The Europa Universalis IV Thread

MadArcand

Whaletarded
Dec 19, 2006
Seat of the Empire
Knocked off two more achievements, Iron Price and Queen of Mercury. Both quite easy blobfests, really.

Danish blob (incl. vassal Armenia and fully colonized Vinland & New Denmark) during WW0:
ww0.jpg

And the Kilwan blob:
kilwa.jpg

(All of Pacific is mine, as is all of Indonesia. Bahmanis, Tunis & Sind are my vassals, Kilwallaby is the Oz colony)

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
On a big run of achievements right now. Got a million men, silk road, all your trade are belong to us, ruina imperii, the revolution crushed, and master of India.

The year is 1816. There's my Ottoman Empire, a 2 province netherlands, a 5 province Tuscany, a 1 province Scotland, a 3 province Britain and my former ally France with half his provinces still.

Going to be down to the wire on getting one tag world conquest. Currently at war with Scots/France/ Tuscany. France will take 2 wars to eat. Truces with everyone beyond 1820. Already broke a truce to finish the Hansa. 15 year regency in 1750 crushed my momentum.

So close.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Knocked off two more achievements, Iron Price and Queen of Mercury. Both quite easy blobfests, really.

Danish blob (incl. vassal Armenia and fully colonized Vinland & New Denmark) during WW0:
ww0.jpg

And the Kilwan blob:
kilwa.jpg

(All of Pacific is mine, as is all of Indonesia. Bahmanis, Tunis & Sind are my vassals, Kilwallaby is the Oz colony)

No way I just did a Queen of Mercury run as well. I agree that it was an easy game. Very zen campaign. As long as you beat the Europeans to colonizing the Cape, the game afterwards is pretty straightforward. I even westernized for the heck of it.

Impressive "Iron Price" game you got there. Took care of Russia that's for sure. :laugh:

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
On a big run of achievements right now. Got a million men, silk road, all your trade are belong to us, ruina imperii, the revolution crushed, and master of India.

The year is 1816. There's my Ottoman Empire, a 2 province netherlands, a 5 province Tuscany, a 1 province Scotland, a 3 province Britain and my former ally France with half his provinces still.

Going to be down to the wire on getting one tag world conquest. Currently at war with Scots/France/ Tuscany. France will take 2 wars to eat. Truces with everyone beyond 1820. Already broke a truce to finish the Hansa. 15 year regency in 1750 crushed my momentum.

So close.

Maps please! Let's see this. I love multi achievement runs.

Good luck with your last 4 years. :)

MadArcand

Whaletarded
Dec 19, 2006
Seat of the Empire
A double run for Jihad and Arabian coffee.

Hard until allying Ottomans, but since then it was easy.

arabia.jpg

Kiev is my vassal. Allied to MegaFrance, Poland and Jaunpur.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Maps please! Let's see this. I love multi achievement runs.

Good luck with your last 4 years. :)

Didn't make it. :(

Took 200 OE in first war. Had to send a million troops on rebel suppression. Just had too much France left to core. Probably should have broke the alliance earlier, but I wasn't sure I could survive a full world coalition until the last 50 years.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Didn't make it. :(

Took 200 OE in first war. Had to send a million troops on rebel suppression. Just had too much France left to core. Probably should have broke the alliance earlier, but I wasn't sure I could survive a full world coalition until the last 50 years.

200 OE? Hot diggity that's a boat load. The overextension penalties are just so brutal.

Sorry but hey you got very close. It isn't called very hard for nothing. I certainly haven't come close to getting that achievement.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I started playing again the past couple of days and have Aragon as a Colonial empire. For whatever reason, England isn't a threat. They lost multiple wars to Scotland and have a handful of colonies, that's it.

I play with the timeline mod so there is no wasteland.

May 27, 2012
Earth
My colonial empire is coming to an end. This is the first time I have actually been crushed hard.

My Colony in Africa decided to wage war on a French Colony. I was doing ok in that war than the Papal States use a Nationlism Casus Belli on me and caused Venice, Castille to fight me as well. Than the Ottomans decided to declare war on me and for Tunis.

I just gave up all of Italy but Sicily to The Papal States, and currently fighting, France and Colonies, Commonwealth and Ottomans.

These wars have given my colonies 100% Liberty desire. The Aragonese Empire had a good run.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Honestly, I don't mind at all when I get crushed (and it happens more often than I'd like to admit lol).

The game is legit. challenging.

Playing Iron Man has made me relatively conservative when playing this game, which I think is a good thing.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Honestly, I don't mind at all when I get crushed (and it happens more often than I'd like to admit lol).

The game is legit. challenging.

Playing Iron Man has made me relatively conservative when playing this game, which I think is a good thing.

Yeah, I have been defeated multiple times. Now the only thing left from my empire is my lands in Iberia and 4 provinces in Africa. I went one of the powerhouses to nothing lol within 10-15 years.

Countries that have formed are: USA, Canada, Columbia, Brazil, Nigeria, Aragonese Mali, Zambia, Aragonese Pacific, South-West Africa.

Canada and Columbia have the same dynasty so that should be interesting. Canada and the USA came across the ocean and invaded me after I was weak and could only muster up 20 armies. They came over with 30+ with a 3 star general.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
The biggest thing I notice when playing with friends who routinely get crushed is that they a) don't maintain strong alliance systems to counter threats, and b) don't respect how devastating AE and OE can be. Most precious resources in game are friends, manpower and stability.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I did have Portugal and France as allies at one point but I think I made them mad when I broke the treaty of whatever and colonized lands they claimed. lol.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Since this seems to be the go-to thread for talking about Paradox games, anyone really following Stellaris? I always love 4K space games then I play one or two scenarios and I get bored. There just isn't as much to do as you think and you steamroll way too quickly. A Paradox style 4K space game now...from the information so far (go to their forums) it looks amazing. Seems to be taking something from CK2, V2, and EUIV and putting it into a space exploration and empire building game.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Absolutely going to buy Stellaris Day 1...looks like they are spending a lot of effort to make it a dandy.

Going back to EU4, I just completed "Bengal Tiger." Fun little achievement took me about 3 hours.

I really really like the Cossacks expansion. This game keeps getting better and better. It makes the diplomacy interactions so much more believable/interactive. And adding yet another system (Estates). Gotta love it.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
So this is a game I have wanted to get into, but am intimated by it. I like Civ V, but I don't think that is anywhere near as complex. What is a good way to get started if I do buy it?

MadArcand

Whaletarded
Dec 19, 2006
Seat of the Empire
So this is a game I have wanted to get into, but am intimated by it. I like Civ V, but I don't think that is anywhere near as complex. What is a good way to get started if I do buy it?
Playing as Portugal/England/Ottomans.

Went for First Come, First Served & For Odin! lately (starting as OPM in Acadia)

vikings.jpg

May 27, 2012
Earth
I have to get used to the new expansion and figure it out a bit more. I keep getting wrecked by the nobility. I got toned by them a few times in one game. I was doing decent as Pomerania then it went downhill.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
I have to get used to the new expansion and figure it out a bit more. I keep getting wrecked by the nobility. I got toned by them a few times in one game. I was doing decent as Pomerania then it went downhill.

If you are in a tough spot, giving them land helps a ton.

And nice work Arcand as per usual! Did it take you the whole time to conquer that much? The entire new world...that's a ton of territory. I haven't messed around too much with the custom nations, but have always had fun when I did. Good on Paradox to add some achievements for customs.

I tried a Riga game (Terra Mariana achievement)...was so close, but then Brandenburg absorbed the Commonwealth and well that was GG. :laugh: Round two tonight!. The amount of money you can make as Riga if you take trade ideas is absurd.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad