News Article: The Edmonton Rush moving to Saskatoon

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
As if they have the right to use Battle of Alberta exclusively...because it's been anything but a battle in the last 5 years.

This organization gets sillier by the second. Getting really sick and tired of it tbh.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Oh my. There is no BofA in the NHL when one team constantly destroys the other. ****ing Oilers.

I laughed at CTV using clips of the Flames filling the Oilers net though. Right on.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Meh, kinda lame. But they still have it trade marked, and far as my limited legal knowledge comes in, could be penalized under the tort of "passing off" and some statutory laws.

I'm sure the Rush will simply ask for permission and all will be well.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Man, the Oilers are run by some petty people. The BoA hasn't even existed since the early 90s.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I don't get this at all. How wouldn't the Flames or Roughnecks have any say in this?

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Absoltely unbelievable by the Oilers. What a bunch of arrogant a**hats.

The Eskimos & Stamps have been referring to the Battle of Alberta for years before the Oilers were.

Gawd, I hate this organization more every day.

Hope they trademarked "Oilers suck", "Visually better", "6 rings" & "winning" as well. Morons.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Kim Jong Un would be proud.

This is some petty BS. What a pitiful organization. Unreal :shakehead

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
Not their fault Lacrosse is just about the only competitive EDM/CGY sporting event. :dunno:
Although if IIRC, didn't the Rush not ask for permission? I've heard the oilers allowed the slogan to be used for the Esks at times with permission/

Last edited:

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I hope the Rush tell the Oilers to go ---- themselves. There hasn't been a BOF in the NHL for over a decade. Where the hell do they get off thinking they own the term?

is there no limit the gall of these clowns? (answer: duh, of course not. herp derp)

God, this organization makes it easy hate them. I literally hate the men running this team

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
How were they even allowed to trademark a phrase like that? Ridiculous.

chrisj

Mar 7, 2005
Not their fault Lacrosse is just about the only competitive EDM/CGY sporting event. :dunno:
Although if IIRC, didn't the Rush not ask for permission? I've heard the oilers allowed the slogan to be used for the Esks at times with permission/

I think that's it - the Oilers said they would let them use it if asked. I think the Oilers just want to protect what they consider their "property" (although I do agree - it is a bit silly).

If you just let someone use it without permission you'd forfit any right to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad