The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Much needed result for Fulham beating Leeds, WBA didn’t take full advantage though only getting a draw against Brentford

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Leeds back on top after a crazy game at Birmingham where they lost three leads. West Brom winless in three now. Leeds go to West Brom on New Year's Day in a massive fixture. Its pretty tight everywhere in the table, down to 13th place (Blackburn) is only three points out while in the bottom half the bottom four are only separated by one point

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Dang Charlie Adam looks like the years have been rough.
skysports-charlie-adam-reading_4880796.jpg

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Guehi or Ampadu

Who do I prefer? It's hard to say no to a 19 year old who already has double digit caps for a decent national team. I really rate Guehi from the little I've seen of him, but this'll be his first experience of senior football and so we'll figure out from there. I've been frustrated by the lack of playing time Ampadu has gotten in Leipzig (I think it was probably over-optimistic of the club to think he'd get good minutes there), but as of right now I think I prefer him. Have to watch them both play more senior football though.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Swansea gearing up for their promotion push. In addition to Guehi and Brewster, they've now brought in Conor Gallagher as well, who was absolutely class in the first half of the season for Charlton.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Seems WBA might be after Mislav Orsic, Dinamo Zagreb winger. Boy's a late bloomer, 27 now, but played himself into the 23-man national team squad, he's been that good (4 goals in the Champions League group stage too).

He'd be among the Championship's best players and they probably want insurance if Diangana is injured or gets recalled by West Ham.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I would love to see Sunderland scrape out a promotion, feels wrong having them so low in the English football world.

As a Portsmouth supporter, they wouldn't be my first choice, ;).

But both Portsmouth and Sunderland are too big for League 1... Championship at least would feel better.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Portsmouth one win away from a second straight trip to Wembley for the EFL Trophy. No team has successfully held the trophy so it'll be interesting to see if they can do it.

Reactions: robertmac43

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
271 days since we last won at home.
Selling anyone worth money.
Youth for the rest of the way
Manager not being spoken to by the Chairman.
No new stadium
No money
Relegated by Christmas

Looking forward to seeing us concede our 100th goal. We're going to break the record for most conceded at home.

Sigh

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Leeds' lead is slipping away.

Time for Bristol to make a push, they have what it takes.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
West Brom back on top after they finally won a league game while Leeds lose at home to Wigan.

In League One Bolton get to double digits, in fact without the points penalty they would be above the relegation zone

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
271 days since we last won at home.
Selling anyone worth money.
Youth for the rest of the way
Manager not being spoken to by the Chairman.
No new stadium
No money
Relegated by Christmas

Looking forward to seeing us concede our 100th goal. We're going to break the record for most conceded at home.

Sigh

Jesus which team is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad