OT: The Dynamite Kid passes away

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
He portrays himself as a humble individual but he's far far farrrrrrrrrrr from it. Also, he's not exactly an angel despite how he conducts himself in front of cameras
I believe of all the Hart foundation/dynasty, only Owen was the most down to earth "real" one.

Too many other wrestlers and too many stories would get out if he was as bad as you say he is. Having a big ego and being a jerk is not the worst thing to be. There was some horrible characters in the WWE and WCW. Most of those stories have come out and none of them were safe from scrutiny from their former coworkers. As an example Jimmy Snuka was a murderer, it was proven by the way so you can't claim false allegations and delete this post, he did the whole i am too old to face trail tactic.

I will take someone being a jerk over the other stories you hear about the other guys.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Great wrestler.

Extremely ****ty human being.

and I think it's classless to use a tribute thread about someone's death to bash them. (i'm pointing at you)

true or not.

loved davyboy and dynamite kid.
also loved Honky Tonk wayne and Rotten Ron Starr.
the cuban assassin and Gama Singh, the great gama.

in my older years, loved the Karachi vice.

the golden years of wrestling for me.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
and I think it's classless to use a tribute thread about someone's death to bash them. (i'm pointing at you)

true or not.

Wrestling died when the attitude about body type and size was overemphasized and personality and charisma were not enough. Kevin Nash who was one of the bosses at the WCW at the time admired the wrestling ability of some of the smaller guys but said they will never do well because they are midgets(paraphrasing)

I would much rather watch someone like Eddie Guerro, Chris Jericho, etc then someone like Nash who was ok on the mic but had the same basic 5 moves and would constantly get injured cause he was lazy. His matches were boring, he was a terrible wrestler.

Anyways, r.i.p Dynamite kid. This is no time to talk about the person's character. Unless you were proven to be guilty of some heinous crime, a little respect is appropriate during this time.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well, with Mick's physique I'm pretty confident that he avoided the steroids. I'm sure that plays a substantial part in it.

Man, I haven't watched wrestling since the early 2000's but during the attitude era (basically my junior high years) I lived and breathed it. It was a truly magical time, having WWF and WCW trying to one-up each other. It's just too bad there isn't that kind of competition anymore.
Maybe, but that guy probably took more hits to the head in a year than the whole NHL combined.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He portrays himself as a humble individual but he's far far farrrrrrrrrrr from it. Also, he's not exactly an angel despite how he conducts himself in front of cameras
I believe of all the Hart foundation/dynasty, only Owen was the most down to earth "real" one.
Him and Flair are both guys that were pieces of shit to others if they weren't from a wrestling background. They didn't like guys that got in because of their looks.

Oddly enough they hated each other for quite some time

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV

true or not.

You can point at me all you want, Gord. Nobody dies without leaving a legacy and it ain't always good.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
You can point at me all you want, Gord. Nobody dies without leaving a legacy and it ain't always good.

Unless they hurt other people and you have proof there is no reason to bring up a person's faults during their death.

Its called respect. Nobody is perfect and we all have our flaws, just say rest in peace and let that be it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wrestling died when the attitude about body type and size was overemphasized and personality and charisma were not enough. Kevin Nash who was one of the bosses at the WCW at the time admired the wrestling ability of some of the smaller guys but said they will never do well because they are midgets(paraphrasing)

I would much rather watch someone like Eddie Guerro, Chris Jericho, etc then someone like Nash who was ok on the mic but had the same basic 5 moves and would constantly get injured cause he was lazy. His matches were boring, he was a terrible wrestler.

Anyways, r.i.p Dynamite kid. This is no time to talk about the person's character. Unless you were proven to be guilty of some heinous crime, a little respect is appropriate during this time.
Then wrestling died in the 80's when Hogan started to take over. The whole 80's and early 90's was either about big guys with muscles or big fat guys. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels were really the change to that in the WWF world

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Unless they hurt other people and you have proof there is no reason to bring up a person's faults during their death.

Its called respect. Nobody is perfect and we all have our flaws, just say rest in peace and let that be it.
Dude he pointed a shotgun at his wifes chin, albeit unloaded. He was a sack of shit.

ugDmNKw.jpg

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Then wrestling died in the 80's when Hogan started to take over. The whole 80's and early 90's was either about big guys with muscles or big fat guys. Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels were really the change to that in the WWF world

The Roid era died in the early 90's because of the big media attention and the trial that happened. They started showcasing less body builders and more interesting characters. Besides the guys that weren't that big were always better anyways. Guys like Jake the Snake, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, The Rock(before he become a hulking roid giant) I am sure i am missing many on the list. Don't get me wrong there were still your Scott Steiner's and Buff Bagwell's but there were way fewer of them after the trail.

They tried to pretend they were going healthy and ditching the roids. The scandal almost killed the WWF at the time but also saved it because they got people with actual charisma and not just man boobies.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Ok, i take it back.
Let's not forget about that Bret Hart wrote in his book that Dynamite's wife and children came to his house panicked after another fit of rage, during which Dynamite threatened to kill them and Bret's family as well.

Read Dynamites book, Bret's book, and Bulldog's wifes book. He was a horrendous, abusive sack of shit and I don't give a f*** what his 50 year old fanboys think.

I wish Ray Rougeau would have clocked him harder when he had that roll of coins in his fist.

edit: He also f***ed with Matilda the bulldog. Fed her laxatives, injected her with steroids, amongst other things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peanut Butter

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Let's not forget about that Bret Hart wrote in his book that Dynamite's wife and children came to his house panicked after another fit of rage, during which Dynamite threatened to kill them and Bret's family as well.

Read Dynamites book, Bret's book, and Bulldog's wifes book. He was a horrendous, abusive sack of **** and I don't give a **** what his 50 year old fanboys think.

I wish Ray Rougeau would have clocked him harder when he had that roll of coins in his fist.

edit: He also ****ed with Matilda the bulldog. Fed her laxatives, injected her with steroids, amongst other things.

Damn, and i thought Davey Boy was the scum bag of that family.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Damn, and i thought Davey Boy was the scum bag of that family.
Let's not forget when he dislocated Mick Foleys jaw in his first match with a clothesline, just because he felt like it.

t9yfhjdxp9a01.gif

Then there is the story of him breaking his niece's kneecaps with a mallet so her dad could collect more insurance money.

To be honest, it's probably for the best that he was confined to a wheelchair for the last 20 years, otherwise he probably would have pulled a Benoit before the actual Benoit did.

Reactions: frag2

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Read Dynamites book, Bret's book, and Bulldog's wifes book. He was a horrendous, abusive sack of **** and I don't give a **** what his 50 year old fanboys think.

edit: He also ****ed with Matilda the bulldog. Fed her laxatives, injected her with steroids, amongst other things.
Yet Bret seems to respect Dynamite so much

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I can’t remember what VHS cassette it was, but there was some tournament held in the 80s (way before king of the ring) and there was a match between Dynamite and Macho Man that was an absolute gem to see. Both men hit some awesome high spots, and if I remember correctly Dynamite lost when he superplexed Macho off the top rope but some how Randy rolled him up on impact.

And I get that some people think you shouldn’t crap on people once they die. But if you’re a hero for twenty minutes in the ring and a right royal prick for the other 23 plus hours in a day, more often than not that’s what’s going to be focused on once you go.

Reactions: frag2 and Coffey

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Yet Bret seems to respect Dynamite so much

I think Bret respected how good in the ring Dynamite was. He mentions in his book what a scumbag person he was, but he seems to prefer to keep the two personalities separate.

He was a supreme talent in the ring, but the things he did outside of it are hard to ignore.

Reactions: Coffey
Oct 15, 2008
Too many other wrestlers and too many stories would get out if he was as bad as you say he is. Having a big ego and being a jerk is not the worst thing to be. There was some horrible characters in the WWE and WCW. Most of those stories have come out and none of them were safe from scrutiny from their former coworkers. As an example Jimmy Snuka was a murderer, it was proven by the way so you can't claim false allegations and delete this post, he did the whole i am too old to face trail tactic.

I will take someone being a jerk over the other stories you hear about the other guys.

He was charged but charges were dismissed, so it would seem your comment is not accurate.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Watched Stampede Wrestling in the early 80s. Was a fan of Bruce Hart at the time. He and Dynamite Kid had some epic matches. I hated Dynamite Kid since I was rooting for Bruce. As I got older, I really liked DK. R.I.P.

Oct 15, 2008

true or not.

Mahlon Singh
Mr. Foley
Duke Myers
David Schultz

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

I never met the man and I also never used him as a role model , not that he was he expected to be one.

you think he was a horrible person. fine. I believe he was.
but there is a time and place for those comments.

I don't think standing up at the funeral to throw shade is the time.

this isn't the dynamite kid was a jerk thread. but one to mark the passing of someone who we enjoyed watching and gave us tons of entertainment.

I respected his career and thought people would like to reminisce about the old days of dynamite kid and wrestling.
heck. when I first started watching him, I still thought it was all real. stampede wrestling and early WWF holds a fond place in my memories.

rant over.

in the mid 80's the only two wrestlers I actually met were from the rebirth of stampede. Owen hart and Mike Shaw (Makhan Singh).
the rest were just people on TV.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I never met the man and I also never used him as a role model , not that he was he expected to be one.

you think he was a horrible person. fine. maybe he was.
but there is a time and place for those comments.
I don't think standing up at the funeral to throw shade is the time.

this isn't the dynamite kid was a jerk thread. but one to mark the passing of someone who we enjoyed watching and gave us tons of entertainment.

I respected his career and thought people would like to reminisce about the old days of dynamite kid and wrestling.
heck. when I first started watching him, I still thought it was all real. stampede wrestling and early WWF holds a fond place in my memories.

rant over.

in the mid 80's the only two wrestlers I actually met were from the rebirth of stampede. Owen hart and Mike Shaw (Makhan Singh).
This is a public hockey forum, Gord. Not a funeral.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta

I met Owen only once. I asked him to sign my issue of Pro Wrestling Illustrated that featured him as rookie of the year. He was as humble, sincere and genuine as any person I've met in my lifetime.

Bulldog Bob Brown spit on my friend and I once while we were heckling him during a match. Not the best wrestler in the world, but damn could he make a crowd turn nasty.

Reactions: frag2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad