GDT: The Draft -- All Rumors, News, Speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Rather than clogging up the roster building thread with all of the legitimate and garbage rumors that will come out today I figured we can use this thread. All rumors, news, speculation & draft talk will go here. In the unlikely event Slats gets a first for Cambot maybe we can even discuss options for a 1st round pick (something we haven't had in a few years...)

I will be in and out all day but I know Nevesis and RB are usually spot on regarding news. We will do our best to keep the first post updated with any major rumors regarding the Rangers.

Cheers!

:popcorn:

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Lehner netting a 1st means very good things for us concerning Talbot.

Why? Wouldn't that be bad? BUF and EDM have by far the best pieces. Take one of them away, and the competition EDM would have to deal with is far less and wouldn't have to push as much.

I really hope not taking one of the offers early doesn't bite Sather in the tushie.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Why? Wouldn't that be bad? BUF and EDM have by far the best pieces. Take one of them away, and the competition EDM would have to deal with is far less and wouldn't have to push as much.

I really hope not taking one of the offers early doesn't bite Sather in the tushie.

The other teams value Talbot more over Lehner. Lehner sets the precedence for the return on Talbot. Drives up the price automatically.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Well...

Lehner was always highly touted. He also has the age on Talbot, and will be an RFA in two seasons, and not a UFA after next year.

Still, a 1st in that deal is HEFTY. Not sure what Buffalo is thinking here.

I guess they didn't like the conversation they had with Talbot.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

It isn't bad. It means one of two things. Lehner actually has higher value (although I find that hard to believe) or one Edmonton, Dallas, Florida, SJS etc. get desperate and cough up something similar.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Let's wait to see what the actual Lehner trade is. I mean, if it's Lehner, Legwand, 3rd for a mid-1st, I wouldn't necessarily say it means good things for the Rangers.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
The fact possibly Legwand is in the trade means Lehner isn't worth a 1st by himself, it seems implied they're packaging Lehner for a first. That's why I'm confused as to why we aren't shopping Talbot in a package.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

In a vacuum I do agree.

However knowing what we know, practically speaking - this could be Buffalo moving on because they have been told as of this morning that they are out. It's between Edmonton/Dallas/SJ whose offers the Rangers like better.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Legwand is a cap dump though. I would say if anything that is more value for Ottawa. 6M for 32 points.

Legwand makes $3m per...

... but yes, probably still a salary dump. Not that Ottawa is close to the cap, but they may be looking to add something from free agency.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Personally, my gut tells me that Talbot will end up in San Jose and that stems from the fact that they let teams talk to Cam's agent about the city etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad