GDT: The Draft -- All Rumors, News, Speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Lol, I honestly don't know what to expect now that Lehner may be going first. Everyone was saying that a Talbot trade would set the market, and that Cam would be the first goalie traded.

If we somehow can get the 9OA for Cam, main boards would literally have such a meltdown that the Earth's sea water levels would rise to cataclysmic levels.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
It's middling news. Yes, you remove 1 team of demand, but you also remove 1 goalie of supply.

Still 3-4 teams... now they're all looking at two goalies instead of 3 (Lack and Talbot)

It's one thing if it were to Calgary or something, but Buffalo has the best pieces after Edmonton, and the drop off to Calgary and SJ is significant. If it drives up Talbot's price, then it might not be bad. But it doesn't seem like that would be the case.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
edmonton still makes too much sense.

holding out hope for a late 1st or a multi player deal and a forward coming back our way.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Lol, I honestly don't know what to expect now that Lehner may be going first. Everyone was saying that a Talbot trade would set the market, and that Cam would be the first goalie traded.

If we somehow can get the 9OA for Cam, main boards would literally have such a meltdown that the Earth's sea water levels would rise to cataclysmic levels.

We'd need to add. Talbot and Klein may get you #9.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
edmonton still makes too much sense.

holding out hope for a late 1st or a multi player deal and a forward coming back our way.

That's my guess as well. I'm hoping we can package some players to at least get something of relatively substantial value.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Keep in mind the deal isn't done yet and Garrioch is about as accurate as Eklund.

I'm curious if teams have reporters say that other teams did something, just to boost the value, even if it's totally false. Like I wonder if Sather had the guy say there's a trade with Lehner and it would involve a 1st to push Talbot's value.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
If the deal is Lehrner Legs and and a 3rd for the 21St o/a Talbot + Klein is easily worth more.

Dream scenario is Talbot + Klein for the 9 o/a and draft Zacha.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: Robin Lehner heading to BUF. Sounds like Lehner and Legwand to BUF for 21st pick. Pending trade call. Not official yet.”

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Only thing I remember about Karlsson is he drove Nash crazy that game out in San Jose. Nash tried to kill him every play.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 42s43 seconds ago
Robin Lehner heading to BUF. Sounds like Lehner and Legwand to BUF for 21st pick. Pending trade call. Not official yet.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@DarrenDreger: With Lehner to Buffalo, things heat up on Talbot. Oilers and Sharks still keen. Calgary also revisiting Talbot trade this morning.”

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I wonder how that impacts the Talbot trade. That's pretty crazy if it's just those 3 pieces.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Good deal for both IMO. Sabres are in a position where they could take on a salary dump.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 32s32 seconds ago
With Lehner to Buffalo, things heat up on Talbot. Oilers and Sharks still keen. Calgary also revisiting Talbot trade this morning.

So Lehner off the market brought another team back into the Talbot market. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad