The Draft

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Leading into this draft it was all talk about how it was so hard to scout due to Covid, been projected to be a terrible draft, and now we’ve got a room full of experts all of a sudden. It’s just funny.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
You posted the wrong one. Since vingan was the whipping boy earlier I thought you might appreciate this one (assuming it’s not already deleted):

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
No, I have not liked our CHL scouting for a while.

Wasting a first round pick on a problem child from the Q, which is not on par with the OHL or WHL, is a scouting and GM problem.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Leading into this draft it was all talk about how it was so hard to scout due to Covid, been projected to be a terrible draft, and now we’ve got a room full of experts all of a sudden. It’s just funny.

It's more, he takes 1-2 of the same profile player every year, and frankly, they have all basically sucked and/or not made the NHL.

With that said, this prospect has grit plus skill. Not sure what to make of him. This could be a really good selection. It could be a reach. I'm pulling for him. Power forwards are HARD to find. Sometimes, you have to take your shot.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Before everyone loses their minds just remember the night was considered a big success 45 minutes ago. It's not like we traded away Svechkov. Even if the Angry Apostrophe(trademark pending) doesnt work out this is still a good night.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
He was set to go 40th which means we could’ve stayed where we were and got him this all around makes no sense. Poile hearing steps behind him in hallways or something

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
He was set to go 40th which means we could’ve stayed where we were and got him this all around makes no sense. Poile hearing steps behind him in hallways or something

He was not going 40. Mckenzie had him at 25 and he literally gets his notes from GMs and scouts.

If you are going to take your shot, this is the time to take it. This isn't a deep draft. Power forward type of player? *Shrug*

Let's see what happens!

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
L'Heureux was a point per game player over the past two seasons ... edgy to say the least ... if he pans out he is just what these boards have ranted for .. a player that can score while being physical. That is a big if for the guy Craig Button had at #12 on his list down to #41 in the Atlantic's rankings, with several mock drafts putting him going to Carolina at 27.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad