The Final Official Crosby Thread(all Talk Goes Here, Punks...or Else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Le Golie said:
I found it rather uninteresting. It's basically a negative view of the hype around Crosby based solely on expectations real hockey people don't even have. Nobody that really knows the game expects Crosby to be all the things that article makes the hype out to be. And the only quotes the reporter could find to support his opinion were from an agent. An anonymous agent - real meaningful insight. :shakehead

Find me a scout or an NHL GM who says things like 'He's not that good.' Anonymous agents don't carry a lot of credability.

And they stay anonymous to hang on to what little they have.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Le Golie said:
I found it rather uninteresting. It's basically a negative view of the hype around Crosby based solely on expectations real hockey people don't even have. Nobody that really knows the game expects Crosby to be all the things that article makes the hype out to be. And the only quotes the reporter could find to support his opinion were from an agent. An anonymous agent - real meaningful insight. :shakehead

Find me a scout or an NHL GM who says things like 'He's not that good.' Anonymous agents don't carry a lot of credability.

You don't think there are some "real" hockey people that have unrealistic expectations for Crosby? I do. For example: Bob McKenzie thinks Crosby could get 80 points in his rookie season. I think that's a bit unrealisitic.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
You don't think there are some "real" hockey people that have unrealistic expectations for Crosby? I do. For example: Bob McKenzie thinks Crosby could get 80 points in his rookie season. I think that's a bit unrealisitic.

How is that at all unrealistic? First of all 'could' doesn't mean 'should' or 'will'. Secondly, we don't know what scoring will be like in the new NHL. Thirdly, if he is Mario's linemate all season and both remain healthy he will be a point a game player. I would venture to guess that 80 points is considered a fairly common estimate in NHL circles. If you think that is unrealistic then you don't understand how good Crosby really is.

Saying he 'could' get 80 points next year is a far cry from saying he will have the mind of Wayne Gretzky, the heart of Maurice Richard, Messier's leadership and Bossy's shot - like that article says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad