The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Think we got £500k. Brentford will develop him better

Seems a bit low for a 19 year old showing some promise, not sure what his contract situation was like so that may play a part. I think they should've pushed to try to get him back on loan for half a season at least. Doesn't look like they even used his money to strengthen the squad. Brentford does a really good job with kids so it will be very beneficial for him.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Everyone knows about Southend's difficulty so that would have lowered their leverage. Also, even Luke Matheson only went for 1 million pounds so the Shrimpers could have maybe got a bit more, but not too much. Plus, the kid knows Brentford's reputation so he likely "encouraged" Southend to accept the deal.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
West Brom with back to back away wins go 6 points clear as their competitors have been dropping points, mainly Leeds while Fulham dropped points at Millwall. West Brom also have a decent GD advantage as of now. Barnsley and Luton getting cut adrift, almost certain to go down at this point

League One has the most exciting of the promotion races but because of Bury’s expulsion some teams have as many as 2-3 games in hand. Regardless, 1-9 are less than 10 points apart, based on games in hand Rotherham and Coventry look to be in best position

Reactions: Tuggy

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Interesting day in the Championship, Forest scores in injury time to get a point against WBA, Leeds finally win and close the gap but Fulham weren’t able to do so losing 3:0 at home to bottom of the table Barnsley

In fact all the teams in the bottom three picked up points away from home today with Luton beating Boro and Wigan getting a draw at Cardiff. However Barnsley still very much cut adrift from the rest of the pack

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
West Brom with back to back away wins go 6 points clear as their competitors have been dropping points, mainly Leeds while Fulham dropped points at Millwall. West Brom also have a decent GD advantage as of now. Barnsley and Luton getting cut adrift, almost certain to go down at this point

League One has the most exciting of the promotion races but because of Bury’s expulsion some teams have as many as 2-3 games in hand. Regardless, 1-9 are less than 10 points apart, based on games in hand Rotherham and Coventry look to be in best position

League 1 is indeed insane. Going to be a crazy finish.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Both Fulham and Brentford have already dropped points this round, chance for Leeds and WBA to gain on them though West Brom have a tricky game at Bristol who are in the thick of the playoff chase

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Both West Brom and Leeds won, West Brom now have a 9 point lead on third place Fulham while for Leeds it’s 5 points. Still a long way to go, West Brom lost a double digit lead in the table quickly few months ago

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Leeds with a 2 game lead for promotion and won 4 straight. Losing their keeper for most of the regular season can't help though. Leeds/Fulham in a few weeks will be massive.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Leeds go back to the top of the table after beating Huddersfield while WBA played a scoreless draw at Swansea. Overall however not the worst result for WBA as Fulham and Forest both dropped points (Forest losing big at home to Millwall) with only Brentford getting a win, despite their good GD are still 10 points behind West Brom. Fulham-Brentford face each other next week and while there is still plenty of matches to go you feel the loser of that game will see their automatic promotion chances greatly diminish. At the bottom half, massive win for Boro at Charlton who are now in the bottom three. Luton have been playing better, 10 points from their last 15 but shows how poorly they started the season when they are still six points from safety despite this uptick in form

Coventry starting to run away with things in League 1 while in League 2 there is essentially a 5-team race for the top three promotion spots (Crewe, Swindon, Plymouth, Exeter, Cheltenham)

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oxford United have managed to win 5 in a row too to get to 3rd place too. Good for them. Disappointed Sunderland dropped a heartbreaker giving up the tying goal in the 96th minute though. They could've been as high as 3rd in their own right. Crazy to think a team that big has dropped to the 3rd division.

Edit: And perhaps the most amazing thing of all.... Leeds might..... MIGHT not f*** this up. I would love to see them promoted solely just to see them clash with Man U. Not that it's gonna be any contest but I cannot help but wonder if there's any ferocity left in a once great rivalry

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
And perhaps the most amazing thing of all.... Leeds might..... MIGHT not f*** this up. I would love to see them promoted solely just to see them clash with Man U. Not that it's gonna be any contest but I cannot help but wonder if there's any ferocity left in a once great rivalry

I think you're being hard on Manchester United - mediocre as they are these days, let's not simply assume Leeds would beat them.

Reactions: gary69

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think you're being hard on Manchester United - mediocre as they are these days, let's not simply assume Leeds would beat them.

That's exactly how I meant it. I think I probably just did a bad job saying it. Leeds have an absolute hell of a time just winning the average Championship match on many weeks. Winning vs United will be no easy task for them next year even if they secure promotion.

They need years to build a club that could consistently match up vs Man U in their current capacity nevermind times when Man U are the best club in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad