The English Lower League thread (Part 2)

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Forest sack Lamouchi and appoint Hughton. Lost the first four games this season and choked a playoff spot last season. Should be getting into the playoffs with the squad they have.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I felt as thought it was about time Hughton was back at the helm of a club with Premier League ambitions. Wishing him the best of luck, always will love him for his time at Brighton.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stray Wasp

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I, too, wish Hughton well. He inherits a team that is in 'win now' mode - none of the three central strikers is under 30, for instance.

One of that trio, Lewis Grabban, scored more than a third of Forest's goals last season, but has yet to get off the mark this time around. So even if Hughton performs his usual trick of tightening up the defence, it'll be a real challenge for him to satisfy Forest's impatient ownership.

At least Hughton can take heart from the apparent lack of any rival likely to run away with the league.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
EFL CEO David Baldwin is resigning, seems there is a fracture in the pyramid. Not a good sign.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Sick Joao Pedro goal for Watford today

I give it a couple of seasons he stays with us before he leaves. Absolute class touches all the time. It is a real shame we did not hold on to Estupinan and Suarez who are also going to become well recognized names in the future but our ownership really mucked things up last season as well as dressing room complacency along with unhappy players like Pereyra and Doucoure.

The Championship is of a pretty poor standard from all the matches I have watched. Cannot see beyond the relegated trio and Brentford contending for promotion. Top of the table clash with those serial divers Bournemouth at lunchtime today. Capoue is back in the fold. Hughes probably next week. Will be a big lift for the midfield. Garner on loan from Salford Reds has played well. Tom Dele-Bashiru bought from Abu Dhabi was beginning to show his quality before his knee injury. A real shame.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Reading with already a comfortable lead at the top of the table winning 7 of their first 8 and remaining unbeaten. Wycombe got their first point with a draw against Watford

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Portsmouth had a really slow start to their League One campaign, leading many fans to call for Jackett to be sacked. He's in the last year of his contract though, and not going anywhere.

In their first 3 games they scored just one goal.

15 goals in the 6 games since, 9 in the last 3. 5-1 record, including a massive 3-1 away win at unbeaten Sunderland. Up to 5th in the table.

It's amazing what switching to a 4-4-2 has done for the club.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Reading remain top but have lost two ina roe and now a handful of teams are within three points of them. Wednesday had their points reduction reduced to 6 so they are in the positive and off the bottom of the table. Derby are now bottom, not sure how long Cocu lasts

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
After their hot start Reading are winless in 5 (though snapped a four game losing streak). Norwich currently top of the table but all very tight still early days. Derby still bottom of the table, not a great start to the Rooney era losing 3:0 to Boro

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Sheffield Wednesdays form has been very alarming since appointing Tony Pulis. Looks like they might lose again today, sad to see from such a big club. 1-0 up in the 60th minute last week he decides to sit all 11 players behind the ball and bring off a striker for another defender, then they go 2-1 down. The Like father like son I guess Mikel.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad