The Europa Universalis IV Thread

May 27, 2012
Earth
Well, I just has one of my best games yet. Still learning though lol.

all
all

rnkF2xK.png

r5SnIhZ.png

all

all

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Been on a bit of an EU4 binge lately, and I recently just realized that Gaeldom, which starts as part of Scotland, has some pretty great national ideas. Among them are +15% shock damage, which is just fantastic, +15% army morale, +10% siege ability, increased attrition for enemies, and some manpower modifiers. It's not quite on the level of Prussia, but it wasn't even all that hard to take over the British Isles pretty quickly. Just invaded Sweden now, and even with their national ideas they can't keep up with mighty Gaeldom.

Worth a try if you feel like play and underdog that turns into a military powerhouse.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Been on a bit of an EU4 binge lately, and I recently just realized that Gaeldom, which starts as part of Scotland, has some pretty great national ideas. Among them are +15% shock damage, which is just fantastic, +15% army morale, +10% siege ability, increased attrition for enemies, and some manpower modifiers. It's not quite on the level of Prussia, but it wasn't even all that hard to take over the British Isles pretty quickly. Just invaded Sweden now, and even with their national ideas they can't keep up with mighty Gaeldom.

Worth a try if you feel like play and underdog that turns into a military powerhouse.
Oh Prussian space marines...

So f***ing OP.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Just saw the weirdest thing in my current playthrough. I'm playing as Riga->Kurland so I didn't have anything to do with this either. Castile got the lowlands in the Burgundian inheritance, minus Brabant and Flanders who had already gained independence. Fast forward a hundred years, and Castile has been wrecked by an Aragon/France alliance, has lost all their land in Iberia, and now only controls the three provinces originally held by Holland, meaning Castile is now an HRE nation. Protestants just won the league war, and they elected Castile as their first Protestant Emperor.

How's that for some alternate history.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Okay, I'm going to resurrect this thread after more than a year for the dumbest reason ever.

A while ago I was playing as a custom nation with Roman culture. At one point I went to hire a new military adviser, and I hired a Commandant named Super Manlias.

I have to keep playing now, just to see if I also get an adviser named Naughtius Maximus, or Biggus Diccus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->