Rumor: The Dubois Conundrum -- Part 4 -- Search for the highest bidder

Status
Not open for further replies.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
We're at salary cap limit (less than 1 mil).

PLD earns 5 mil

KK is at 3.4 mil,
that leaves 1.6 mil to cover.

Tatar is at 4.8 - UFA
Drouin 5.5 - 3 years
Danault 3.0 - UFA
Byron 3.4 - 3 years
Armia 2.6 - UFA
Lehkonen 2.4 - RFA

Anderson, Toffoli and Gallagher are untradeable

Dubois best time to trade for him is in offseason
The only logical players to deal are Drouin, Danault and Byron to fit under the cap. Cap and future wise, acquiring PLD doesn't make sense for the Habs right now unless off course they want another french speaking scapegoat.

MB already got burned with Drouin who was supposed to lead the Habs to greatness and negotiations with Danault have been difficult. It seems that all french speakers in this province believe PLD is the next Lafleur.

If MB trades away either one of Romanov, Suzuki, KK or Caufield, he deserves to be canned. Even adding another D prospect like Guhle into the mix would be a step backwards.

All first round picks from 2006 to 2017 have either busted, been traded or lost to waivers. Even before Carey Price, the 90s and early 2000s have been awful. The Habs have been unable to develop their prospects or keep them for long. So why deplete the farm when prospects like Romanov, KK, Evans and Caufield are showing signs of a turnaround?

Reactions: llamateizer

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
on 82 game his production was a 57 pts season or if you want to add the 10 games of the playoff he is at 59 pts
context is important here . The guy was only 20-21 , was facing best opposite line, had a very poor team that was decimated by injuries. Nyquist, Werenski , Bjorkstrand (only played 49 games), Nick Foligno, ...what was he supposed to do ? 90 points ?

Do you think that KK will put that kind of numbers this season ?

Reactions: Vachon23

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
so travel time + 14 days quarantine (country change)

WPG (OTT, EDM 2x, VAN, CGY 3x) - 7 games
CBJ (TBL, FLA 2x, CHI 2x, DAL 2x) - 7 games

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I'm perfectly fine with this.Dubois had the potential to be uninspired and mopey.Especially in a market like Montreal We can let our own guys develop even more more.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Maybe but it was the perfect year too try to win and now he’s going to help a team in our division

Of course is sucks not to get him, though I never felt we had a chance. Sucks more he’s going to Winnipeg also. However, while season is young, so far I am completely comfortable with our 4 centers. Could PLD put us over the top? Maybe, but I think short and long term, we’ll be ok.

Reactions: ArsHabs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad