GDT: The Flames (9-5-1) vs the not as mighty Ducks (6-7-3) - Nov 7 @ 8:30pm MT (SNW & Fan960)

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
I get the impression that Mike Smith is someone who would never own up to his **** play. Like dude, you've played 2 good games all year our of 11 starts, you're pretty much the sole reason why we aren't right next to the Preds for first in the West/League.

Doesn't surprise me at all that Neal is calling out Smith. You're really going to blame defensive miscues when you let in at minimum 1 **** goal a game? Hiller wasn't anywhere near this horrible, even Kipper near the end wasn't letting in this many horrible goals.

If Smith is really going to blame the defence then he needs to get the **** off this team right now before he completely tanks this season for us.
I seem to recall that this is exactly the kind of behavior Yotes fans were telling us about when we acquired Smith.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Like I said, this season will be dictated by Mike Smith. Here we are...Where is our 1B? Because I still do not have faith in Rittich as a full time starter.

I don't have faith in Rittich either as a full time guy, but at this point he is the better option, much much MUCH younger, has a ton of room to improve, is better than Smith is at this moment and needs to be given free reign.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm confused. What I read was that Smith made a critical comment and Neal made a critical one back. I didn't read anywhere that Smith had indicated he was doing his job well. Was there more to it?

Criticizing others and criticizing yourself are not mutually exclusive.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I'm confused. What I read was that Smith made a critical comment and Neal made a critical one back. I didn't read anywhere that Smith had indicated he was doing his job well. Was there more to it?

Criticizing others and criticizing yourself are not mutually exclusive.
I think is more that people thinks that smith is in no postion to criticize anyone given his play, fair or not, I do believe he should be one of the last player pointing out flaws with the team.
Having said that, you hear about how competitive smith is, so i hope this lights a fire on his ***, but if he starts sulking and continue to be swiss cheese then he should just gtfo.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If the team wants to light a fire under Smith's ass, he needs to ride the pine for a while. It's a contract year for him and he probably doesn't want to play his way out of the NHL just yet

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If the team wants to light a fire under Smith's ass, he needs to ride the pine for a while. It's a contract year for him and he probably doesn't want to play his way out of the NHL just yet

he already did

He can join Jonas in the Swiss league

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

If he doesn't fix his shit, this will be his final year in the NHL. At least Elliott during his last year was good up until the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad