Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Eichel, good, bad, ugly Sabres vs Sens

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
stat watchers don't like him but he seems to be doing fine he just isn't taking the shots himself. Feels like he's always with Vesey who takes ridiculous bad shot angles except he can't score from anywhere unlike Kane so possession dies regularly when Vesey touches the puck.
He has to be much better than flash every once in a while. He needs to be dangerous regularly. We don't have him to be a bottom 6 two way player

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I missed the Okposo injury. What happened?
I think it's in the GDT somewhere but he came off the bench, and a guy skating up ice caught him in the head. It happened in a flash, and no one(including the ref standing right there) even seemed to notice it happened. He was dropped, shook, and went right down the tunnel. Likely concussion

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Like, when Kyle can remember what day it is? :(
- Ullmark had a lot to do with why the game was close, in a good way. So did the Sabres' lack of finish, in a bad way.
- Scandella just can't operate at this level anymore. Frankly neither could Okposo even before he got clipped.
- Why is Dahlin looking like An y elmore with all these hand grenades?
- Montour was good. Risto was solid. McCabe was hit and miss, or try to hit and miss.
- Rodrigues is nothing more than a sticky note place-holding for someone better.
- Man this team misses Johansson. PP2 is just sad without his entries.
- Sheary had moments of effectiveness.
- Skinner possessions typically end in shot, turnover, or Skinner tries to think and bad things happen.
- Mittelstadt needs extensive 1-on-1 drills. His loss against Colin White in neutral where he had position led to the tying 2nd OTT goal.
- Lazar envies Zemgus' hands.
- Jokiharju's good play/bad play ratio is highest of any Sabre I've watched this year.

- Sure, Eichel got 4... but Derek Grant just got a hat trick, BFD LOL.
Sabres record with Scandella this season is crazy good. Like one regulation loss??

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I do too, but he's not the guy to drive a line. I think he lives off a guy like Eichel, where Sam could help someone else thrive. The real duo might maybe be Jack/Skin; Sam/?
we don't have anyone else, lol

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
we don't have anyone else, lol
We have Mitts and Mojo. Sam might work with one of them, and maybe one of the prospects. Sam does go silent at times, but he seems to have the IQ to elevate his own line. Skindogg spitballs his goals, and that will work great with Jack. I thin k the real issue is how ya fill in the lines after you split them up

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
So, what's the plan if Rasmus Okposo isn't able to play for awhile? Does Rasmus Thompson get the call up from Rochester?
Pull a Scotty Bowman and emergency injury recall rasmus cozens leading the whl in scoring for his 9 games.. Kid was thinking he might make team out of camp til his hitchhiking injury ... C'mon..Doet..

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Just noticed Jack does the pose the 4 year old in the cancer video did when he scored his third. That’s awesome
Post video.. That is cool..
Yea.. Its in sabres

I thought it was jack being jack but i clearly dont know jack..great stuff. And apparently im not bright enough to post link..

Last edited:

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
We have Mitts and Mojo. Sam might work with one of them, and maybe one of the prospects. Sam does go silent at times, but he seems to have the IQ to elevate his own line. Skindogg spitballs his goals, and that will work great with Jack. I thin k the real issue is how ya fill in the lines after you split them up
Ok ok. I'm tired and I gave a lazy response there.

What I've really wanted to see this season is something like this.

Jack/mojo
Skinner/Sam

Mitts is kind of on his own there but if I had to put him with either of those groups it would be skinner/Sam, just because of what he can do with the puck with limited space and time.

I know I've never explicitly stated this before, but Skinner and Jack never really seemed to work how people imagined it would. Jack needs skilled players that know how to play around him, and so does Skinner. Skinner and Jack are also great moving the puck through the neutral zone. Putting them together kind of negates their biggest strengths. You give Skinner a smart net front guy like Reinhart I bet he has a field day out there, but mojo isn't that type of player and neither is jack. Mojo goes with Jack just cause he's smart and responsible defensively, really freeing up jack to wreak total havoc as well as giving him a weakside option for passes that he knows can actually hit the net

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm not ready to say he's good but I do think scandella has played better so far this season

I think he has played just fine when next to Joker. Away from Joker? I get nervous. I don't know what it is about that pairing, but it simply works and brings out the best in Marco.

Granted, Jokiharju has looked good with anyone. It's just notable that he's basically revived Scandella into "maybe he doesn't suck" territory.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
He has to be much better than flash every once in a while. He needs to be dangerous regularly. We don't have him to be a bottom 6 two way player
Its really hard for any player to have a noticeable moment every game when you are stuck on the 4th line and the 2nd PP unit blows. I know Asplund came out with energy but so do a lot of guys in their first game where Casey had 2 assists to start the season but we'll see how the guys continue as it goes its easy to pop in and look good in one game(not trying to take credit away from Asplund hoping he excels in the NHL) but its a lot harder to have that consistency when you don't get that big ice time you don't see any teams with 3rd/4th liners putting up big numbers especially at 20 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad