The Flyers Draft 7th; Who Do You Want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's not, but if that take a safe player at 7, then they could possibly take a chance on a player like him if he's still available.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
voted Werenski, but I do believe Hanifin will still be on the board come 7th pick :nod:

and would be happy with Meloche (d), Roy (d) or maybe even Zacha (c) could fall to 22nd spot

Last edited:

TerrapinFlyers

Dec 5, 2014
Pennsylvania
voted Werenski, but I do believe Hanifin will still be on the board come 7th pick :nod:

and would be happy with Meloche (d), Roy (d) or maybe even Zacha (c) could fall to 22nd spot

If Hanifin falls that far I'll buy you a beer.

Zacha here would be another pipe dream. I'd love Meloche though.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
If Hanifin falls that far I'll buy you a beer.

Zacha here would be another pipe dream. I'd love Meloche though.

Seems to me like almost every mock draft has top players falling. This draft is so deep that the Flyers really could end up with either Zacha or Hanifin. It really depends on what the teams ahead of them are looking to acquire.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Okay, i'm just gonna throw out one scenario and i'm curious to see what you guys might think. I was thinking about posting in this in the trade board but i'm less curious about what Leafs fans would think about this and more what you guys would think.

Let's say Hanifin is there at #4. Flyers want him. Leafs want a center more than a d-man, but could still go for a defensive prospect. There will be plenty of quality centers available at #7.

To PHI:
#4 overall

To TOR:
#7 overall + Gostisbehere + 2015 3rd round pick

You've got MDZ, Morin, Sanheim, and Hanifin in your defensive future. That's plenty of offense from your defense. Would make Ghost expendable.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Okay, i'm just gonna throw out one scenario and i'm curious to see what you guys might think. I was thinking about posting in this in the trade board but i'm less curious about what Leafs fans would think about this and more what you guys would think.

Let's say Hanifin is there at #4. Flyers want him. Leafs want a center more than a d-man, but could still go for a defensive prospect. There will be plenty of quality centers available at #7.

To PHI:
#4 overall

To TOR:

You've got MDZ, Morin, Sanheim, and Hanifin in your defensive future. That's plenty of offense from your defense. Would make Ghost expendable.

Would rather just take whoever falls to 7.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If we came away with Zacha and Sprong in this draft I would be ecstatic. Zacha was ranked 3rd before the season ,and sprong was considered a top 15 pick. Both players would add much needed skill and speed to a prospect pool that lacks that at the forward position.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

To PHI:
#4 overall

To TOR:

No thanks. The perceived difference between Hanifin and Provorov/Werenski is really not much. I think people forget how awesome Ghost is because he didn't play this season. Ghost is a damn stud. He is so dynamic. That would be a downright horrible trade in my opinion.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Giving up a defensive prospect like Gostisbehere to move up three places higher is just bad. I would include the Tampa pick way before I would include Ghost in a trade which I would still be against.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Trading Gostisbhere is stupid in the first place. Trading him when his value is at its lowest, just makes it worse.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
If we came away with Zacha and Sprong in this draft I would be ecstatic. Zacha was ranked 3rd before the season ,and sprong was considered a top 15 pick. Both players would add much needed skill and speed to a prospect pool that lacks that at the forward position.

I would be happy also. But I do like Boeser better than Sprong, but at that point after picking Zacha I would be pumped no matter who they selected.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ

Upvoted

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

I'd prefer if we came away from the draft with Provorov and Connor. :handclap: but that may take a little more work, and luck.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, I agree with the above. I wouldn't be able to deal Ghost, #7, and a 3rd rounder for Hanifin. Ghost is just such a dynamic player and the only one of the top defensive prospects who plays on the right side. He's got 2nd pairing potential and is a PP1 option on just about any team.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Yeah, I agree with the above. I wouldn't be able to deal Ghost, #7, and a 3rd rounder for Hanifin. Ghost is just such a dynamic player and the only one of the top defensive prospects who plays on the right side. He's got 2nd pairing potential and is a PP1 option on just about any team.

He has top pairing potential, not 2nd pairing. I think people need to realize that Ghost was on par with Johnny Gaudreau in voting for Hoby Baker at the NCAA level. While also outplaying every NHL prospect in the frozen four tournament. Gaudreau has already shown elite potential and I expect the same from Ghost. He's definitely a possible miss, but the tools are elite. "8.5 C" if I were using hockey's future ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad