GDT: The Edmonton Oilers visit your Toronto Maple Leafs for HNIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rondo Hatton

Dec 20, 2013
These guys need another humbling. Seen too many Oil fans talk big of late.

Back in the eighties I would say the Oilers fans are just the Hab fans of the west. I've seen nothing since then that disproves my opinion from decades gone. If anything, they're worse - the free flowing misogyny and homophobia over on Edmonton's board is not something I see on the Habs board

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Back in the eighties I would say the Oilers fans are just the Hab fans of the west. I've seen nothing since then that disproves my opinion from decades gone. If anything, they're worse - the free flowing misogyny and homophobia over on Edmonton's board is not something I see on the Habs board
I respect the Habs more as a rival, cause you know, we have an actual historical rivalry. Oilers are a fart in the wind when it comes to which teams I actually think about when I think of biggest rivals or most hated. I wouldn't even care about them if I wasn't exposed to their moronic fans on this website and social media. Them and Vancouver fans' obsession with us is quite strange.

Reactions: CanadasTeam

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Only because they're GDT calls us the center of the universe can we change our gdt title to center of the universe versus some place called Edmonton I'm sure that would go over very well

Should be a good game I think the boys are going to be up for this one

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Don't like Gally on the 4th line, I thought he played well enough to keep his spot in the top6. They didn't bury their chances, but he was dangerous every shift.
It’s a promotion. He gets to play with the Leaf’s best forward. :sarcasm:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Only because they're GDT calls us the center of the universe can we change our gdt title to center of the universe versus some place called Edmonton I'm sure that would go over very well

Should be a good game I think the boys are going to be up for this one
We are like astronauts to tiny moon people to the Edmonton Oilers

Reactions: 13MatsSundin

SnizzMitch

Leafs Fan Till I Die
Jan 30, 2016
Eastern, Ontario
If you guys wanna have a laugh, go read their gdt or their around the league thread on a night where we play lmao. I have actually never seen a fanbase that much obsessed with us. What’s even more hilarious is that we don’t give a single shit about their team. Talk about little brother syndrome.

Reactions: leafsfan5

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
I don't get the lack of criticism on Keefe. How can Thornton be anywhere near the top six on this team? In my opinion Hyman should be with Matthews and Marner every game regardless of Matthews and Marners production. I honestly wouldn't have Thorton in my lineup because of his lack of speed and the fact that hes a turnover machine because of his lake of pace. I appreciate him coming here but hes not up to snuff.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I'll criticize Keefe for spreading out the PP units. When Matthews is only getting half the available PP time, that's stupid. He's gone full Babcock lately on that front.

TiMo15

Nov 8, 2008
At least our 4th line isn't a typical 4th line. All three have speed and skills. Spezza doesn't miss a step, he can shoot, Gally plays physical with a lot of speed and Kerfoot isn't really a 4th line centre but have to put him in that position. However, still cannot find a reason why Thornton on the first line.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Hoping for an entertaining and competitive mini-series.

Expecting Oilers to come out firing, I think we should play this game like a road game and just win the 1st one.

That will really take it out of them and then we can go for the jugular in Game 2.

Optimistic about series considering how last one went. Intrigued to see how Engvall, Mikheyev, Hyman show after their dominance last series.

Let's go Leafs!

Now folks, some great moments from last series.

Screenshot_20210304-144640_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210303-234930_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210301-034830_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-220059_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: willmma

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Me? I was a pro for a few years. Didn't listen to too many people, cause not many people inspire me.

Would I listen to Mike Babcock? Probably for a bit, he sure came in with a lot of confidence, and organization.

Would I listen to Roger Neilson? Probably, a lot. A real lot.

Would I listen to Joe Brophy? Maybe, if I was hanging on, in the AHL, ya, I would. NHL, cannot say.

Would I listen to Pat Quinn, I have asked two friends of mine, Darce and Shay. they seemed to like him a lot.

But me, would I listen to him? I guess so. He seemed to respect, what playing and being, in the NHL was all about. NHLers like that.

Every NHLer cept the top four picks every year, know what a meat grinder the NHL life is.

Would I respond to Sheldon Keefe?

That is the question I ask right now Seems like a cool guy, got the young face, coupled with the cool shade of grey.

But does he have "it". I will lean towards. He doesn't KNOW, if he has it, and the players feel that.

He never made a mark on the NHL as a player, and that ultimately, comes at question for every NHL player, when they confront a coach.

So accordingly, can he match that with toughness, like Pat Burns did so expertly, for us, in 93?

I dunno.

To me, Toronto, has had one great coach, in the time I have watched them. Pat Burns.

Sheldon Keefe? I dunno. Certainly seems smart, cool. Kinda jet set handsome, although he seems to have put on at least 20 lbs in the last two years.

Can this guy, guide this very, very talented team, to a CUP? I will say YES, HA. YES HE CAN. He is vulnerable and I think the players like that. They feel comfortable with him.

Nothing guaranteed, but he is the first coach since Burns, I really like, I feel certain the players feel the same way. So HOO YA, Campbell, Keefe, Mitch, Matthews, Brodie. lets go get em

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

I noticed that too and I agree. They're the worst kind and deserves infraction. I don't see how they allow those posts on their board.

I'd be ashamed if I were an Oilers fan.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I like Simmonds but I think Keefe is kind of in a hard spot because Hyman belongs in the top 6 but breaking up that 3rd line again would be a mistake. So he's gotta improvise with the other 3 lines and I do think switching Gally up makes the 4th line more dynamic, but at the same time Wayne makes that second line a little bit slower.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I noticed it too. They're the worst kind and deserves infraction. I don't see how they allow those posts on their board.

I'd be ashamed if I were an Oilers fan.

dont be so sensitive, and Leaf fans are just as bad and dumb as any other fan base

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Matthews line needs to come through tonight and Keefe’s line blending will be fun to watch again. Kassian playing third line so watching to see if he starts running around.
Simmonds will have a chat or 2. Can't see that being an issue.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad