The Ex-Jackets Thread (Any Bob/Bread/Duchene/etc. discussion here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
In the interest of containing the spread of this particular topic, and because some folks evidently are interested in updates, we are moving discussion of certain prominent former Blue Jackets to a dedicated thread.
Play nice.

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Not weird watching the Panthers give up 4 goals regardless of how much you pay your goalie.
Goes back to what I’ve always said . All these goalies are really good at nhl level. Average goalies look near elite when they play in a solid defensive system , that have a good defensive core . Carolina rolled with 2 waiver pick ups last year , the islanders were another example . Hope Florida enjoys wasting all that money on Bob who just turned 31. 25-29 for .862 save %. Granted it’s one night , and Tampa can make u look bad .

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
Goes back to what I’ve always said . All these goalies are really good at nhl level. Average goalies look near elite when they play in a solid defensive system , that have a good defensive core . Carolina rolled with 2 waiver pick ups last year , the islanders were another example . Hope Florida enjoys wasting all that money on Bob who just turned 31. 25-29 for .862 save %. Granted it’s one night , and Tampa can make u look bad .
I mean...Bob did pretty well the last time I remember him playing Tampa

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

You probably should have deleted your post after getting to the bolded. There's zero reason to make your argument at this point.

Wait until he gets to play more. And not against Tampa. And jesus you obviously didn't watch, it would have been 8-2 with an average goalie in net.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Bob was totally screened on first goal. Didn't see the rest.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Not weird watching the Panthers give up 4 goals regardless of how much you pay your goalie.

Last year, Bob sucked against Tampa during the regular season. Last year (save for one period) Bob kicked Tampa's ass in the playoffs. Choose one to make what ever point you wish.

6 of one - half dozen of another.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Last year, Bob sucked against Tampa during the regular season. Last year (save for one period) Bob kicked Tampa's ass in the playoffs. Choose one to make what ever point you wish.

I think my point is that a lot depends on defensive play in front of him and I don’t think Florida has very good D.

Reactions: The Bread Man

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

I disagree somewhat with that assessment. Bob was barely tested in Game 3 and was good (but not great) in Game 4. He was better in the Boston series.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Looks to be a whopping 4,000 or so on hand to see their 10 million dollar goalie having another stellar night . At the first intermission Carolina 4-0 , Bob giving up 4 goals on 14 shots .
Korpisalo doesn't look so bad after all at this point of the season if you put it in perspective. People can complain that he hasn't proven himself yet but if Bob had stayed they'd complain that we paid 10 million for that performance so far.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not sure what you guys are all on about. Nobody on the panthers board is blaming bob. He literally stopped two breakaways in a row and got scored on directly afterward because Ekblad didn’t cover anyone who was in front of the net after the save.

We all know that Bob, duchene, and Panarin are going to have success on their new teams. But if duclair and Dzingel do then that’s a true indictment against torts and his ability to get stuff out of players. If Dzingel has a good year for Carolina I’m going to be upset with torts because there was no reason he shouldn’t have fit in here.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Not sure what you guys are all on about. Nobody on the panthers board is blaming bob. He literally stopped two breakaways in a row and got scored on directly afterward because Ekblad didn’t cover anyone who was in front of the net after the save.

We all know that Bob, duchene, and Panarin are going to have success on their new teams. But if duclair and Dzingel do then that’s a true indictment against torts and his ability to get stuff out of players. If Dzingel has a good year for Carolina I’m going to be upset with torts because there was no reason he shouldn’t have fit in here.

Dzingel with 2 goals tonight/

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I mean Dzingel was highly successful prior to coming to the cbj as well . It’s not like he forgot to play hockey when he came here . There is a mountain of evidence to suggest Torts is the issue .

Reactions: GoJackets1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad