The Draft

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
It's more, he takes 1-2 of the same profile player every year, and frankly, they have all basically sucked and/or not made the NHL.

With that said, this prospect has grit plus skill. Not sure what to make of him. This could be a really good selection. It could be a reach. I'm pulling for him. Power forwards are HARD to find. Sometimes, you have to take your shot.

this French Fella is basically the 2021 Brendan Leipsic

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
He was not going 40. Mckenzie had him at 25 and he literally gets his notes from GMs and scouts.

If you are going to take your shot, this is the time to take it. This isn't a deep draft. Power forward type of player? *Shrug*

Let's see what happens!
Agreed, think this is a great spot to take a higher risk, high reward type player.

Reactions: Enoch and LCPreds

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Who knows maybe he ends up a Tom Wilson type player. Would rather have him on our team than against us I guess

Reactions: LCPreds

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I like the L'Heureux pick as well. He's a pest, power forward who can put up points. He will calm down when he matures. Who knows, he might become our Matthew Tkachuk or Marchand. Maybe Yanni Gourde. Probably not as much offensive talent with L'Heureux but even so.

We would've gotten two good picks as well on the 2nd round but the deeper you go, the less certain the picks obviously become.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
I'm not complaining about the pick. He's edgy, what the f*** Mallioux did was f***ing criminal!
I’m with Montreal on this one.
It’s good to see that the social justice army doesn’t dictate who may or may not be drafted, quite yet.
They’ve already anointed themselves the deciders on what teams can be named, and what can be plastered onto jerseys.
Glad to see the Habs show that every team in sports isn’t cowering to the .001 % that scream and make demands all day.
The kid has already been shamed and punished several ways. No need to cancel his life.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
Can you imagine this guy and Jeannot together?
Keep Olivier on the roster, and we may actually be hard to play against for the first time in many years.
We may actually have stumbled into a team that has talent and toughness. Totally shocking.

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
Pretty excited about both picks, Especially L'Heureux. I watched a ton of him when he was playing for Moncton.

My front neighbours are a Billet family for the Moncton Wildcats and had Phillipe Daoust for the past few years (Drafted by Ottawa last year). He's good friends with Zach so I would see them often playing road hockey with my kids.

He's a good kid, plays with a lot of passion but can make bonehead decissions sometimes. Marchand was a fan favorite when he played here in his Q years. People were super excited with Zach and compared the two constantly.

I think this a great pick for us and this could actually turn into a Marchand lite kind of guy.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I’m with Montreal on this one.
It’s good to see that the social justice army doesn’t dictate who may or may not be drafted, quite yet.
They’ve already anointed themselves the deciders on what teams can be named, and what can be plastered onto jerseys.
Glad to see the Habs show that every team in sports isn’t cowering to the .001 % that scream and make demands all day.
The kid has already been shamed and punished several ways. No need to cancel his life.

I just don't agree.

What he did can literally ruin a young lady's life.

He paid some legal fee's and reparations. Who cares.

He has suffered basically no penalty. I'm not trying to say punish him, but what I am saying is this, you are drafting a character problem. You can't get a more clear character problem. I would never knowingly bring that into the locker room. The lack of judgement is so bad ... I just cannot get past that.

Again, I'm not trying to add punishment. I'm speaking from a team standpoint. At some point, you just move on. This isn't about canceling him. It is about not adding a person who has shown major judgement problems.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
This offseason, including the draft so far, is strongly reflecting John Hynes fingerprints. Just don't call it a rebuild. :nod:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The Preds just snagged the #6 ranked European skater (4th ranked forward) on Central Scouting's list and followed that up with the #30 ranked (20th forward) on the North American list. L'Heureux was as high as 12/13 on some lists with the Preds stating he was mid-teens on their internal rankings. When a player that high on your list is still available at 27 and a team is willing to make the trade ... do it.

Reactions: Enoch

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I'm not complaining about the pick. He's edgy, what the f*** Mallioux did was f***ing criminal!
You know anyone that cheers for Jeffery Simmons on Sunday Afternoons? Kid was 17 and showed his buddies photos of him having sex with a girl. Not something I would have done or condone but it’s not a 25 year in prison offense with and probably at least 1/4 of pro athletes, singers, actors, politicians ect have done far worse as adults.

Reactions: AintLifeGrand
Jul 12, 2007
I just don't agree.

What he did can literally ruin a young lady's life.

He paid some legal fee's and reparations. Who cares.

He has suffered basically no penalty. I'm not trying to say punish him, but what I am saying is this, you are drafting a character problem. You can't get a more clear character problem. I would never knowingly bring that into the locker room. The lack of judgement is so bad ... I just cannot get past that.

Again, I'm not trying to add punishment. I'm speaking from a team standpoint. At some point, you just move on. This isn't about canceling him. It is about not adding a person who has shown major judgement problems.
Did it ruin her life ? If so, take the appropriate action against him. If it didn’t, then don’t use that as a false talking point.
If you think he owes somebody else something else, then explain what that is. Don’t just randomly announce that everyone should move on from him. That’s pretty much the definition of ‘cancel’. Everybody walk away from somebody and leave them nothing.
Because you say so ? That’s really the gist of what I’m getting at. 1 person, or 5 or 10 ….. announcing what everybody else will do, based on their personal rules for 7 billion other people.
Having said all that, we should all be allowed to have and say our opinions, both sides, all versions. It’s what makes the world go round.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->