CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
1. Few said that
2. Led the league in goals last year
3. He was last year
4. From Jan-April he produced the same as Nico did...52 point pace
5. You are absolutely correct

Trolling another Flyers thread? Shocking.

Maybe you are our good luck charm. Because whenever you try and rail on the Flyers or their prospects, they turn it around. After all, your bump of the Morgan Frost thread has turned out wonderful. Bumping it when he "only" had 5 points in 4 games. Now has 29 points in 15 games. Just keeping you up to date!

Re #4... That's a NEGATIVE on that... From January to April 2017, Patrick got 23 points (11 goals, 12 assists) in 44 games. That's a 43 points pace, not 52 (= Nico's), over 82 games.

Plus, isolating a small sample to make a player look better, is sad. One could do exactly the opposite: Patrick had a grand total of 11 points in a 4 months stretch (41 games. So, a 22 points pace over 82 games). Bottom line one can't take a few months here and there and compare that to someone else's FULL season.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
How has Nolan Patrick looked so far this year?

Like pretty much every young player under this regime, save for Sanheim. Terrified to make a mistake.

Last night, it was 3 game in rookie thrown under the bus by the coach, who is now sent down for a 3rd liner at best potential rookie and an AHL fourth-liner who were recalled.

In Ottawa it was Melnyk's ego. Hextall seems to be reaching that level. He's had the fans' patience up until now, but the eyes are turning on him for not admitting his own mistakes.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Flyers are simply not good enough or deep enough to play at a above average consistent level. No real elite players to take over a game as needed. But I do agree the head coach has to go. And maybe the GM as his inability to address the goal tending successfully is a major issue. The game has changed to speed and pace of play and the better players are not 200 foot players.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
1. Few said that
2. Led the league in goals last year
3. He was last year
4. From Jan-April he produced the same as Nico did...52 point pace
5. You are absolutely correct

Trolling another Flyers thread? Shocking.

Maybe you are our good luck charm. Because whenever you try and rail on the Flyers or their prospects, they turn it around. After all, your bump of the Morgan Frost thread has turned out wonderful. Bumping it when he "only" had 5 points in 4 games. Now has 29 points in 15 games. Just keeping you up to date!
I'm sure my comments change how players perform. I wish I had that power!

Also, regarding your first point. There are a lot of people who were pumping him up in just this one thread. It was not as uncommon of a prediction from your fanbase as you're trying to portray.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-calder-predictions.2362533/page-3

Last edited:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
They should recover, to me they are still a playoff calibre roster. The goaltending isn't good but the defence in front of it has been worse.

I do think some Flyer fans are pulling the wool over their own eyes, though. Coaching does seem to be a problem, but I don't see many Flyer's fans in this thread putting a whole lot of onus on their players. I know they are young, but they really do need better play from Sanheim, Provorov, Ghost, Patrick and Lindholm. Those are five players that have the ability to be much better than they have been.

21st in High Danger Chances Against.
18th in High Danger Chances For.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
giphy.gif
Mike Johnston is his long lost twin.

mjstunned.png

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Anderson would just get lit up.

The hidden lore here is that it's not really 100% the goaltenders fault.

our supposed "awesome future is so bright gonna rival Calgary as the best d core in the NHL" defense is arguably the worst it has been since 2006-07.
They have been that bad.

Provy is my waifu, but he looks like 50% the player he was. Sanheim shows flashes of his hype, but then he looks like a complete simp with defensive blunders (which is funny because many touted he supposed high hockey IQ. First goal today was him making another low IQ play).
Ghost is what he is defensively and that is the trade off seeing as he's one of the best offensive dmen in the world... but when he's not facilitating offense he's a negative benefit on the ice.

Outside of Philippe Myers, the defensive prospect cavalry is here.... and we've allowed more goals than teams who aren't even trying to be competitive. This was supposed to a be a year we took a step forward. Pathetic.

They need a new system at the least to try and save some of these young careers. But that won't happen. We've look awful this year and just got BTFO in our own building and there is a Western Road Trip coming up.... and the coach is getting on the plane to coach the team on said road trip.

It seems like Calgary and Philly are East and West versions of themselves. Where goalie careers go to die, incompetent coach who can never do anything right (Glen Gulutzan), and a defense that can never perform to expectations. We also had Elliott for a year, and he somehow choked even harder with you guys than with us in the playoffs xD

Also, we seem to make the playoffs every odd numbered year, while you guys make it every even numbered year. In that case, its our turn this year to lose in 5 in the 1st round :naughty:

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Re #4... That's a NEGATIVE on that... From January to April 2017, Patrick got 23 points (11 goals, 12 assists) in 44 games. That's a 43 points pace, not 52 (= Nico's), over 82 games.

Plus, isolating a small sample to make a player look better, is sad. One could do exactly the opposite: Patrick had a grand total of 11 points in a 4 months stretch (41 games. So, a 22 points pace over 82 games). Bottom line one can't take a few months here and there and compare that to someone else's FULL season.
Plus, if you compare Nico vs. Nolan this season, Nico is better and it’s not particularly close.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Oh you mean:

1. Lindblom isn't going to win the Calder?
2. Provorov isn't a Norris contender?
3. Couturier isn't anything near a PPG talent?
4. Patrick hasn't been a disappointment since he's been drafted?
5. Their GM hasn't fixed their goalie issues 5 years on the job?

SHOCKING
1. Nobody said that
2. Nobody said that either, and he's better than this.
3. He's not 100%, he barely played in preseason. He'll be fine
4. No, he hasn't. He had a great second half of the season. You Devils fans and your fetish for this guy
5. Mason was good the first couple years, Carter Hart on the horizon

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Always letting up the 1st goal and then chasing. Pinching and getting caught. PK is at the bottom once again. PP is the same thing again and again. No one moves to get open and never in a shooting position. See if a new coach can get anything out of these players. If not, then you know it's the players.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
They should recover, to me they are still a playoff calibre roster. The goaltending isn't good but the defence in front of it has been worse.

I do think some Flyer fans are pulling the wool over their own eyes, though. Coaching does seem to be a problem, but I don't see many Flyer's fans in this thread putting a whole lot of onus on their players. I know they are young, but they really do need better play from Sanheim, Provorov, Ghost, Patrick and Lindholm. Those are five players that have the ability to be much better than they have been.

21st in High Danger Chances Against.
18th in High Danger Chances For.

The first stat is the alarming one. For all of his many faults, one thing you couldn't say the past couple of season is that the Flyers 5v5 defense was bad. The fact that it's been as bad as it has this year is surprising.

The second stat is all according to plan. By design, we play a low to high game and routinely lead the league in average shot distance from the net. It's bullshit college hockey.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They look awful, but I wouldn’t at all be shocked if they suddenly role 10 in a row out of no where.

It is Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride with this team under Hakstol

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
From a Flyers fan's perceptive:

1. Our coach is unable to motivate our team to not come out flat in every single game. Our starts are atrocious.
2. Our PK has been abysmal for years and for some reason Hextall won't replace our PK coach, Ian Lapperiere.
3. Some of our prospects are massively overrated by our fan base - Lindblom and Myers, in particular.
4. Provorov has been hot garbage this year. Constant turnovers.

One of the reasons the Flyers suck is that Myers (in the AHL) is overrated.

Reactions: Stizzle

Evergreen

One of the reasons the Flyers suck is that Myers (in the AHL) is overrated.
Well if he played better in camp and earned a spot, maybe he could help the team. A lot of us hoped he'd be able to grab a spot, but he was inconsistent at best in camp and preseason.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They look awful, but I wouldn’t at all be shocked if they suddenly role 10 in a row out of no where.

It is Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride with this team under Hakstol
I swear they have either a 10 game losing streak, a 10 game winning streak, or both every year.

And if it's not a 10 game winning or losing streak, they start the season out really bad or just so-so and end up making the playoffs, or they start the season off pretty good and then wind up falling out of a spot late.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So there was a lot of hype coming into the year. Couts breaks out, Grioux back in form. Big addition in JVR. Nolan Patrick gets a full offseason to train for the first time ever after be played really well to end the year. Another year of growth for Provorov, etc.

So far, almost everyone is playing really poorly. Team looks unmotivated to do anything. They are 4-6-0 and losing to the NYI right now looking like another loss. What is going on here? Is this only a coaching issue or is there something more?
I can't remember any real hype. JVR is no god, just a middle of the pack addition. He might still work out in due time, but he's not going to save humanity. Patrick is not the greatest 2OA all time obviously. I don't know how he should have turned things around. Goaltending is mediocre again. Most importantly the coach is still that strange guy. Yes, Provorov has an atrocious start based on expectations, but he is 21 still and has yet again to carry the team's D almost singlehandedly playing over 25 mins.

The emergence of Sanheim is the only bright spot so far.

Don't know about hypes, but this seems like another year of the process for the Flyers. Long term the need a goalie. If Hart comes as advertised, that one might be solved already. They need a coach. That's up to the front office. And yes, if guys like Patrick and Konecny do not develop as expected they need a ton of offensive talent too.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
How has Couturier been? His stat line is a little rough but I haven't seen him play this year. Is he keeping it up from last year or was that a mirage?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->