Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
47.1% we draft first through four.
52.9% we draft fifth or sixth.
1-4 would be cool. I’d be skipping away from the draft with any of Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, or Tkachuk. I like each player quite a bit more than the next but I’d be very happy to get any of them.

I can’t really have any hope we will get #1. I get that. We’re cursed and it won’t happen. But #2? If we get Svechnikov that’s AMAZING. I’ll take it.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
1-4 would be cool. I’d be skipping away from the draft with any of Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, or Tkachuk. I like each player quite a bit more than the next but I’d be very happy to get any of them.

I can’t really have any hope we will get #1. I get that. We’re cursed and it won’t happen. But #2? If we get Svechnikov that’s AMAZING. I’ll take it.
I just hope one of the two teams ahead of us wins one of the lotteries if not us. 1-5 I’m ok with. My list is much like yours(although I’m pretty sure almost everyone agrees on the top 3):

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Wahlstrom
Tkachuk

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Ran the lotto sim 10 times and came up with this:

5-2-2-2-5-5-2-5-2-3

Weird how 2 and 5 dominated.

Kept going and on the 12th role we picked 1st...ugh.

Tankathon | 2018 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator

With a small sample size like this, you will - ironically- most likely get some weird domination by one or two results.

If you do the simulation enough times, you will end up getting probabilities near the announced probabilities if the simulator is designed correctly.

We can run that sim as many times we want to... There is only one draw that counts though. The official one.

Captain Obvious to the rescue;)

Oh, and don't trade the 6OA. Unless it's gives Matthews, which it won't. So please don't trade it. Certainly not for a player like Zibanejad, as I've heard some people suggest. Useless.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDoaner

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
What a stupid ****en lottery system.
It's to prevent tanking. What a joke.
Yesterday Ottawa started Daniel Taylor in goal. 31 years old. That's his 4th nhl game ever. His last start was with Calgary in 2012.
At this point why didn't they call the accountant from Chicago that played a couple weeks ago. And Erik Karlsson a healthy scratch. I know Ottawa was already locked at #2 but still. Give me a break.
I'll be happy adding a top six draft prospect to this roster because the Coyotes end the season around 19 or 20 in actual power rankings. I think we're a pretty good team going forward and adding Bouchard, Hughes or Boqvist to this mix is money. If we are lucky to land Zadina, or Svechnikov we are set.
I'd love to get Tkachuk for his size and grit, or as someone said in another thread, a mean mf that likes to pound skulls. Tkachuk doesn't really score a lot of goals. He sets up a lot though and would be fire on a line with Keller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yandover

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Why do you guys torture yourselves about the lottery?? This is how it's going to come out:

1) Edmonton
2) Chicago
3) Buffalo
4) Detroit
5) Ottawa
6) Montreal
7) Arizona

Take it to the bank and just let it go...

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Why do you guys torture yourselves about the lottery?? This is how it's going to come out:

1) Edmonton
2) Chicago
3) Buffalo
4) Detroit
5) Ottawa
6) Montreal
7) Arizona

AZ can't draft any later than 6.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

1) Edmonton
2) Chicago
3) Buffalo
4) Detroit
5) Ottawa
6) Montreal
7) Arizona

We’re guaranteed a top six pick this year. With a 30% chance at top 3.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I got Chicago, NYR and Buffalo on my initial sim run. :laugh:

Sixth run through, I got Az, Dallas, Ottawa - we did not even show in the top three, until that sixth run through.

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
WSNcwx3.png

I'm not sure about the math on how they came up with those numbers, but if we take their word for it, those are the combined chances we end up with any given pick between 1-6.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
AZ can't draft any later than 6.
True, but I NEVER thought Edmonton would have this going back to 2009-

2017) 22 Overall
16) 4 OA
15) 1 OA
14) 3 OA
13) 7 OA
12) 1 OA
11) 1 OA
10) 1 OA
09) 10 OA

So yeah, just as the thread title suggests-
The Draft Lottery Sucks

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
True, but I NEVER thought Edmonton would have this going back to 2009-

2017) 22 Overall
16) 4 OA
15) 1 OA
14) 3 OA
13) 7 OA
12) 1 OA
11) 1 OA
10) 1 OA
09) 10 OA

So yeah, just as the thread title suggests-
The Draft Lottery Sucks

If I remember this right, the lottery in 2009 couldn't move them up to first. Also, they didn't take part in 2017. That means it should be only four times out of 7 tries they have won the first overall.

Their lottery-luck is obviously not what people want it to be.

Totally overrated.

Reactions: Yandover
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad