The Draft

Jul 12, 2007
You know anyone that cheers for Jeffery Simmons on Sunday Afternoons? Kid was 17 and showed his buddies photos of him having sex with a girl. Not something I would have done or condone but it’s not a 25 year in prison offense with and probably at least 1/4 of pro athletes, singers, actors, politicians ect have done far worse as adults.
Are there different Jeffery Simmons ? I looked him up and the story was he punched a girl several times because she was punching his sister. All on video.
And yeah, he’s massive.
But it’s kind of similar to this. All he did was admit how wrong he was many times, and apologize as many times as people seemed to think he needed to. And seemingly never did anything like this before or after.
Looks like he’s on the Titans now, an exemplary person. Didn’t need to be shunned or canceled. Maybe some people need to be; just not everybody according to the mob or mini-mob’s demands.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
For sure hope L'Heureux pans out, but we could've gotten some great value picks at 40 & 51.

For example, could've gotten Pinelli still at 40, and probably one of the scoring wingers Stankoven, Pastujov or Tuomaala at 51.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
For sure hope L'Heureux pans out, but we could've gotten some great value picks at 40 & 51.

For example, could've gotten Pinelli still at 40, and probably one of the scoring wingers Stankoven, Pastujov or Tuomaala at 51.
for sure. hindsight will be a beautiful thing in 5 years.

Both our picks they had top 15-20 on their board. If they don’t pan out, I could see some uncomfortable conversations occurring.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Are there different Jeffery Simmons ? I looked him up and the story was he punched a girl several times because she was punching his sister. All on video.
And yeah, he’s massive.
But it’s kind of similar to this. All he did was admit how wrong he was many times, and apologize as many times as people seemed to think he needed to. And seemingly never did anything like this before or after.
He actually punched an adult woman attacking his mother. My point was that he learned from his mistake and became a better person. The Montreal kid can do the same thing. It’s on him to improve but to cancel him as someone banned from society is what some want to do now.

Jul 12, 2007

I think Poile’s 2 picks were a very nice balance. Pure offense then a pretty good offense guy with some grit / nasty. A team really needs the latter to go far in the playoffs and win reg season games.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Did it ruin her life ? If so, take the appropriate action against him. If it didn’t, then don’t use that as a false talking point.
If you think he owes somebody else something else, then explain what that is. Don’t just randomly announce that everyone should move on from him. That’s pretty much the definition of ‘cancel’. Everybody walk away from somebody and leave them nothing.
Because you say so ? That’s really the gist of what I’m getting at. 1 person, or 5 or 10 ….. announcing what everybody else will do, based on their personal rules for 7 billion other people.
Having said all that, we should all be allowed to have and say our opinions, both sides, all versions. It’s what makes the world go round.

Just remember we went through all of this with Austin Watson, ie tons of people calling for him to be banned for life despite not knowing anything about the actual situation.

Reactions: triggrman

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I think Poile’s 2 picks were a very nice balance. Pure offense then a pretty good offense guy with some grit / nasty. A team really needs the latter to go far in the playoffs and win reg season games.
From what I've read on Svechkov, he actually sounds like a younger Johansen type of C. His strengths are reading plays, being a playmaker on offense, and being tenacious and technically precise on defense. He can dig out pucks in the corner and be hard to play against. His weaknesses are his skating, high end speed, and inconsistent/mediocre offensive numbers.

https://thehockeywriters.com/fyodor-svechkov-2021-draft-prospect-profile/

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

Come on man, have some perspective. Poile gave up the #51 pick to change the 40th pick to the 27th.

As much bitching everyone did about not getting a first round pick for Arvidsson because the quality differential and now we're fussing about Poile using that pick to slide into the first round?

for sure. hindsight will be a beautiful thing in 5 years.

Both our picks they had top 15-20 on their board. If they don’t pan out, I could see some uncomfortable conversations occurring.
Gotta love hindsight GMs.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Did it ruin her life ? If so, take the appropriate action against him. If it didn’t, then don’t use that as a false talking point.
If you think he owes somebody else something else, then explain what that is. Don’t just randomly announce that everyone should move on from him. That’s pretty much the definition of ‘cancel’. Everybody walk away from somebody and leave them nothing.
Because you say so ? That’s really the gist of what I’m getting at. 1 person, or 5 or 10 ….. announcing what everybody else will do, based on their personal rules for 7 billion other people.
Having said all that, we should all be allowed to have and say our opinions, both sides, all versions. It’s what makes the world go round.

You have a reading comprehension problem buddy. Go back and read my post and then circle back.

I didn’t call to cancel him or state he should have more punishment. I am saying I wouldn’t draft him because his decisions were very flawed. I would not want that in my locker room.

I do think people can change. I think they can learn. I want that. His comments do show contrition and regret.

I still wouldn’t draft him.

Hope that makes sense. I believe in redemption. I just wouldn’t draft the guy.

you do you.

Jul 12, 2007
You have a reading comprehension problem buddy. Go back and read my post and then circle back.

I didn’t call to cancel him or state he should have more punishment. I am saying I wouldn’t draft him because his decisions were very flawed. I would not want that in my locker room.

I do think people can change. I think they can learn. I want that. His comments do show contrition and regret.

I still wouldn’t draft him.

Hope that makes sense. I believe in redemption. I just wouldn’t draft the guy.

you do you.
When you said ‘you just move on’ I figured you meant all the teams, which is functionally the same as the wonderful ‘cancel’.
If you meant your own theoretical draft pick, then I guess I “mis-comprehended” you.
But then you’re stuck with allowing Montreal to have a different opinion than you. Which you don’t seem to enjoy.

And no, you don’t KNOW the guy’s a character problem for the team. That’s pure speculation.

You do seem to be saying that he should have redemption, just not on your time or effort. Which is fine, just a little stilted lol.
In the end, I guess I’ll do me like a good buddy should.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enoch

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
So Chibrikov and Raty just went one before and one after 51. Carolina used our picks to choose no one we had talked about.

... just noticed Carolina has 4 second rounders. Shotgun effect.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
And why isn't there a thread for that pick yet?

I looked it up and it's the pick we got from Ottawa for Austin Watson.

I'm guessing the guy who was doing the prospect threads is running behind today with the draft going much faster. Hes not a Preds poster hes doing them for everyone's picks I believe.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
So two picks in the 1st and 4th rounds while sitting out the 2nd and 5th? 6 picks overall with Poile moving around to get players he wanted.

Edit: Sitting out the 7th round too.

Last edited:
Reactions: PredsV82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->