The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Anyone watching Sunderland Till I Die season 2? Just watching episode 4 and it's been good, I like it more than season 1 thus far.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
neither Hellas Verona or Fiorentina are in European spots anyways. Any Serie A team is a downgrade from his Leeds project besides top 4 teams.
Verona is 4 points back with an extra game to play from european footy.

Fio have made Europe on numerous occasions this decade. How in the world is a championship team even close to them?

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Official:

League One & League Two clubs vote to end seasons early - League One & League Two clubs vote to end seasons early

• Promoted: Coventry City (champions), Rotherham United
  • Play-offs: Wycombe Wanderers v Fleetwood Town, Portsmouth v Oxford United (dates tbc)
  • Relegated: Tranmere Rovers, Southend United, Bolton Wanderers
  • Promoted: Swindon Town (champions), Crewe Alexandra, Plymouth Argyle
  • Play-offs: Cheltenham Town v Northampton Town, Exeter City v Colchester United
  • Relegated: Stevenage
The situation at the bottom has been complicated by the Macclesfield charge, however, which relates to late payment of wages in March and for "failing to act with utmost good faith in respect of matters with the EFL and for breaching an order, requirement, direction or instruction of the league".
In a statement, the EFL said "due to ongoing disciplinary matters, the final placings cannot yet be confirmed".

I have mixed feelings as a Portsmouth fan. Our form before the stoppage was great, and I think had the season been played in full we could've gotten up to 2nd.

That being said, we caught a break because had they used weighted PPG we would've been out of the playoffs.

So I'll take it. Though we've never won a playoff game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad