really liked him. Either a center will be moved or Laughton and Schenn on wings. Got a small feeling all is still not done. Wouldnt be surprised if laughton is part of a package that brings in a defender.

It could just be insurance for Laughton as well. I mean sending Laughton back to juniors wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He'll be playing top minutes with Oshawa and playing in the WJC's for Canada.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Cheap body.

I can't really check the roster right now, does this push Laughton back into Juniors? Or is there still a hole he's penciled into?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cheap body.

I can't really check the roster right now, does this push Laughton back into Juniors? Or is there still a hole he's penciled into?

I think it's clear that if Flyers think Laughton should be on the team, he'll be on the team while other guys hit waivers. I think he would have stayed this past year if it wasn't a lockout.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Cheap body.

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds
Read - Couturier - Talbot/Laughton
Rinaldo - Laughton/Hall - Hall/Talbot

It could be something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad