Rumor: The Dubois Conundrum -- Part 4 -- Search for the highest bidder

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well we can’t compete with the value of Laine. That’s a great get for a disgruntled player.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The only logical players to deal are Drouin, Danault and Byron to fit under the cap. Cap and future wise, acquiring PLD doesn't make sense for the Habs right now unless off course they want another french speaking scapegoat.

MB already got burned with Drouin who was supposed to lead the Habs to greatness and negotiations with Danault have been difficult. It seems that all french speakers in this province believe PLD is the next Lafleur.

If MB trades away either one of Romanov, Suzuki, KK or Caufield, he deserves to be canned. Even adding another D prospect like Guhle into the mix would be a step backwards.

All first round picks from 2006 to 2017 have either busted, been traded or lost to waivers. Even before Carey Price, the 90s and early 2000s have been awful. The Habs have been unable to develop their prospects and keep them for long. So why deplete the farm when prospects like Romanov, KK, Evans and Caufield are showing signs of a turnaround?
Nobody think KK + Tatar for Dubois isn't faisable?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
We had nothing to compete with that.

Which is perfectly fine. Glad the PLD talks are done for at least two years.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Oh thank god! Thank you Winnipeg, I'd like to thank my dog too for sleeping with me as Bergevin says get a dog if you want loyalty.. jokes aside Winnipeg overpaid hahahahaha

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Drouin stays....

giphy.gif

:sarcasm:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Never have I ever pretended to be an expert. Perhaps you weren’t here for the many years of the overbearing, never right but always argumentative McCagg? He posted here a ton, and always ended things off by claiming he was a scout so he was right. Then he rode off into the sunset with Brian Wilde to form a super website and hasn’t been back. And like I said, he was right once in awhile, but it was rare, and even a blind dog will find a bone. Once in awhile.
yes i was there and i think that his reputation was really tarnished by a HF member i won't name. I know that one off season he was very high on a suspect prospect, that never delivered , but he hasn't been that bad or wrong. And yes, sometime, he was right talking about wanna be scouts of this forum, that think they are better then real scouts by looking highlights on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad