The Draft Position Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This isn't a tank season. This is a young team season -- their record may not be all that good at the end of the season, but the objective now is to build. Clearly there are holes in the roster, made worse by having two key injuries, but that isn't a signal to panic and attempt to be worse.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Maybe with like 10 games left.

Yeah something like this. Sure we most likely won't make the playoffs. But unless we're really down and out with 10 games left i won't actively root for last place. As we already have seen. last place won't guarantee anything except Eichel and we already have him, so yeah.

Maybe this time We can pull a Edmonton, look good while still losing. Then pull the ping pong balls out our sphincter and win the lottery.........:help:

I sure as heck won't be cheering for loses again. It'll be more like being an "OK with the result" feeling.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Never. I'm rooting for wins. I came into this season fully expecting us to finish somewhere in the bottom 10 again, but I'm done rooting for losses.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Our record doesnt indicate our team play so far this season. The Tampa Bay game. Even the game last night. People who look at the box score will probably think "damn, same old Buffalo" looking at a 7-2 loss. But damn if we werent in that game for 2 periods and looking good doing it. I thought we controlled play and dictated the pace and if our goal scorers could just find their touch again, we'd be winning these games.

Montreal had like 5 or 6 good scoring chances that they scored 5 goals on. Johnson let in some stinkers. Buffalo had almost twice as many and just came up short on most of them. Kane, Girgensons, Foligno, Gionta... we bury those chances and we probably end their streak and everyone is talking about what a turnaround for Buffalo. Couldve been great for confidence and start of a streak. Instead, we matched them stride for stride and lose 7-2 and get humbled.

I cant actively root for losing for a good draft pick when we have O'Reilly, Eichel, Reinhart, Ennis, Kane, Ristolainen.... this is a great roster core. Cant give up on them this early.

Sabres Dynasty

Apr 11, 2015
I'm never cheering against this team again. They are playing some entertaining hockey and that's all anyone should be asking for this year.

GTFO of here with this tank nonsense.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
When we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I'll start rooting for us to drop points to improve our draft position. Until it's mathematical, go Sabres!

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Oh God, no more tank.

This isn't a bad team, just pretty unlucky so far. Its a long season and the wins will come.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I remember when we drafted Galchenyuk. During that tank season over half of the Habs board embraced tanking, it's just human nature, I watched everygame being a joyous everytime we lost because it meant a better high end draft pick. I like the Sabres, they'll be a good team soon enough, they're on the right way.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
The only problem with a tank scenario is that this team is absolutely going to tear it up the second half of the year.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I remember when we drafted Galchenyuk. During that tank season over half of the Habs board embraced tanking, it's just human nature, I watched everygame being a joyous everytime we lost because it meant a better high end draft pick. I like the Sabres, they'll be a good team soon enough, they're on the right way.

did a habs fan just slip in here to let Sabres fans know its ok to tank? :amazed: :allears::teach2::poutine:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
There's no tank even if they find a way to trade players by the deadline that aren't part of the long-term plan. There are too many talented players getting 17+ minutes a night for the team to tank. There may be a point when the playoffs are no longer an option that the mathematician inside might prefer to lose than win thus increasing the lottery odds however I expect the team to fight for 82 games. Generally speaking the effort is there, the talent is certainly there, it will take time for everything to come together. If we miss the playoffs it would be nice to pull off an upset lottery win (either of the three draws) to make up for losing the prior two seasons.

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
I just want exciting, hard fought and competitive games. Whatever happens after that happens. I would love for them to win, especially for the confidence of the players.

I'm glad the youngsters are getting experience and it will take time for the team to gel and grow.

Is it 7 pm yet?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
No. I think as fans we should embrace the team winning... and understanding the team still has holes and a lot of growing to do.

Maybe embrace the "Hovercraft" ...meaning keep your emotions level as it seems there is going to be a wide swing of ups and downs.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I found the previous season's tank's. lets just leave them there.

7005836_f520.jpg

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If they are going to tank...send Eichel and Reinhart to Rochester before they hit game 10 then their contracts slide....

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Oh brother. Anyone not embracing winning and growing this season no matter how bad we do is just off their rocker. It's impossible to tank this year. Thank god!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad