TV: The Expanse Season 4

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
New trailer dropped!

AND!

‘The Expanse’ Renewed for Season 5 at Amazon

It also looks like Amazon continues to spell Ilus wrong! ;)

That's amazing news that season 5 has been picked up already.

The new Rocinante plaque is interesting. "A Legitimate Salvage".

TMLVWse.png

Reactions: RobBrown4PM

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This scene alone proves that the creators know what the fan base wants.

I don't get it. I wanted a plaque? I'm not trying to question you. If I wanted a plaque, I wanted a plaque. I just want to understand why I wanted a plaque.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I don't get it. I wanted a plaque? I'm not trying to question you. If I wanted a plaque, I wanted a plaque. I just want to understand why I wanted a plaque.

Throughout the books the crew of the Roci have to continually defend the Roci being legitimate salvage, and state as such throughout the series. So calling the Roci 'Legitimate Salvage' has become a bit of a rallying cry for fans of the series.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Throughout the books the crew of the Roci have to continually defend the Roci being legitimate salvage, and state as such throughout the series. So calling the Roci 'Legitimate Salvage' has become a bit of a rallying cry for fans of the series.

I understood the first part. I didn't realize that fans have latched onto it as a rallying cry. I'm just a wee babe of a fan, after all.

I wonder if there's a trace of double meaning to the plaque. After all, the show, itself, might be considered "legitimate salvage" by Amazon :D.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I understood the first part. I didn't realize that fans have latched onto it as a rallying cry. I'm just a wee babe of a fan, after all.

I wonder if there's a trace of double meaning to the plaque. After all, the show, itself, might be considered "legitimate salvage" by Amazon :D.

My mind is now blown after that last sentence.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I can't understand why this show isn't more popular. I know it's obviously got a dedicated fanbase, but this is just one of the best shows around, not just one of the best sci-fi shows. I have a few friends I've turned onto the show, and it took convincing because none of them were into sci-fi stuff, but now they're all dying for the new season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I can't understand why this show isn't more popular. I know it's obviously got a dedicated fanbase, but this is just one of the best shows around, not just one of the best sci-fi shows. I have a few friends I've turned onto the show, and it took convincing because none of them were into sci-fi stuff, but now they're all dying for the new season.
SyFy network has a dreadful reputation, which I'm sure didn't help its viewership.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
SyFy network has a dreadful reputation, which I'm sure didn't help its viewership.

It's certainly a big reason why I didn't bother to check out the series until just last month. I stopped watching SyFy over 10 years ago, when it was still The SciFi Channel. The dumb name change probably didn't help. If even someone who's big into science fiction won't watch your channel, you have problems.

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
I finished season 3 last night, after spending a month watching the series at an episode or two per night pace. It's the best sci-fi I've seen in a long time. If you're a forum regular in any of the sci fi threads (Star Trek/Orville, etc.) and haven't checked this one out, then do yourself a favor.

It took a few episodes to familiarize myself with the universe. I wasn't completely sold after the first couple of episodes, but the show sucked me in shortly afterward. I even started watching with subtitles, so I wouldn't miss anything critical. I agree with others that a strength of The Expanse is it's not holding your hand. This is fairly intelligent sci-fi that was marketed piss poorly by SyFy channel, so much so that I'd never heard of it. A couple of YouTube nerd channels pushed the show hard, and I finally made time for it.

I remember Shohreh Aghdashloo from "24" and was excited to see her here. She doesn't disappoint. I had just finished Chernobyl before beginning The Expanse and was not expecting to see Jared Harris again so soon. Two very different characters! I prefer Chad Coleman here much more than I do on The Orville.

Casting overall is solid. Favorites include Amos and Bobbie. Drummer came on strong in season 3. I enjoyed the dynamic between her and Ashford and how the story avoided predictability with their relationship. I also liked how Melba's arc resolved after not being wholly invested in her in the beginning. Season 3 finale was very good.

Thanks to book readers in the thread for consistently using spoilers. I haven't read them and appreciate not knowing what's coming.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

I'm guessing being on Syfy did not help, I wonder how many people watched it on Netflix/Amazon Prime rather than on Syfy. I had read about before it came out so watched it as soon as it premiered but my brother got hooked after watching it on Netflix.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
And than they cancel it just like they did with this instead of putting more money into marketing the show. They did the same thing with Happy! they have actually had a few good to great shows the last little while but they all wind up cancelled.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The Expanse is the best science fiction show since B5, and no show right now even comes close to being ad close.

While B5 was God tier Sci-Fi, I feel it would have been much, much more appreciated in the present.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009

So Drummer has a spinal stabilizer.

Kinda figured she would. Plenty of characters in the Expanse universe have augmentations in one form or another.

Spoils for Auberon.
In Auberon, Eric has a sweet cybernetic arm that can catch bullets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad