The English Lower League thread (Part 2)

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Leicester lose just now 1-0 to Bristol Cirty. Ipswich can jump them with a win and Leeds can add to their lead at the top

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Leicester promotion push slipping a bit more as they lose 1-0 away against Bristol City. Jamie Vardy had a couple of good chances, but couldn't finish them.

Leicester could be out of the top two by the end of the day, if other challengers win their matches.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Leicester promotion push slipping a bit more as they lose 1-0 away against Bristol City. Jamie Vardy had a couple of good chances, but couldn't finish them.

Leicester could be out of the top two by the end of the day, if other challengers win their matches.

Ipswich with a win and If Leeds get a result, Leicester will be down in 3rd.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Pompey won again on the road on Friday, stretching their lead over 3rd place Bolton to 11 points with 6 to play. Depending on results this week, promotion could be mathematically secured by Saturday evening.

They're still 5 points clear of Derby in 2nd as well, with a game in hand.

10 wins and 13 unbeaten since mid-January.

I really don't want to tempt fate, but gosh...I think I'll be watching a championship football team next year. :)

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Derby and Pompey played to an entertaining 2-2 draw this evening under the lights. A fair result and one both teams will probably take.

Some spectacular goals tonight as well.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Leicester go back to the top of the Championship after beating Birmingham 2-1 with Leeds and Ipswich losing. Ipswich in 2nd a point ahead of Leeds.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wrexham now five points away from clinching promotion after an emphatic win over Crawley Town...they can clinch against bottom of the table Forest Green with a win if other OOT results go their way Saturday.

Reactions: Tuggy

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Leicester are still top (on GD) after losing away to Millwall as both Leeds and Ipswich drew their games 0-0. Leicester still have a game in hand.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Leicester are still top (on GD) after losing away to Millwall as both Leeds and Ipswich drew their games 0-0. Leicester still have a game in hand.

With the report that Leicester has massive losses over the past few years it would suck if they went up at the expense of Ipswich just to then get a point deduction next season. Leeds I don't care as much about because they've spent a ton recently and their books might not be up to par either.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
With the report that Leicester has massive losses over the past few years it would suck if they went up at the expense of Ipswich just to then get a point deduction next season. Leeds I don't care as much about because they've spent a ton recently and their books might not be up to par either.
What does it say about the PL when so many teams toward the bottom are getting dinged on financial irregularities just to try to STAY in the league? Other then misplaced indignation over Man City and all their violations lol

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
With Derby's draw this week, Portsmouth can win the League One title with a win at Bolton on Saturday!

A draw still could get them promoted with a few other things happening.

Reactions: JPBolts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad