The Flyers Look bad.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Plus, if you compare Nico vs. Nolan this season, Nico is better and it’s not particularly close.
Agreed (though it's just a handful of games).

I also don't understand the point by Philly fans of comparing Nico vs Patrick NOW, because tbh Nico has had much better performance & responsibilities SO FAR.
That's not to say that Patrick won't have a great career. It's just to say that maybe Patrick fans ought to wait a little bit on comparisons.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

I also don't understand the point by Philly fans of comparing Nico vs Patrick NOW, because tbh Nico has had much better performance & responsibilities SO FAR.
That's not to say that Patrick won't have a great career. It's just to say that maybe Patrick fans ought to wait a little bit on comparisons.

As a Flyers fan, I don’t particularly care. Just happy to have Patrick

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

We don't argue with that, but Hischier was #1 and we could never have drafted him. It'd only be an embarrassing situation if Nolan outperforms Nico, and who knows what'll happen when we eventually give our young players stable linemates.

Reactions: GrkFlyersFan

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
For the past 2 years we've heard in the offseason:

"Flyers will surprised a bunch of people"
"Our young guys will take a huge step this season"

Then 1/4 into the season:
"Everyone expected the Flyers to not be good"
"Our young guys are going through a learning curve"

Wash rinse repeat

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
A normal GM would have fired Hakstol by now, but Hexy staked his reputation on him and keeps doubling down on him. I wonder if longtime owner and founder Ed Snider wouldn't have pressured Hexy to fire him by now.

Reactions: Devonator

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
A normal GM would have fired Hakstol by now, but Hexy staked his reputation on him and keeps doubling down on him. I wonder if longtime owner and founder Ed Snider wouldn't have pressured Hexy to fire him by now.

This 'doubling down' thing isn't really happening. He's just not sacked him yet.

I think he will. I just don't know when.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
When Hakstol is fired, it'll be better. We still have massive talent-holes, but it'll get better.

Would love it if they cut ties with certain players, but there's ramifications for that so it's probably better to bench these guys and play kids more.

If Hexy is fine with another year, I can deal; he's been a magician as a GM in acquisition situations. Soon, he needs to make the jump though to help the team win...probably next season.

1) Fire Hakstol and his staff. Complete philosophy change is probably needed.
2) Trade Simmonds (by the TDL), Gudas (next year won't be needed), Weise (for anything)
3) Play the kids more often

Those things will be very helpful I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad