The Division 2

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Solo is definitely tough. The enemies rush effectively and use cover well. I would suggest you use you next skill unlock on the drone that heals you. As soon as you start a battle pop it off and that thing makes it very difficult to die. It lasts a long time. The other skill I would recommend the oxidizer chem launcher. Quick cooldown and it does solid damage/CC. You could always use the revive hive too because you can revive yourself with it if you’re playing solo which is very useful.

Basically I think solo is tough but possible. Use the skills often and I think you’ll be alright.

I unlocked that drone first chance I could. I do forget to pop it sometimes though. I have the turret as well but I always throw it too soon. If the rushers were toned down just a touch this difficulty would be perfect not easy by any means but when 2+ rushers come it’s basically game over for me they are so strong.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I haven't started playing yet but this is going to be a major concern for me if the enemies are too difficult for solo play. I've heard this in a couple places now as well. If i want to over level the enimies in the area i am in then they should let me, if the enemies are matching with whatever level I am that is a HUGE turnoff.

So I think you can overlevel it’s just that the first playable area is enemies that are 2-7 so I think (don’t quote me here) but when you reach level 8 they may stay at 7 not sure. It’s doable on your own but prepare to be really really frustrated

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Got an LMG and the game seems to have become far easier. I recommend the LMG’s. It melts almost any enemy including the heavy armoured purple and yellows. I really hope it doesn’t take too long to find one that works as I level up

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I unlocked that drone first chance I could. I do forget to pop it sometimes though. I have the turret as well but I always throw it too soon. If the rushers were toned down just a touch this difficulty would be perfect not easy by any means but when 2+ rushers come it’s basically game over for me they are so strong.
Yeah I find myself falling back a lot. I also try to kill at least two guys with a grenade before they realize I’m there.

The only thing I’ve found that is basically impossible for me solo was an elite territory control mission. There were five yellow enemies and a bunch of purple and they were super aggressive. There were at least three waves of them(I died on the third wave so I don’t know how many waves there were). A group is necessary for those and the main missions I think.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Got an LMG and the game seems to have become far easier. I recommend the LMG’s. It melts almost any enemy including the heavy armoured purple and yellows. I really hope it doesn’t take too long to find one that works as I level up

Got an M60 last night.

So fun.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Solo really isn't that bad. I haven't soloed any main missions yet because it's so easy to get a full party for those but I've found the difficulty appropriate for side missions and control points soloing. You just need to be willing to fall back and heal and not think about pushing forward all the time. I'm using a DMR and it takes down the yellow and purples very well from a distance. I keep an smg as my secondary for when I get rushed. It's not bad.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Solo really isn't that bad. I haven't soloed any main missions yet because it's so easy to get a full party for those but I've found the difficulty appropriate for side missions and control points soloing. You just need to be willing to fall back and heal and not think about pushing forward all the time. I'm using a DMR and it takes down the yellow and purples very well from a distance. I keep an smg as my secondary for when I get rushed. It's not bad.

Yeah now I use a marksman and a lmg it has become a lot easier. Only just figured out you can take scope off the marksman which is unreal because that auto scope aim was annoying and can get you in trouble quick

Last edited:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
It's really not that bad. Just have a skill like the flame turret that will melt any enemies that try to rush you and a skill like the hive healing that can heal you and will even revive you if you die. Don't always stay in the same piece of cover, try and take out grenadiers and snipers first, and have a weapon like a shotgun or smg to switch to if enemies get up close on you. Also remember the harder enemies have armour now, so just keep blasting the same piece and it'll eventually break off and expose a weak point.

Game is awesome btw and is super smooth on PC, I have most settings on high, and my pc is a midtier one and I constantly get in between 80-100 fps, it's never dropped below 60.

Also lol at that cheatcc review and techadvisor one, you can always count on the first couple reviews to be clickbaity especially when they release a couple days after the launch when they don't even get close to being end game.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Tommy is awesome.

178568b.jpg

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
This game is really fun. Co-op is a blast. The only issue seems to be with scaling players when they are not on the same level. It scales them up to meet the highest persons level but seems like not enough, end up getting downed alot.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It's really not that bad. Just have a skill like the flame turret that will melt any enemies that try to rush you and a skill like the hive healing that can heal you and will even revive you if you die. Don't always stay in the same piece of cover, try and take out grenadiers and snipers first, and have a weapon like a shotgun or smg to switch to if enemies get up close on you. Also remember the harder enemies have armour now, so just keep blasting the same piece and it'll eventually break off and expose a weak point.

Game is awesome btw and is super smooth on PC, I have most settings on high, and my pc is a midtier one and I constantly get in between 80-100 fps, it's never dropped below 60.

Also lol at that cheatcc review and techadvisor one, you can always count on the first couple reviews to be clickbaity especially when they release a couple days after the launch when they don't even get close to being end game.

yeah its not, I was frustrated and stuck but then found lmg with a 100 round mag and that turned it all around haha. I can lay down so much fire without stopping its scary. Another poster suggested the oxidizing chem launcher and that helped massively too. That eats enemy armor of all types which is so so helpful in destroying elites. After that steep learning curve I know take on anything that comes at me, I just roamed around taking control points for the rest of the day.

I play on regular PS4 and it still works and looks great. I get a few npcs sliding around instead of actually moving their feet which is strange. And enemys drop out of the sky as I get close sometimes. But nothing game breaking. Loving the game, also seems you start getting colored loot quicker than division 1, im getting fairly frequent blues at level 9 I don't remember getting them that easy in division 1.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
yeah its not, I was frustrated and stuck but then found lmg with a 100 round mag and that turned it all around haha. I can lay down so much fire without stopping its scary. Another poster suggested the oxidizing chem launcher and that helped massively too. That eats enemy armor of all types which is so so helpful in destroying elites. After that steep learning curve I know take on anything that comes at me, I just roamed around taking control points for the rest of the day.

I play on regular PS4 and it still works and looks great. I get a few npcs sliding around instead of actually moving their feet which is strange. And enemys drop out of the sky as I get close sometimes. But nothing game breaking. Loving the game, also seems you start getting colored loot quicker than division 1, im getting fairly frequent blues at level 9 I don't remember getting them that easy in division 1.
Yeah the loot seems more generous this time around. I’m regularly getting orange at level 28 and purples are everywhere. Got a gold lmg yesterday that is a total bullet hose. Just shreds. The perks/talents on it kinda suck and it’s only level 25 so even if I put better talents on it it will still be too weak for end game stuff. Should get to 30 today and plan on tackling some strongholds today. Main missions, side missions, and control points are fantastic. I don’t really like the other small activities like the public execution and propaganda broadcast, but they’re quick so it’s not too bad.

Reactions: Walshy7

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
looking forward to picking this up on Friday after the good things ive been hearing

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Is the story solo-able? I loved the first game until I got to the dark-zone and could never get geared enough to not get consistently trolled/killed. I even got 100% of the collectables. Thinking about buying it but if I have rely on random strangers to play the story line I may pass or wait until it goes cheaper

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Is the story solo-able? I loved the first game until I got to the dark-zone and could never get geared enough to not get consistently trolled/killed. I even got 100% of the collectables. Thinking about buying it but if I have rely on random strangers to play the story line I may pass or wait until it goes cheaper

its pretty hard but doable, with the caveat im at level 10 so not even close to the hardest content yet. At level 4 I was frustrated to the point of not playing anymore. You just have to have the right equipment, other posters here have suggested the right skills to get. I am by no means a good player either but once you accept you will die often and just go back and try it a different way not the same way it will be fine. I haven't been in the darkzone (im not even sure im allowed to yet) so cant help you there. I don't have PS+ so I cant play DZ or matchmake missions anyway, I might buy it though once I finish the story

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I really do hope Massive adds flashlights at some point.

I was reading why its hard to implement a flashlight, basically it would give players on high performance machines (PC, PS4 PRO etc) an advantage due to the way lighting works im no tech wizard so I cant explain why that would be.

If its really dark and you want to see if there is any loot aim a grenade around to room that lights things up a fair bit, don't throw it obviously

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I just reached level cap yesterday and did everything solo outside of main missions(which there are like 12 I would guess). For main missions I used the matchmaking, joined a group, finished the mission, and then promptly left the group. I like to play the game at my own pace so this worked for me pretty well. The main missions are probably possible solo, but they’d be pretty tough.

Edit: I’ve also seen a bunch of people asking for a flashlight but I’ve never really seen a need for one. I have a pretty high end PC and a great monitor so maybe that helps??? I don’t know. Some games I’ve played have been super dark on the same set up, but I haven’t had any issues with D2.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I was reading why its hard to implement a flashlight, basically it would give players on high performance machines (PC, PS4 PRO etc) an advantage due to the way lighting works im no tech wizard so I cant explain why that would be.

If its really dark and you want to see if there is any loot aim a grenade around to room that lights things up a fair bit, don't throw it obviously

How is it an advantage? Is the game a little less black?

Enemis look like bullet sponges in the videos. How bad is it?

Its what turned me off about the first one

It's not bad at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad