GDT: The Edmonton Oilers visit your Toronto Maple Leafs for HNIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Apparently Barrie would be the best dman on our team. Lol. Gotta love the HF mains.

Good for Barrie that he’s been the most effective defenseman Edmonton has had at leeching off of McDavid and Draisaitl but man is his play being drastically over-stated.

Let's Calm Down About Tyson Barrie

EF3F9AC2-36C7-4673-AC0C-BA50EEF5B254.jpeg

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I don't care if Barrie could score 50-60 pts, that guy can't play a lick of defense and Colorado was happy to move him. f*** that guy

I think the oilers are ok with him just being an offensive weapon for them ... Dubas has since learned you cant win with just offence

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Tippet says no matter where you are in the NHL you like coming to play in Toronto. Explains why we see the best of so many teams.

Reactions: zeke

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Me? I was a pro for a few years. Didn't listen to too many people, cause not many people inspire me.

Would I listen to Mike Babcock? Probably for a bit, he sure came in with a lot of confidence, and organization.

Would I listen to Roger Neilson? Probably, a lot. A real lot.

Would I listen to Joe Brophy? Maybe, if I was hanging on, in the AHL, ya, I would. NHL, cannot say.

Would I listen to Pat Quinn, I have asked two friends of mine, Darce and Shay. they seemed to like him a lot.

But me, would I listen to him? I guess so. He seemed to respect, what playing and being, in the NHL was all about. NHLers like that.

Every NHLer cept the top four picks every year, know what a meat grinder the NHL life is.

Would I respond to Sheldon Keefe?

That is the question I ask right now Seems like a cool guy, got the young face, coupled with the cool shade of grey.

But does he have "it". I will lean towards. He doesn't KNOW, if he has it, and the players feel that.

He never made a mark on the NHL as a player, and that ultimately, comes at question for every NHL player, when they confront a coach.

So accordingly, can he match that with toughness, like Pat Burns did so expertly, for us, in 93?

I dunno.

To me, Toronto, has had one great coach, in the time I have watched them. Pat Burns.

Sheldon Keefe? I dunno. Certainly seems smart, cool. Kinda jet set handsome, although he seems to have put on at least 20 lbs in the last two years.

Can this guy, guide this very, very talented team, to a CUP? I will say YES, HA. YES HE CAN. He is vulnerable and I think the players like that. They feel comfortable with him.

Nothing guaranteed, but he is the first coach since Burns, I really like, I feel certain the players feel the same way. So HOO YA, Campbell, Keefe, Mitch, Matthews, Brodie. lets go get em

are you okay?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not gonna lie, this game scares me bit as it's McDavid's 1st game here on a Saturday night. I think we can count on him playing his heart out, wouldn't be shocked at all to see him have a huge night. Everyone better be ready for this one (especially Campbell), not much else to say.

Reactions: Carltons Cup

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Not gonna lie, this game scares me bit as it's McDavid's 1st game here on a Saturday night. I think we can count on him playing his heart out, wouldn't be shocked at all to see him have a huge night. Everyone better be ready for this one (especially Campbell), not much else to say.
Add in how well he was as shutdown last game and he'll be ready, no doubt.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
Sheldon Keefe has us as a 100+ point team the entire time he is here and people ask if he can coach?
Yeah he’s a great coach, not sure why he’s speaking on the players behalf too in saying they sense him being unsure - or whatever he was getting at. He probably should have listened to his coaches though, probably would have lasted more than a few days as a “pro”

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Just want I wanted. To be even more depressed before the game. Nice feature Sportsnet...

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Just want I wanted. To be even more depressed before the game. Nice feature Sportsnet...

Its got heart, but it aint in the right place. How the lead up to a Saturday night game isnt in depth and expert analysis completely amazes me.

Third rate. Tertiary, even.

Reactions: forecheck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad