GDT: The Flames (9-5-1) vs the not as mighty Ducks (6-7-3) - Nov 7 @ 8:30pm MT (SNW & Fan960)

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames were awful tonight. Passes into skates, careless giveaways, no finish, and some brutal defense thrown in as well.
The Ducks were even worse but at least they got to face Mike Smith.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Can we all just address the elephant in the room with the giant five hole that is 36 years old? Ride the Rittich.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Flames vs Ducks 5v5:

CF%: 58-36 (61.7%)
FF%: 47-33 (58.75%)
SF%: 32-21 (60.38%)
SCF%: 29-17 (63.04%)
HDCF%: 12-7 (63.16%)
Goals: 0-3

Again... f*** you Smith

Reactions: Janks

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
People need to calm down, we can't win every game. As for smith, another crappy performance. I really am starting to get tired of this song and dance with him, he's not a starter. And if you guys think Rittich is a starter? We really are screwed. Management messed up, and its gonna cost us as a result:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
People need to calm down, we can't win every game. As for smith, another crappy performance. I really am starting to get tired of this song and dance with him, he's not a starter. And if you guys think Rittich is a starter? We really are screwed.

I am intrigued by Rittich. If he could setlle in and know he is #1 he might get more comfortable with it than playing 2 out of 5 and always wondering if his number will get called. I would run with him until the deadline and if he keeps us in the running we can make a splash for a tender (if needed).

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Mike Smith was great last year but this year I'd have to think just about any other teams backup would be an improvement on him.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but we’ve only really had two legit #1 goaltenders in our history right? Vernon and Kipper. No wonder we only have one cup.

Edit: also smiths flopping where he drops his stick is f***ing embarrassing

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
It's not about losing, Flames will lose 25-30 more games this year, it's the fact we lose because our goal-tending is hot dogshit. With a goaltender with any semblance of confidence and ability wins us that game. Anaheim wasn't dangerous outside of like 3 shifts.

Flames weren't sharp and 2/3 defensive pairings sucked, but they still outplayed the Ducks and deserved the win. We lose another game because our goalie is ass and the opponents goalies make the easy saves.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Smith was crap, but we had plenty of chances to score. Just guys unable to connect in front of the net for good chances and not having people at the right places for the abundance of rebounds that Miller let out all game.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It's not about losing, Flames will lose 25-30 more games this year, it's the fact we lose because our goal-tending is hot dog****. With a goaltender with any semblance of confidence and ability wins us that game. Anaheim wasn't dangerous outside of like 3 shifts.

Flames weren't sharp and 2/3 defensive pairings sucked, but they still outplayed the Ducks and deserved the win. We lose another game because our goalie is ass and the opponents goalies make the easy saves.

Your goalie should win you games sometimes though despite the defence. Smith doesn't really do that.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Your goalie should win you games sometimes though despite the defence. Smith doesn't really do that.

Rittich did just that against the Rangers, Mike Smith get's every start sans 2 after that game. f*** off. He should have been made the starter after that game.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Defense lost us this one as much as Smith did. We were giving up as many rushes as we were getting, that can't happen against a team like the Ducks.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Cant win when your number 1 goalie sucks and your captain and #1 & 2 centers either forgot there is a game or took a night off

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Rittich did just that against the Rangers, Mike Smith get's every start sans 2 after that game. **** off. He should have been made the starter after that game.

Smith was rode hard and put away wet by Arizona. He is now 36 years old and can be a superb backup, but Smith hasn't been anywhere close to who he was before last years injury. The night is darkest just before the dawn, the dawn of the Rittich era is upon us.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Start Rittich both games on the weekend.
After holding out with a bit of hope that Smith would find his game, I'm officially hopping on the Smith is garbage bandwagon.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Smith was rode hard and put away wet by Arizona. He is now 36 years old and can be a superb backup, but Smith hasn't been anywhere close to who he was before last years injury. The night is darkest just before the dawn, the dawn of the Rittich era is upon us.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad