The Elusive Power Forward

corksens

Jul 19, 2005
power forward is guy who can dominate physically. Big hits, dominate the boards, the front of the net, drive the net, and overpower d-men. And put up offensive numbers.

Getzlaf, perry, lucic, landeskog, benn, backes, ladd, hartnell, hanzal, foligno, kreider, kane, iginla, eller
huh?

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
The premise of many proposals is that we give up a bunch of expendable pieces like condra, boroweicki and longshot prospects, and in return we get the most sought after type of player in the league.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
6 turris's? really, I think hes a great player and will be for a long time. But he is still no where near where he has to be to compate against the rough big centers. after the first few altercations he bailed out 50/50 puck challenges in st Louis, and when boston was getting physical on Saturday he was struggling. Stiill has a long ways to go. I hope one day hes a 75 pointer for us

He'll get stronger and unlike the last year or 2, he can win puck battles. So not really a concern. (I didnt watch the blues game, so not sure about that).

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Also hell no to callahan. $7 million for a 40 point player?

I'm not trying to justify those demands, but were under the new CBA now. Getzlaf and Perry who would've been around 7 million average in the last one are now 8.4 or whatever they got.

So you will see some odd numbers this and next summer that make you double check the numbers. I still probably wouldn't give Callahan 5.5-6, but that's about the equivelant.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
I'm not trying to justify those demands, but were under the new CBA now. Getzlaf and Perry who would've been around 7 million average in the last one are now 8.4 or whatever they got.

So you will see some odd numbers this and next summer that make you double check the numbers. I still probably wouldn't give Callahan 5.5-6, but that's about the equivelant.

I wouldn't give him 6. Thats too much money for barely second line production. Do not need an overpaid guy that is a tier above clarkson. Can't be giving out those type of contracts to 40-50 point players.

Callahans last 4 seasons:

223 games 157 points or 57 points, 29 goals in 82 games.

Still not interested at any price above 5 to 5.5 million.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I wouldn't give him 6. Thats too much money for barely second line production. Do not need an overpaid guy that is a tier above clarkson. Can't be giving out those type of contracts to 40-50 point players.

Everything in this post makes me think its 2007.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Everything in this post makes me think its 2007.

Sure same concept different numbers. Still holds true, don't spend unwisely or you'll regret it later on.

If you think its a great idea to overpay for a guy like him, then I can't argue with you. But don't complain about cap management when some of the younger guys get off their elc/bridge deals and walk off/are moved. Just because you gave rich lengthy contracts to a couple of callahan like players.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

Just to play devil's advocate but how many points does B. Ryan get on average and how many points is he on pace to get this year? Would you give B. Ryan 7 million a season. Callahan brings another dimension as well.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Just to play devil's advocate but how many points does B. Ryan get on average and how many points is he on pace to get this year? Would you give B. Ryan 7 million a season. Callahan brings another dimension as well.

On average proabably low 60s. This year he is on pace for 60 maybe a little more. They can pay him 7 million as long as the cap hit is 6.5 mill or under.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad