Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Eichel, good, bad, ugly Sabres vs Sens

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
I believe that is what they call a “body check” around the league. Had to go back and watch the Sabres game in Anaheim to see what it looked like. The ducks players used that technique quite often which seems to coincide with the Sabres downturn.
Finishing their checks will help with success more than people think

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Especially tonight. Can’t let the Hawks free wheel. They are playing much better of late.
Yeah we'll get smoked if we don't engage and play reactionary but on the plus side it seems eichel is driving the net more and cutting to the inside if he keeps shooting like this it'll open up his elite playmaking more.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Did everybody forget that Lazar let Ennis score the 2nd goal? He didn't have decent game at all.

Lazar was one of our worst players last night and the stats back that up (along with the noted Ennis goal).

I don't get the love affair for some with him.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Lazar was one of our worst players last night and the stats back that up (along with the noted Ennis goal).

I don't get the love affair for some with him.

there's more than advanced stats to make a complete team. You NEED players with some toughness. Lazar actually brings some. Don't care if his corsi is not that good

Reactions: TheStorm

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
there's more than advanced stats to make a complete team. You NEED players with some toughness. Lazar actually brings some. Don't care if his corsi is not that good

If his little bit of toughness isn't resulting in positive things (goals, shots, penalties, etc...) it isn't useful.

He was at least partially responsible for a goal against, and his line was caved in most of the night. I just don't see what has made some people so into him from last game.

Yes we need toughness. But not just any grit we can get. We need good players with grit. Not AHLers.

Reactions: Orange Fanta

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
If his little bit of toughness isn't resulting in positive things (goals, shots, penalties, etc...) it isn't useful.

He was at least partially responsible for a goal against, and his line was caved in most of the night. I just don't see what has made some people so into him from last game.

Yes we need toughness. But not just any grit we can get. We need good players with grit. Not AHLers.

the game on Thursday turned around after he laid out a cane in the offensive zone. Their D was more on their heels after that and we took the game over.

Even a few hits will cause the D to rush plays, which can lead to turnovers

Reactions: Orange Fanta

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
the game on Thursday turned around after he laid out a cane in the offensive zone. Their D was more on their heels after that and we took the game over.

Even a few hits will cause the D to rush plays, which can lead to turnovers
Yes and I'd like to add that playing physical is more than big hits its about finishing checks after you commit and not doing a flyby and board play which we suck at we need to win more battles and have better body position we can't keep being soft around the boards and hoping we'll get the puck back some other way. The whole team has to be willing to play the body and play for each other oh and getting an elite winger for eichel would help

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
He's a man and him and his family will make the choice in the end. But Sabres fans always trying to find a alternative way to get rid of that contact under the disguise of caring makes me a bit sick sometimes.
I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I'm not responsible for your personal or any Sabres fan's ulterior motives. Read the article.

EDIT: I neither appreciate insinuations about my motives nor being indirectly adressed as part of an alleged group, but maybe this needs some clarification.

I haven't been vocal about getting rid of Okposo, the reasons being A. he's been a useful player on a well functioning line this season and B. I figured they'd find a way of putting him on LTIR à la Callahan once he was no longer serviceable, anyway.

The truth is, while he is a big boy who can obviously make his own decisions, there've been too many red flags about his health now in order to not be concerned about him, including but not limited to that ICU episode. The feature on Carcillo was pretty eye-opening and, whether you believe it or not, I'm honestly more interested in not having another Montador on our hands than the Sabres cap issues in a couple of years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad