The Final Official Crosby Thread(all Talk Goes Here, Punks...or Else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Crosby may live with Mario. Mario made the offer . . .

........ and one of Crosby's representatives thinks that it is a good idea.

Rizzo said that with the approval of Lemieux's wife Nathalie, he'd love to see the young Crosby find a home in the Lemieux household.

"That's going to be up to Sidney, obviously, to decide that," Lemieux said. "But we're going to be taking care of him. Whatever he needs to make him feel more comfortable, we'll be there for him."

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune...e/s_356369.html

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
nazzy said:
:D I knew it would jinx them for good.

Wasn’t there a mock-draft on Sprotsnet(or other sports channel) in which Toronto had the #1 pick?

That, not the picture, was the reason Toronto ‘lucked out’ of the #1 pick.

Crosby is Montreal bound eventually and the Leafs fans should not hold their breath that Crosby EVER plays for their team.

Actually holding your breath is far more healthier then breathing in smog-ridden 42 degree humidex air in Toronto :)

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I too am setting the bar for Crosby's rookie season very high, but he's going to the ideal situation for his offensive skills to shine.

90-100 points.

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
wow 100 pts for crosby in his rookie season u gotta be drunk or somethin. Last season art ross winner martin st-louis only got 96pts. Imo if crosby stays healthy and if the pens get some talented players to help him out a 60-70pts would be very good. He will need some time to get the pace of the nhl. That said i hope he still get an exeptionnal season cause im a long time crosby fan since i first heard of him 3 years ago.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The Dopefish said:
First of all, he's going to start one way or another. What line he's on or what position he plays is the big question. If the Pens can thieve Malkin back from Russia you're possibly looking at a Lemieux-Malkin-Crosby line (and this is before free-agency). The first thought of that being, "Wait, that's three centers on the same line." Well, Mario once played the wing in a comeback and if Crosby is as flexible as they're touting he and/or the other two probably could do the same. And, as we're all well aware, Mario Lemieux is a proven point machine.

I'd rather see something like

Lemieux-Crosby-Malone
Someone-Malkin-Recchi

Malone would score A LOT of goals.

Crosby would dig pucks out of the corners feed Lemieux who would then set up Malone.

The 2 Pittsburgh savior + the pittsburgh kid. Dream line for the pens.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
E = CH² said:
I'd rather see something like

Lemieux-Crosby-Malone
Someone-Malkin-Recchi

Malone would score A LOT of goals.

Crosby would dig pucks out of the corners feed Lemieux who would then set up Malone.

The 2 Pittsburgh savior + the pittsburgh kid. Dream line for the pens.

No way I would play any of the three, Malkin, Crosby, Mario, on each other's lines other than rare occassions. The main thing that sets all three apart is almost sureal hockey sense. That kind of thing that transcends all the sports. The thing that for instance Peyton Manning has in football, where the field slows down for just him and he knows that fifth reciever . . . or sixth, is going to break open and puts the ball right where he will be . . . 5 seconds later. Mario has that more than perhaps anyone ever did. Warren Young scored 40 goals on his wing remember? Cam Neely, after playing on his wing in an all star game, said that a fire hydrant could score 40 goals on Mario's wing. Just put all three down the middle and watch and see ordinary wingers become extraordinay on those three lines. Just imagine Mario as perhaps your third line center among those three. Christ. Choose your poison. My dream line is to separate those three for as long as Marion plays.

Mario, Malkin, Crosby and Fleury down the middle. Christ. No guarentees any of those (except for Mario of course) will live up to their hype, but Christ, that is scary. I am still in utter disbelief.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
littleD said:
Great, so if he doesn't reach that, we can hear how disappointed you are and what a bust he is.

Absolutely not. I just think that the setting is perfect for him to deliver the goods...and he will. He's that good.

I'll slightly edit what I wrote in order not to offend...

If Sidney Crosby plays 82 games (or very close to it) in the NHL in 2005-06, he'll rack up 90-100 points.

Steve Latin*

Jaded-Fan said:
........ and one of Crosby's representatives thinks that it is a good idea.

Rizzo said that with the approval of Lemieux's wife Nathalie, he'd love to see the young Crosby find a home in the Lemieux household.

"That's going to be up to Sidney, obviously, to decide that," Lemieux said. "But we're going to be taking care of him. Whatever he needs to make him feel more comfortable, we'll be there for him."

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune...e/s_356369.html
Class as always.

However, if I were Sid, I don't think I'd want to live with my boss :)

IIRC, Fleury didn't take him up on the same offer.

S L

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Jaded-Fan said:
No way I would play any of the three, Malkin, Crosby, Mario, on each other's lines other than rare occassions. The main thing that sets all three apart is almost sureal hockey sense. That kind of thing that transcends all the sports. The thing that for instance Peyton Manning has in football, where the field slows down for just him and he knows that fifth reciever . . . or sixth, is going to break open and puts the ball right where he will be . . . 5 seconds later. Mario has that more than perhaps anyone ever did. Warren Young scored 40 goals on his wing remember? Cam Neely, after playing on his wing in an all star game, said that a fire hydrant could score 40 goals on Mario's wing. Just put all three down the middle and watch and see ordinary wingers become extraordinay on those three lines. Just imagine Mario as perhaps your third line center among those three. Christ. Choose your poison. My dream line is to separate those three for as long as Marion plays.

Mario, Malkin, Crosby and Fleury down the middle. Christ. No guarentees any of those (except for Mario of course) will live up to their hype, but Christ, that is scary. I am still in utter disbelief.

Playing Mario and Sidney together makes sense, since I think right now Mario's a better LW than C at this stage of his career.

Lemieux-Crosby-Recchi
Malone-Malkin-Kovalev/Morozov

Looks great to me.

bearcat11

Mar 14, 2005
Nova Scotia
It hasn't been decided yet whether Malkin will be in the NHL next year has it? I certainly hope he is, it'll be fun to watch him and Crosby adapting to the NHL game next year.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hasn't been decided yet, no. But the good news is that the IIHF came to an agreement with the NHL today, so it will clear the way for the Penguins to sign him... and it would make the most sense to do so now, IMO.

The crop of impressive youngster playing this year is already pretty ridiculous even if Malkin decides not to come over. It's going to be a blast watching all these guys. Barring even Crosby there's obviously Ovechkin, plus Carter, Lehtonen, and Vanek among others.

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
Lemieux-Crosby-Recchi Malone-Malkin-Kovalev/Morozov[/QUOTE said:
Most likely going to be

Lemieux-Crosby-Kovalev(If we get him)
Malone-Malkin-Recchi

If Malkin does sign, it's been rumoured he'll take top line, although I see Crosby and Mario being on the same line and I don't know why Mario would play line 2. Kovalev is a great playmaker, so Mario will have not one, but two guys setting him up, and Recchi showed last season(the one that existed, hehe) that he can amass a ton of points even at his age, plus with no doubt, he is a fan favorite, and was even when he was a Flyer. We may sign another LW, and bump Malone up to line 3, who knows, but I think our days of having trouble at Center are over. :)

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Agreed, there's no way an 18 year old rookie scores more points than the art ross winner did last season.

I'm guessing it'll be something like 20-30-50, depending on the linemates and icetime. He'll probably be a minus player as well.

Jack Canuck

Sep 12, 2003
Hawaii
Visit site
If Mario is healthy for 60 games and paired with Crosby I find it hard to believe that Crosby would not put up a point per game if he is half as good as the hype.

HabsRenegade

This is fine
Nov 8, 2004
Montreal
Steve Latin said:
Class as always.

However, if I were Sid, I don't think I'd want to live with my boss :)

IIRC, Fleury didn't take him up on the same offer.

S L

Sidney gonna live with Mario?

Wow that would make a good tv soap.

Tonight on Fox... the most popular tv show on the moment... The After-Game!

The life of the greatest hockey player with the best current rookie... there's going to be some funny situation tonight at 8 pm only on Fox!

:biglaugh:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Jag68Vlady27 said:
Absolutely not. I just think that the setting is perfect for him to deliver the goods...and he will. He's that good.

I'll slightly edit what I wrote in order not to offend...

If Sidney Crosby plays 82 games (or very close to it) in the NHL in 2005-06, he'll rack up 90-100 points.

:biglaugh:

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
Everybody wants to compare Crosby to Lemieux and Gretzky. Well, Lemieux scored 100 points in his rookie season. However, he was a year older than Sid and the league was a whole lot more offensive. Taking that in to consideration, I think 60-70 points would be enough to keep the comparisons alive, and is about what I expect. Of course, if he does end up playing a whole season with Mario and Kovalev or something like that, getting top line minutes, PP minutes, and if the league is more offensive this year, then I don't think 90-100 is ridiculous.

Before he played his first season in the Q, didn't everyone say, "no way will he ever get more than 80 points", well he scored 135, led the entire CHL and won player of the year. Not that I'm expecting the same sort of thing in the NHL, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Here's an interesting article on whether Cosby can live up to the hype: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/draft2005/columns/story?id=2118375

I found it rather uninteresting. It's basically a negative view of the hype around Crosby based solely on expectations real hockey people don't even have. Nobody that really knows the game expects Crosby to be all the things that article makes the hype out to be. And the only quotes the reporter could find to support his opinion were from an agent. An anonymous agent - real meaningful insight. :shakehead

Find me a scout or an NHL GM who says things like 'He's not that good.' Anonymous agents don't carry a lot of credability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad