Confirmed with Link: The Flyers re-sign center Adam Hall to 1-year contract (report: $600,000)

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds
Read - Couturier - Talbot/Laughton
Rinaldo - Laughton/Hall - Hall/Talbot

It could be something like that.

yeah hall shoots right, so i think he may be going RW so Rinaldo can be on his good wing because he can score sometimes.

Should be Talbot - Coots - Read though in terms of hand-ness, but where does Gagne go? Think we may be moving Talbot? I can see Talbot/Coburn fetching something good.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
beef look how this is unfolding. Do you really see a way couturier can stay here long term?

His fate for the next 5 years is 3rd line center. Once he gets a reputation as a 3rd line he will have no trade value. Right now he still has "potential" and teams see him as " a top 6 center" .

Sorry, but that's crap. There is no reason why a few years from now Couturier couldn't move up to 2C if his offensive game has developed enough. He will have good wingers to play with on the third line now. Vinny could move to wing or play some 3C or even be traded back to Tampa.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
yeah hall shoots right, so i think he may be going RW so Rinaldo can be on his good wing because he can score sometimes.

Should be Talbot - Coots - Read though in terms of hand-ness, but where does Gagne go? Think we may be moving Talbot? I can see Talbot/Coburn fetching something good.

Well I was just giving a rough idea of what they could do if all those guys are still here by the start of the year and if Hall indeed is more than just a depth forward.

I wouldn't move Talbot, he brings more to this team than Gagne at this point. I would just let Gagne walk if he doesn't come dirt cheap and Hall is on the fold for a foward spot.

SgtJoseph*

I like this news, Adam Hall is one of them players that can do many things well to help a club win......He is an under the radar type who quietly gets the job done player.
Good to see him get a full season with the Flyers.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Sorry, but that's crap. There is no reason why a few years from now Couturier couldn't move up to 2C if his offensive game has developed enough. He will have good wingers to play with on the third line now. Vinny could move to wing or play some 3C or even be traded back to Tampa.

1st off what has he done to show that he is capable of scoring at a 2c clip?

IN a few years from now couturier's perceived value around the league will diminish. Coutier is not playing behind malkin and crosby and relegated to 3rd line duties because of that.

So far couturier has yet to display his offense. That is understandable, horrible linemates ,and a defensive role. But what if his linemates and roll doesn't change for 2 more years. The longer we wait , the less potential he has, the less potential he has the more of a finished product he is. The more of a finished product he is the more he will be labled a 3rd line shutdown guy ala Sutter, ala Hanzal.

Right now, he is perceived as a young potential number 2c with great 2 way play. Once that perception is gone his value will plummet.

If couturier never plays the 2c role, then he will never assume that role. The Vinny deal is a win now deal , but in the process it stunts couturiers growth and hurts his value.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012

IN a few years from now couturier's perceived value around the league will diminish. Coutier is not playing behind malkin and crosby and relegated to 3rd line duties because of that.

So far couturier has yet to display his offense. That is understandable, horrible linemates ,and a defensive role. But what if his linemates and roll doesn't change for 2 more years. The longer we wait , the less potential he has, the less potential he has the more of a finished product he is. The more of a finished product he is the more he will be labled a 3rd line shutdown guy ala Sutter, ala Hanzal.

Right now, he is perceived as a young potential number 2c with great 2 way play. Once that perception is gone his value will plummet.

If couturier never plays the 2c role, then he will never assume that role. The Vinny deal is a win now deal , but in the process it stunts couturiers growth and hurts his value.

Dude, he's 20. He has plenty of time to find his offensive game. I'd rather the team ease him into second line duty than see them dump him on the second line before he's ready and watch him get his teeth kicked in every game. That's bad for his confidence and his development.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I don't care about his trade value since I don't want to trade him. If they hadn't signed Vinny Couturier would still be behind Schenn. Lecavalier is not stunting anything.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I say he plays wing on ice but take face offs. Then slides/skates to his wing assignment.

I like this signing. 4 th line and PK FO duties

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
beef look how this is unfolding. Do you really see a way couturier can stay here long term?

His fate for the next 5 years is 3rd line center. Once he gets a reputation as a 3rd line he will have no trade value. Right now he still has "potential" and teams see him as " a top 6 center" .

I know he would look good in a shutdown role, but you dont draft shutdown centers 8th in the draft.

You need a really good 3rd line center if you want to roll 3 scoring lines. You need to roll 3 scoring lines nowadays to have enough offensive depth for a deep playoff run. Look at every Cup Winner since the Cap era began; they have all had a Selke winner/Selke candidate, where the player won or was nominated in the general timeframe of their win. You need a guy who can play really solid defense but can also chip in offensively. Everyone talks about the need for a #1 Dman, but the need for a very good two way center is just as established, but nobody talks about it.

Couturier is looking like that guy for us. He's already elite defensively, and is excellent at moving the puck forward. However, his linemates have been bad.

Why should we trade him, exactly? We'd just end up looking for his replacement.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
By signing Vinny they may have just given Couturier better linemates next year.

Yep. Moving Schenn to his wing (Or couturier's) is automatically an upgrade. There's a trickle down effect to Couturier's line.

It's not impossible that the Vinny signing bumped the team up from a one line offense to a 3 line offense.

domestique

Feb 5, 2011
CONUS
Love this.

So hard watching him skate off the ice at the last game in tears. I believe he truly love playing here.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yep. Moving Schenn to his wing (Or couturier's) is automatically an upgrade. There's a trickle down effect to Couturier's line.

It's not impossible that the Vinny signing bumped the team up from a one line offense to a 3 line offense.

I think the top line of Hartnell, Giroux, & Voracek is set but that should leave Couturier with possibly one of Simmonds, Read, or Schenn as a winger and maybe even Laughton. He's going to get some players to work with next year.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Something about this signing makes me suspicious. We already have Giroux/Vinny/Couts/Laughton(who I think is a lock to make the team still)/Hall.

Unless Hall is playing the wing, it seems strange that we keep signing centers haha.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Good signing, wouldn't mind Laughton having a year in the AHL before coming up

Laughton can't play in the AHL next year. OHL or NHL.

This signing means that Talbot (and hopefully his pal Gervais) are part of the trade Homer is working on involving Coburn.

With Hall we get a bigger vet player for 4RW than Talbot, who stunk last year, for 1/3 the price.

That $1.75MM that Talbot's making will be used for the goalie.

Coburn, don't want to trade him but it seems inevitable. We'll miss his D, which is why we'll probably sign Scuderi to play with Streit....

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
The timing of the deal is what's off. Ya maybe they just wanted to wait rights till the end, but right before FA, and supposedly where trades will start going down they sign Hall to a bare minimum contract. I'd rather hold on to talbot but if someone is knocking for a good value it might be there. Hall actually plays a very similar game. I like Hall as the 4th line face off winning center. Seriously he is that pk, defensive face off guy the team has lacked since Betts and before that Dowd.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
The timing of the deal is what's off. Ya maybe they just wanted to wait rights till the end, but right before FA, and supposedly where trades will start going down they sign Hall to a bare minimum contract. I'd rather hold on to talbot but if someone is knocking for a good value it might be there. Hall actually plays a very similar game. I like Hall as the 4th line face off winning center. Seriously he is that pk, defensive face off guy the team has lacked since Betts and before that Dowd.

Agree. Something's up. Talbot has value, but we've added two captains (Vinnie and Streit) so leadership should not be an issue. Talbot is really a 4th line player now, and a good one. That's what makes him tradeable.

I could see Talbot going to St. Louis for the rights to Halak, and the whole Emery talk is smoke and mirrors (or Emery's people trying to squeeze the Hawks).

Or if Homer is determined to trade Coburn, Talbot could be the perfect addition to the package for MacT, whose team needs character.

Anyway, just my hunch, we'll see what Homer has up his sleeves.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Ew, I'd avoid Halak. He put up bad numbers in a goalie haven. I don't trust him.

Yeah, it's so hard to know. I didn't really see Halak or Emery this year.

Something in my gut wants Thomas to be our goalie. I like Emery but I'd be just as happy with Khudobin.

In retrospect, I really wish we'd have pushed harder for Bernier....

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Great signing.

My guess, 2 possibilities.

I believe Talbot is involved in the trade rumours. Would free up some cap space and make a possible deal more appealing for other teams.

Rinaldo-Laughton-Hall

If not traded, Laughton will, as some of you pointed out, stay probably one more year in juniors. I don't see him as a 3rd line wing.

Rinaldo-Hall-Talbot.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, it's so hard to know. I didn't really see Halak or Emery this year.

Something in my gut wants Thomas to be our goalie. I like Emery but I'd be just as happy with Khudobin.

In retrospect, I really wish we'd have pushed harder for Bernier....

We're agreeing a lot recently. It's creepy. I'm on board with this whole post.

I didn't see lots of Halak either, but looking at his numbers and recalling what I read during the season has me pumping the brakes. I'll never trust Emery's hip, either.

I have enormous doubts about a goalie Thomas's age taking a year off, but for some bizarre reason I can't pin down I want to see what happens if he signs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad