The Division 2

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If it's just like the original, but with better endgame I'll be thrilled. I played through the original on release and found the loot drops fun, and the idea behind the Dark Zone interesting, but I didn't spend much time there because every time I had interesting loot I would get slaughtered by a group and lose it all :laugh: I never really saw the point in playing the missions on a higher difficulty because the drops didn't seem worth it. I'd like to see that improved.

I downloaded the Beta last night, but I didn't start it. I feel like if I start the Beta I'm going to really want the full release and that will just make the next two weeks more miserable.

When does it release for the special edition people? Tuesday the 12th? That's so tempting, but $40 can be put to better use I imagine.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
enjoyed the beta. couldnt get into the first one since the DLC was a bit expensive, and the endgame seemed really boring. so im glad they are making improvements.

Sep 19, 2008
I partook in the open beta last weekend. It was kind of fun rushing to the White House. Don't really have any complaints, and it runs like a charm on Ultra on my computer.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
really looking forward to this. Didn't even finish the 1st one, got stuck on a mission that clearly required you to have a squad. hopefully this game is a little easier to solo. O don't have playstation+ but may have to get it to head into the DZ

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
If it's just like the original, but with better endgame I'll be thrilled. I played through the original on release and found the loot drops fun, and the idea behind the Dark Zone interesting, but I didn't spend much time there because every time I had interesting loot I would get slaughtered by a group and lose it all :laugh: I never really saw the point in playing the missions on a higher difficulty because the drops didn't seem worth it. I'd like to see that improved.

I downloaded the Beta last night, but I didn't start it. I feel like if I start the Beta I'm going to really want the full release and that will just make the next two weeks more miserable.

When does it release for the special edition people? Tuesday the 12th? That's so tempting, but $40 can be put to better use I imagine.
FWIW some loot that drops in the Dark Zone now, you get to keep right away and don't have to extract it. Some loot you still have to extract, and I would imagine that's the best of the best stuff, but the other stuff will still be really good.

I only played a couple hours - first mission, just to see how it ran on my PC; and it runs really good. Most things are an improvement over the first game - the world is a lot more natural and alive; exploration is more rewarding and way more in depth than the first game. The music is amazing like the first game, no surprising there. The AI is really good too, and the new armour system feels a lot better than the spammy healing system in the first game. This beta was better to play and performance wise compared to the entire game of Anthem. Supposedly some people were having issues with textures/pop-ins on the PS4 pro, so hopefully they get that sorted out. The menus/UI on PC, is still the biggest issue for me - I don't want to double click everything, hopefully they fix that stuff.

really looking forward to this. Didn't even finish the 1st one, got stuck on a mission that clearly required you to have a squad. hopefully this game is a little easier to solo. O don't have playstation+ but may have to get it to head into the DZ

They will have matchmaking for everything in the game including missions, but if you want to solo stuff you should be perfectly fine.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
FWIW some loot that drops in the Dark Zone now, you get to keep right away and don't have to extract it. Some loot you still have to extract, and I would imagine that's the best of the best stuff, but the other stuff will still be really good.

I only played a couple hours - first mission, just to see how it ran on my PC; and it runs really good. Most things are an improvement over the first game - the world is a lot more natural and alive; exploration is more rewarding and way more in depth than the first game. The music is amazing like the first game, no surprising there. The AI is really good too, and the new armour system feels a lot better than the spammy healing system in the first game. This beta was better to play and performance wise compared to the entire game of Anthem. Supposedly some people were having issues with textures/pop-ins on the PS4 pro, so hopefully they get that sorted out. The menus/UI on PC, is still the biggest issue for me - I don't want to double click everything, hopefully they fix that stuff.

They will have matchmaking for everything in the game including missions, but if you want to solo stuff you should be perfectly fine.
That sounds intriguing. I'm trying to resist the urge to play it when I get home from work today as I'd like the experience to be totally fresh, but I should see how it runs on my PC. I watched a guy on Youtube say his had issues and he had a current gen CPU and a 2080TI. I only have a 1080 and I've never really had any issues with any game, but if his was struggling with that setup it might be worth checking out to make sure I'm not hit with the same issues. I'd still buy it anyway, though. This is my type of game 100%.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Tried the bit of the open beta, didn't want to play too much since im gonna be running the missions again in a couple weeks. On PS4 pro i noticed some performance issues (enemy pop in), it wasn't their in the private beta so hopefully its fixed by launch.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I only played a few minutes and then forgot about the beta afterwards :laugh:
Wish I could give it another go. Intrigued to see how it goes after launch.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Played a few hours last night and had quite a bit of fun. If you didn't like the original then this is not for you, but there is definitely enough changed to justify having a sequel. The combat is much better as well. In the original it was all about spamming as many bullets as you could at enemies, but in the sequel precise headshots with a marksman rifle are far more effective. You can take down yellow bar enemies relatively quickly that way, whereas if you're just pumping their chest full of bullets they're going to sponge it right up. Lots of new and interesting changes. I will say to anyone that is getting the game Friday DO NOT use your first skill upgrade on the high caliber turret. It's borderline useless from what I've seen. The drone you get that can fly around and attack/distract enemies is far more useful.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Played a few hours last night and had quite a bit of fun. If you didn't like the original then this is not for you, but there is definitely enough changed to justify having a sequel. The combat is much better as well. In the original it was all about spamming as many bullets as you could at enemies, but in the sequel precise headshots with a marksman rifle are far more effective. You can take down yellow bar enemies relatively quickly that way, whereas if you're just pumping their chest full of bullets they're going to sponge it right up. Lots of new and interesting changes. I will say to anyone that is getting the game Friday DO NOT use your first skill upgrade on the high caliber turret. It's borderline useless from what I've seen. The drone you get that can fly around and attack/distract enemies is far more useful.

The 'oxidizer' variant of the Chem Launcher is pretty handy as well. Quick cool-down and great against snipers and other enemies at long range.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The 'oxidizer' variant of the Chem Launcher is pretty handy as well. Quick cool-down and great against snipers and other enemies at long range.
Good to know. I got the regular attack turret as my next skill and it is much better than the high caliber version. I'll probably check out the Hive next as healing yourself and teammates can be pretty useful. Enemies do a lot of damage if you're caught out in the open.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I liked the first one for a good 20-30 hours which is very rare for a shooter! Mine will be at my doorstep by night time, looking forward to it!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Just got an anti cheat integrity error after downloading a patch and it’s telling me to re-install the game. f***ing brutal. If I lose all of my progress I’m just going to uninstall the game.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This looks so, so much better than the first one. I'm honestly curious about giving it a shot if solo'ing makes sense.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This looks so, so much better than the first one. I'm honestly curious about giving it a shot if solo'ing makes sense.
Solo’ing most things isn’t too bad, but trying to solo a main mission is tough. The enemies flank effectively and do a pretty decent amount of damage. You can matchmake for the main missions and leave the group as soon as you finish if you would like. I think that’s the way to go honestly if none of your friends play it.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Solo’ing most things isn’t too bad, but trying to solo a main mission is tough. The enemies flank effectively and do a pretty decent amount of damage. You can matchmake for the main missions and leave the group as soon as you finish if you would like. I think that’s the way to go honestly if none of your friends play it.
That's what i did in the 1st one and it went good.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Dammmmmmmnnnn thanks for the recommendation. Oxidizer kicks ass. I love the quick cool downs.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I'm not at end game yet but I need to give Massive some serious props right now. They didn't f*** it up.

A loot game that has loot? Apparently they didn't get the memo.

The AI is actually pretty crazy, I've died a lot by being flanked and just flat out melee rushed.

Technically it has been perfect outside of the drone crash bug while in a match made mission. If you are on PC, do not use the drone when you are in a group. It randomly crashes the game for everyone but yourself when you deploy it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm not at end game yet but I need to give Massive some serious props right now. They didn't **** it up.

A loot game that has loot? Apparently they didn't get the memo.

The AI is actually pretty crazy, I've died a lot by being flanked and just flat out melee rushed.

Technically it has been perfect outside of the drone crash bug while in a match made mission. If you are on PC, do not use the drone when you are in a group. It randomly crashes the game for everyone but yourself when you deploy it.
I’ve used the drone quite a bit in a group, but thankfully it hasn’t f***ed me over. I noticed this was one of the changes on the patch they just implemented so it should be good now.

I agree they really did a great job with this game. The AI is lethal. It brings some tension and excitement to every battle because any enemy can kill you easily if you lose track of them or they rush you at just the right time. I’ve seen some complaints online about it being too difficult, but I hope they don’t listen to that. They have matchmaking for a reason. If you’re struggling, join a group. Things are much easier.

Only issue I’ve run into was the anti cheat bug where I had to reinstall the game. That really sucked, but as long as it’s only a one time thing it’s only a minor inconvenience.

This is a looter shooter done right as far as I’m concerned.

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
Trying to make an attractive female agent is nigh impossible.

The character creator is worse than it was in the first game (and that goes for male characters as well). That said, I find that my character looks a lot better in game than it did during character creation.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
this game is f***ing hard solo. im getting to the point where i might have to give up. Just wandering the streets the npcs kill me, im in the 1st available area and all enemies are my level, thats another thing i swear in division 1 you could out level your enemy like if they were level 4 you could tackle them as a level 5 but now they auto match my level. i have completed 1 mision, 1?!. Trying to get control points is impossible the friendly npc's take a year to arrive and then arent much use when they finally arrive.

Those rushing enemy that hit you are far too overpowered

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
this game is ****ing hard solo. im getting to the point where i might have to give up. Just wandering the streets the npcs kill me, im in the 1st available area and all enemies are my level, thats another thing i swear in division 1 you could out level your enemy like if they were level 4 you could tackle them as a level 5 but now they auto match my level. i have completed 1 mision, 1?!. Trying to get control points is impossible the friendly npc's take a year to arrive and then arent much use when they finally arrive.

I haven't started playing yet but this is going to be a major concern for me if the enemies are too difficult for solo play. I've heard this in a couple places now as well. If i want to over level the enimies in the area i am in then they should let me, if the enemies are matching with whatever level I am that is a HUGE turnoff.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
this game is ****ing hard solo. im getting to the point where i might have to give up. Just wandering the streets the npcs kill me, im in the 1st available area and all enemies are my level, thats another thing i swear in division 1 you could out level your enemy like if they were level 4 you could tackle them as a level 5 but now they auto match my level. i have completed 1 mision, 1?!. Trying to get control points is impossible the friendly npc's take a year to arrive and then arent much use when they finally arrive.

Solo is definitely tough. The enemies rush effectively and use cover well. I would suggest you use you next skill unlock on the drone that heals you. As soon as you start a battle pop it off and that thing makes it very difficult to die. It lasts a long time. The other skill I would recommend the oxidizer chem launcher. Quick cooldown and it does solid damage/CC. You could always use the revive hive too because you can revive yourself with it if you’re playing solo which is very useful.

Basically I think solo is tough but possible. Use the skills often and I think you’ll be alright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad