The Ex-Jackets Thread (Any Bob/Bread/Duchene/etc. discussion here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Bob on his game is the best goalie in the game for my money and I say that comfortably. Sure he has some ups and downs (who doesnt) but Florida's D is a mess.
And don't forget Bob always starts off slow. That's why I'm not gleeful over his rather pedestrian stats so far.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'd bet from a goalie's perspective, it doesn't matter as much if it's Seth Jones or Scott Harrington defending a 2 on 1. It's still a 2 on 1.

This is one of the most ridiculous thing ever posted on here.

There's much gray area between, "playing the pass" and "playing the shooter" during 2 on 1's...

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I'm sorry but Bob is looking horrible. Just watched the 3rd period of the flames-cats game. yikes. gave up 5 tonight in regulation.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm sorry but Bob is looking horrible. Just watched the 3rd period of the flames-cats game. yikes. gave up 5 tonight in regulation.

He's getting some heat on the Florida board. I'm pretty confident he'll regain form sooner rather than later, but other than bus88, I doubt anyone would have predicted Korpisalo outperforming Bob-let alone by such a large margin. I do caution that it is early in the season.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Just about anyone is giving up 5 with that defense

HAHAHAHA

This IS NOT what you guys were saying a VERY SHORT time ago.

Fascinating the amount of credit he gets for winning games in relation to the credit he gets for losing games, and most importantly just the way he plays many times in these losses.

"Just about anyone"...... Isn't the whole debate based on this? That Bobrovsky isn't just anybody, he's 2-time Vezina winner, 10 mil cap hit, Sergei Bobrovsky. His value to teams has been compared to that of John Tavares and even Dominik f***ing Hasek, more than a once. HE HAS BEEN GIVEN SIGNIFICANT CREDIT for the recent success of the CBJ team the AND MANY "CBJ fans" predicted the team would struggle without him.

Not only that, but people also completely downplay the NEGATIVE IMPACT he had on the team last year, and IMO in the past. It is what it is, he's gone and the team is better for it, like I said. The things said from both Bobrovsky and management/players during multiple stretches during his time in Columbus, is the LAST TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP YOU WANT WITH YOUR GOALIE!! It just came to a head at the VERY WORST time, last year.

We had, Vezina Winner/All Star Sergei Bobrovsky AND the bluejackets

Now we have, Vezina Winner/ All Star Sergei Bobrovsky AND the panthers

There is the real problem, that we, OR I, no longer have.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I have no idea what you're going on about, I simply made a comment that if you watch that defense, they could have prime Brodeur or Roy and it wouldn't matter, there was nothing about bob with the CBJ in that statement...so move along kid

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I have no idea what you're going on about, I simply made a comment that if you watch that defense, they could have prime Brodeur or Roy and it wouldn't matter, there was nothing about bob with the CBJ in that statement...so move along kid
I can tell you the panthers aren’t allowing many shots . Most nights Bob is giving up 4 goals on 21 shots. And Sam Montebeault who is 22 , seems to be having no problems .

MIN
2019-20203210017551.79.9330168
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
As a CBJ fan I couldn't be more excited that Joonas Korpisalo is the starting goalie, and believe he should have been given a much bigger chance to play many more games in the past couple years, especially last year.

He's better at his current age than our old "Vezina Winning goalie" was at the same age.

That ok? No?

Fire Torts, Buyout Dubinsky!! Better?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

I literally cant respond to all the posters and posts that have been VERY anti-Korpisalo and pro-Bobrovsky, UP UNTIL RIGHT NOW!!!

Whatever, gonna be a LONG SEASON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad