The Final Official Crosby Thread(all Talk Goes Here, Punks...or Else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
The Positive and Negatives of Crosby in New York

Rangers getting Crosby would be a farce, they sign every player under the sun, they trade for players like Jagr, and still can't produce a winning team. And getting Crosby on top of this would be a joke, to reward a team that probobly ran their business the poorest of all 30 teams would look terrible. HOWEVER, it would be great for the NHL, and it would go a long way to get Americans interested in hockey again. It's a win/lose situation.

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
eddiedaeagle20 said:
Rangers getting Crosby would be a farce, they sign every player under the sun, they trade for players like Jagr, and still can't produce a winning team. And getting Crosby on top of this would be a joke, to reward a team that probobly ran their business the poorest of all 30 teams would look terrible. HOWEVER, it would be great for the NHL, and it would go a long way to get Americans interested in hockey again. It's a win/lose situation.

I understand where you are coming from, but I think most people are so far removed from the days when blaming the Rangers for every economical problem the league is in. I think more people are strangely looking for the Rangers to be the saviour now, and Crosby would go a LONG way in helping that.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
eh i don't think a lot of people are looking at the rangers to be the savior, if for no other reason than years of bitterness that the rangers spent more money than them and grabbed up superstars.

but no it's not a farce for the rangers to end up with crosby...the draft isn't there to distinguish between who spent money the wisest, who ran their team the best and therefor deserves the best draft pick...it's to help the teams that have struggled by giving them the primo spot to pick in the draft. the rangers have more or less earned their slightly greater chance at crosby in this draft through years of mediocrity

plus, i tend to think the rangers are showing signs of breaking out of their poor management and actually doing some good things with the team.

Firefly

Mar 9, 2004
Mohawk Valley
The Rangers getting Crosby would be overshadowed by the earth shaking *****ing and moaning that would ensue. :shakehead

I hope we don't get the #1 pick honestly.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
Levitate said:
eh i don't think a lot of people are looking at the rangers to be the savior, if for no other reason than years of bitterness that the rangers spent more money than them and grabbed up superstars.

but no it's not a farce for the rangers to end up with crosby...the draft isn't there to distinguish between who spent money the wisest, who ran their team the best and therefor deserves the best draft pick...it's to help the teams that have struggled by giving them the primo spot to pick in the draft. the rangers have more or less earned their slightly greater chance at crosby in this draft through years of mediocrity

plus, i tend to think the rangers are showing signs of breaking out of their poor management and actually doing some good things with the team.
Ya, a "farce" was probobly too strong. It just seems wrong to reward the Rangers with the best player since lemieux, but that's the system that was agreed on, so we all have to be understanding of why he's going where he is, everyone got a fair chance, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Kiss Sid Goodbye!

As of this time tomorow, we will know which team is going to draft Crosby. That means, by this time tomorow, some of us will be unable to acknoledge the fact that he is a good player/prospect/human being.

:teach:

Bye Sidney. (Just in case you go to Ottawa, Montreal, or Philly :D)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
there's gonna be a whole lotta pissed off people tomorrow

I'm just hoping the rangers get a top 5 pick or so...crosby would be great but i want a top pick at least ;P

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Sidney Crosby just mentioned on Daily News Live, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia's sports talk program which which is hooked up with the Philadelphia Daily News . Glowing talk by one of the hockey beat writers.

cxreg

Nov 13, 2003
Seattle
Clearly the biggest negative for him going to NYR is that there would be no playoffs for Crosby until he's 25 and becomes a UFA :biglaugh:

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
blu3shirt said:
The Rangers getting Crosby would be overshadowed by the earth shaking *****ing and moaning that would ensue. :shakehead

I hope we don't get the #1 pick honestly.
I don't care what anyone else thinks. As long as we get Crosby I will be happy. People could scream fix all they want, they can say that the Rangers don't deserve Crosby, but guess what? I DON'T FREAKING CARE! I don't care what anyone else thinks, because as long as WE get Crosby, they can ***** all they want.

mytor4*

Broadway Crosby said:
I don't care what anyone else thinks. As long as we get Crosby I will be happy. People could scream fix all they want, they can say that the Rangers don't deserve Crosby, but guess what? I DON'T FREAKING CARE! I don't care what anyone else thinks, because as long as WE get Crosby, they can ***** all they want.
odds are against the rangers in the overall picture. its 42 balls against 2 and i for one will laugh when anyone but the rangers get crosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad