TSN: The Drouin Saga Part II - "How You Drouin?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is ;) :sarcasm:

Yes I am and so are you.

Time will tell who's right but I maintain the risk is worth taking when you look at the potential reward.

When he breaks out and start racking up the points and highlight reels, then you tell me it would not have been a good deal to make when we could still afford it ;)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We are not getting Drouin, imagine if you were Yzerman and you had a comparable offer from an eastern team vs a western team? Which one do you take? I am taking the west all day long because he does not hurt you unless you make the finals and it is a better move for his franchise. The only way he comes here or any eastern team is if there is a significant over payment and that can be a home run or a disaster.

CrewkHead

Oct 25, 2006
We are not getting Drouin, imagine if you were Yzerman and you had a comparable offer from an eastern team vs a western team? Which one do you take? I am taking the west all day long because he does not hurt you unless you make the finals and it is a better move for his franchise. The only way he comes here or any eastern team is if there is a significant over payment and that can be a home run or a disaster.

Agree. The guy is going west big time. The Gm has no guts to let go talent for talent and Drouin cant grind.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007

You are right. You can always involve a third team from thenWestern Conference to help you reach your objective though.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
For a prospect that isn't named McDavid? Gut the team for a little talented forward?

Eller - spare part
Hudon - interesting prospect
Tinordi - spare part
1st - interesting pick
2nd - nice to have

Too much quantity if you ask me but nothing so special that you should absolutely hold on to in the event this was the asking price for Drouin. Would you do that deal for Kuznetsov?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I wonder if Drouin would have the same value if he was a Hab, MT misused him and he asked out.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Yes I am and so are you.

Time will tell who's right but I maintain the risk is worth taking when you look at the potential reward.

When he breaks out and start racking up the points and highlight reels, then you tell me it would not have been a good deal to make when we could still afford it ;)

Ditto for McCarron and Beaulieu, my friend.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I wonder if Drouin would have the same value if he was a Hab, MT misused him and he asked out.

The problem I have with the Drouin situation has more to do with the way he has handled the situation than anything that Tampa has done. If you look at Galchenyuk, drafted at center but bounced from wing to center and back and consistently playing lesser minutes than players with much talent than he but yet he keeps quiet and keeps doing the best with what he has been given. He has produced at this level and continues to develop a solid 2 way game that will serve him well once he hits his prime in the next 2 years.

I do not agree with MT and the way he handles him but I do applaud the maturity of Galchenyuk to keep getting better despite his caveman coach and say nothing in the media or through his agent.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yzerman would prefer to move Drouin out West. Not surprising.

With Shattenkirk being available, maybe Tampa looks at St. Louis as an option and rolls with:

Hedman-Stralman
Garrison-Shattenkirk
Nesterov-Coburn
Sustr

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Yzerman would prefer to move Drouin out West. Not surprising.

With Shattenkirk being available, maybe Tampa looks at St. Louis as an option and rolls with:

Hedman-Stralman
Garrison-Shattenkirk
Nesterov-Coburn
Sustr

One more year of Shattenkirk for Drouin is pretty risky, imo. They could sign him obviously, but he's going probably cost more than the 4.25M he's making now with the points he's been putting up.

I don't know. It makes sense, but I think Fabbri makes more sense for them.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
One more year of Shattenkirk for Drouin is pretty risky, imo. They could sign him obviously, but he's going probably cost more than the 4.25M he's making now with the points he's been putting up.

I don't know. It makes sense, but I think Fabbri makes more sense for them.

Coburn's contract comes off the books this summer, I believe.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

I think they're trying to save money to sign Stamkos though. Trading for Shattenkirk would basically seal his fate or leaving in my eyes. I could be wrong though. Shattenkirk is going to probably get close to 6 you would think.

Then you have RFA's:

Kutcherov
Brown
Namestikov
Nesterov

It will be tight if they do that, unless of course they don't plan on signing Stamkos (lol if true), then they're fine. However, with the lack of success this year it won't take long for that barn to empty out and it's not like they're a rich team to begin with.

Malreg

May 12, 2011
Obviously they would prefer to deal him out west, but times have changed. This isn't like the old NHL with 4 team divisions that you play 6-8 times a year. There's 8 teams in the division now. If a GM wants to instantly remove almost 1/3 of the teams in the league as potential destinations then he is just shooting himself in the foot.

You take the best deal period.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

I think they're trying to save money to sign Stamkos though. Trading for Shattenkirk would basically seal his fate or leaving in my eyes. I could be wrong though. Shattenkirk is going to probably get close to 6 you would think.

Then you have RFA's:

Kutcherov
Brown
Namestikov
Nesterov

It will be tight if they do that, unless of course they don't plan on signing Stamkos (lol if true), then they're fine. However, with the lack of success this year it won't take long for that barn to empty out and it's not like they're a rich team to begin with.

...You guys forgot what's arguably the worst contract in the league :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Obviously they would prefer to deal him out west, but times have changed. This isn't like the old NHL with 4 team divisions that you play 6-8 times a year. There's 8 teams in the division now. If a GM wants to instantly remove almost 1/3 of the teams in the league as potential destinations then he is just shooting himself in the foot.

You take the best deal period.

That's a defensible statement, when you consider that most GMs have stated how difficult it is to make dollar for dollar trades regardless of your trading counterpart.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Eller - spare part
Hudon - interesting prospect
Tinordi - spare part
1st - interesting pick
2nd - nice to have

Too much quantity if you ask me but nothing so special that you should absolutely hold on to in the event this was the asking price for Drouin. Would you do that deal for Kuznetsov?

To summarize what you're saying.... To get the new Iphone 7, you're ready to give up: a iphone 6, an xbox one, a 40in flat screen and a brand new laptop. That seems right no?

Honestly a 1st and a prospect (not Hudon) is more than enough.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Make sure you get the best player in the deal... Give enough picks and prospects to attain critical mass. If we want Drouin or a valuable forward we need to pay the price... Our current Top-6 situation is a constant reminder that if we pay peanuts, we get monkeys.:monkey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad