Post-Game Talk: The dogs are back

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Klefbom wasn’t out a loss like this wouldn’t concern me at all. But the combination of Gravel, Garrison, and especially Benning made for a lot of mistakes tonight.

Biggest issue tonight was execution. Way too many missed passes, whiffed shots, missed nets etc etc. We got good pressure in the 1st but couldn’t do anything with it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
There is no reason not to call out Steve Kozari in public. Refusal to call anything, specifically on McDavid because he's upset McDavid told him to go upstairs on a shootout goal last January. Ben Hutton mugged Connor for five seconds away from the puck in the final minute and Kozari stood in the corner watching.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
Wake up with 5 to go. Typical. Seemed like every Oiler whiffed on a shot or pass attempt. Pile on delay of game and too many men calls. Heads weren’t in it.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Don’t forget Benning
Koski I don’t think played bad just not lights out like we’re used to
In Benning's defense, he's arguably playing as the teams #3 D-man right now.

How can we expect him to be even somewhat decent in that roll.(and I dislike Benning strongly)

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You seem to "call him out" a lot in proportion to his actual play this year.

No I think I’ve been pretty fair. You seem to post exclusively to argue with posters who don’t praise every play Drai makes.

Trying to figure out if you’re a girl who has a massive crush on him (LEAVE DRAI ALOOOOONNE!) , or maybe a German National who is crazy loyal, or if you’re Replacements 3rd account.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Officiating sure didn’t help much but the Canucks sat on the lead like a mother hen once they got one. Generated dick and balls at evens but took advantage of what was handed them.

Not our finest game, but when the Khaira-Nuge-Puljujarvi line is far and away our best forward line and a kid in his 2nd NHL game is our most dynamic defenceman, there’s going to be trouble.

We can’t win games with guys taking nights off. This team isn’t good enough for that.

Drai wasn’t good tonight, but neither were a dozen other guys and most of those dudes aren’t top ten in NHL scoring. You take some of the bad with all of the good elite production brings.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Got outworked tonight. PK was not shutting down passing lanes. Bad passing choices especially in the offensive zone.

Jones out there at the end was not good, looked like a rookie surprise, surprise. McDavid needs to put in the second effort on the wall. Benning and Garrison...not pretty.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
You guys are all missing the point. They didn't call penalties because of all the hugging. They were simply trying to protect McDavid from hurting himself from all his speed.

Reactions: Aerrol and Oilhawks

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
In Benning's defense, he is arguably playing as the teams #3 D-man right now.

How can we expect him to be even somewhat decent in that roll.(and I dislike Benning strongly)

It’s not like he faced a ton of pressure tonight though. He couldn’t even make simple plays where he had lots of time and space.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Now I can bitch and moan...

I want Wideman in the lineup as he's been good from what I've seen of him... and I'd bring Zykov and Rattie back in as well as they both have some ability to snipe and it's time to rotate some bodies out in the bottom 9.

I'd probably pull out 2 of Rieder/Spooner/Caggiula and either Benning/Garrison for the next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad