The dysfunctional Leafs thread

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
this team will barely make the playoffs the next 5 years...

or barely miss them, along with a capped out team and no picks and prospects

then we will have to blow it up and start over

how about we fire the gm now and rebuild properly now? and this time don't trade away 2nd overall to start the rebuild

Durkin67

Lack of mental toughness and game readiness. They are clearly capable of a great game, but incapable of game-greatness.

They just dont hate losing enough to be winners.

BudMaster17

Gap Inspector
Feb 12, 2008
Toronto
We are a number 1c, a number 1 and 2 dman, a captain and a few two-way top 9 forwards away from being a playoff contender..... Oh yeah and a coach

Getter done Nonis

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
That's what it's been like for the last 10 years, they usually are the best team to miss the playoffs or the worst to make it. They haven't been the worse team in the NHL in my lifetime and I'm 47 and they haven't been the best since 67.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
We are a number 1c, a number 1 and 2 dman, a captain and a few two-way top 9 forwards away from being a playoff contender..... Oh yeah and a coach

Getter done Nonis

Usually get a number 1 centre through draft, currently we have no good prospects that are looking like a number one centre, so lets say about 5 years at least for that unless somehow we get McDavid/Eichel. You need assets to get a number 1 and 2 dman, something that the Leafs don't really have. We MAY have a few top 9 forwards from the Marlies, but the great Clarkson will always be in one of those spots even though hes really a 4th liner.

This team was lucky to make the playoffs last year, if it was a full season I don't believe they would have made it just like this year. Theres some good drafts coming up, I wouldnt even be mad if they fired all of management, brought in all new people, and stripped this team bare and finally did a ****in proper rebuild. What bright spots do we have to look forward to in the future? We have none. Were not even close to a contender with this team, we don't have any good prospects that will help us. We have ****in Clarkson for 6 more years. Fire all of management and finally do a proper rebuild. I hate Burke for his "accelerated rebuild". It has really left us in a great spot.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
It would make sense to have a good coach before we start evaluating the players. To me Carlyle is making every player look worse than he is.

Bernier is not looking at that good, but I think he should win Vezina this year.
Phaneuf is not looking good, because he starts in the defensive zone and plays with McClement.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
That's what it's been like for the last 10 years, they usually are the best team to miss the playoffs or the worst to make it. They haven't been the worse team in the NHL in my lifetime and I'm 47 and they haven't been the best since 67.

Well that's not entirely true. The Leafs finished dead last in the 84-85 season which netted us Wendel Clark in the draft, but I get your point.

BudMaster17

Gap Inspector
Feb 12, 2008
Toronto
It would make sense to have a good coach before we start evaluating the players. To me Carlyle is making every player look worse than he is.

Bernier is not looking at that good, but I think he should win Vezina this year.
Phaneuf is not looking good, because he starts in the defensive zone and plays with McClement.

I think Carlyle is making Bernier look great....

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I didn't get to see the last two games :(

But I heard talk of Kessel yelling at Phaneuf to "shut the **** up" or something?

Are there legs to that?

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006

But I heard talk of Kessel yelling at Phaneuf to "shut the **** up" or something?

Are there legs to that?

I missed parts of both games and didn't see anything, anyone else? Now I'm curious.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto

Are there legs to that?

I guess it might have happened....lots of lip-readers around here. But I'm not that concerned....just shows some life, some caring which we frankly need more of. Phaneuf is a big enough boy to be called out by a team-mate...if in fact it did happen.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
I too worry that the 8 million dollar attitude might get to Kessel's head, I don't like the idea of him being a self righteous ***** on the ice.

I don't like how we are only playing one kid, Rielly. There's so much untapped AHL talent. Scratch Clarkson and win.

Kyle Doobas*

Are there legs to that?
rbmnoh.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad