GDT: The Draft Lottery Sucks - Coyotes Get #5 Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Doesn't Montreal need scoring more than they need D?

They need everything but goaltending. But with Droin, Patches (if they keep him), Gallagher and Galchenyuk they have some top 6 forward prowess. Their backend is miserable after Weber.

I dont think Montreal will tank yet because of Price and Weber. They would be smart to do so, but I dont think they are there yet. I imagine they look at this as a fluke season and go after Taveres hard. They could very easily grab a defenseman.

The next four defensmen are nothing to scoff at either, you really wouldnt be settling if you took one at 3 or 4. I think each are in the same catagory as Serga hev, Chychrun and McAvoy in the 2016 draft. High floors with top pairing ceilings.

Only thing is if Montreal takes a defnseman or Tkachuk, I really dont see Ottawa doing the same.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
They need everything but goaltending. But with Droin, Patches (if they keep him), Gallagher and Galchenyuk they have some top 6 forward prowess. Their backend is miserable after Weber.

I dont think Montreal will tank yet because of Price and Weber. They would be smart to do so, but I dont think they are there yet. I imagine they look at this as a fluke season and go after Taveres hard. They could very easily grab a defenseman.

The next four defensmen are nothing to scoff at either, you really wouldnt be settling if you took one at 3 or 4. I think each are in the same catagory as Serga hev, Chychrun and McAvoy in the 2016 draft. High floors with top pairing ceilings.

Only thing is if Montreal takes a defnseman or Tkachuk, I really dont see Ottawa doing the same.
Montreal has Weber, Petry, Alzner, Benn, Schlemko, Juulson , and Mete on D. I think that's stronger than their forwards.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Habs missed Weber for a large portion of last season as well as Price. That would help their goals against, they need forwards more and specifically a top center.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Look, if we pick Tkachuk, I won't be upset. At this point basically everyone that we can pick at #5 is going to be good in one way or another, so right now I'm just nitpicking. But, having said that, my preference is for Wahlstrom because of the huge falloff from Keller and Stepan in team scoring that we currently have.

That's completely understandable. I like Wahlstrom as well at 5. I can't pick between the two, but those are definitely the two I would want.

I have a feeling that Tkachuk may not be there at 5, though.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Montreal has Weber, Petry, Alzner, Benn, Schlemko, Juulson , and Mete on D. I think that's stronger than their forwards.

1st pair, 2nd pair, Montreal fans want to shoot him into the sun, 7th D, 3rd pair, potential 2nd pair and I know nothing about Mete. Not great. Thats not putting age in consideration for Weber, Petry and Alzner.

Habs missed Weber for a large portion of last season as well as Price. That would help their goals against, they need forwards more and specifically a top center.

They also were without Patch for most the season and his 30 goals.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
1st pair, 2nd pair, Montreal fans want to shoot him into the sun, 7th D, 3rd pair, potential 2nd pair and I know nothing about Mete. Not great. Thats not putting age in consideration for Weber, Petry and Alzner.

They also were without Patch for most the season and his 30 goals.
If the Habs start next season with Weber and Mete 1st pairing, Petry with either of Alzner or Schlemko, and Benn with the other on 3rd pairing that's a decent D. Certainly a lot better than what they have up front comparatively. Everyone looked out of place last season as they couldn't pick up the extra time from Weber being out and that was compounded by Price having a down year and then getting injured. I suspect next season Mete will be able to help out a lot more if injuries occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad