GDT: The Draft Lottery, Tuesday, April 9th

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
th

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
If we win the lotto I want NO talk of trading any of our youngish players. No reino, nylander, Olofsson, mitts, or Risto.

May the odds Be in our favor. God knows we need it.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Honestly not feeling this particular lottery. I mean, I want as good of a pick as possible of course... but this team has so much to fix that it's hard to get overly excited about another top pick.

If you held a gun to my head and forced me to choose between a top pick in this draft or a great offseason of trimming fat and filling out this teams depth... I'd take the latter without a second thought. Though I wouldn't balk at having both obviously.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I wonder how they'll milk this thing for a full hour. Seems like it shouldn't really take more than 10-15 minutes.

Reactions: Weaves

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
There's just a sense of relaxation for me. No pressure whatsoever. We're right in the thick of where the talent is bunched up. There's not a tier drop at any point where we would be pushed back in the worst case scenario, and if we happen to grab one of the top 3 picks, all the better, but I'm not going to be one bit of mad if we don't get one of them.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
There's just a sense of relaxation for me. No pressure whatsoever. We're right in the thick of where the talent is bunched up. There's not a tier drop at any point where we would be pushed back in the worst case scenario, and if we happen to grab one of the top 3 picks, all the better, but I'm not going to be one bit of mad if we don't get one of them.

Same here

I'm pretty confident the top 4 will be Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte, Byram.... so it let's me focus on Krebs/Cozens/Dach/Zegras now.

I want Krebs. If we win a lottery pick, fantastic, but I'd still be elated with Krebs.

Reactions: BananaSquad

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Work the balls Botts! Work. Those. Balls.

Can't deny his success in that area.

So who is the NHL darling who will move way, way up the draft order? Montreal? Chicago?

My guess would be Chicago. The Strome trade turned out nicely for them. Gifting them Hughes or Kakko could have them back contending while Kane is still elite. A lottery win, followed by Seabrook retiring because he caught a case of the itchies from Hossa sounds like a standard NHL summer.

Reactions: ek93 and Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad