The Diving Thread

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
the Bruins are like that crazy ex-girlfriend you had that would always drive you nuts by accusing you of cheating on her - only to realize that she was the one sleeping around and found it easier to blame you than herself.

it's what liars do; they accuse you of lying to hide from the fact that they're shady as ****.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
raskbwahahaha.gif

They dive even when the game is over :sarcasm:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
it's crazy in a world where multiple people are employed as PR reps, with their sole job to keep morons from saying moronic things the Bruins still come out with these idiotic comments.

Is Jeremy Jacobs too cheap to hire PR reps?

Nah, pretty sure they do it as a strategy to try to influence non-calls by the refs. As a team that likes to cross the line a non call here and there would be invaluable.

Davebo*

The marchand penalty was so obviously a legit call - I hope the league fines him for his post game comments - he' calling out the officials, isn't he? Both officials arms shot up at the same moment - what a moron he is....

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The marchand penalty was so obviously a legit call - I hope the league fines him for his post game comments - he' calling out the officials, isn't he? Both officials arms shot up at the same moment - what a moron he is....

They've done this more times than I can remember and I can't recall fines for it.

Ference got a fine for his finger to the crowd, that's the last time I can remember a fine or any supplemental discipline of a Bruin from a Habs-Bruins game. Although I'm not trying too hard to remember. They really do get the benefit of the doubt more times than not when it comes to games vs Montreal.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
is it just me, or are the Bruins one of the few teams out of all the four major NA sports that never gives credit to the opposition or blames themselves for a loss?

or maybe it's just Julien and Marchand that don't understand what sportsmanship is.

M A K A V E L I*

HNIC were talking about embellishment as one of the topics at the GM meetings. This is one of the clips they used.

20130317136348498150602.gif

This was the one where Boychuk lifted Crosby's stick into his own face, snapped his head back, fell to to the ice, drew a penalty, and then was laughing it up at the bench. :laugh:

20130317136355379830704.gif

And then you have Cloud holding an in-game press conference on embellishment.

20130316136340465187752.gif

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
Funny how Thornton has gone from a professional enforcer to a pro embellisher.

M A K A V E L I*

Funny how Thornton has gone from a professional enforcer to a pro embellisher.

He's really bad at it though to the point that it's comical. Yesterday, he had the Statue of Liberty dive where he spiked his hand up in the air before taking a dive.

There was that Emelin hit where he threw both hands up in the air, fell down, looked around for a ref's call and then got right back up.

Are you on twitter?

No, just youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
He's really bad at it though to the point that it's comical. Yesterday, he had the Statue of Liberty dive where he spiked his hand up in the air before taking a dive.

There was that Emelin hit where he threw both hands up in the air, fell down, looked around for a ref's call and then got right back up.

It's not like I had respect for Julien to begin with, but wow are you pathetic when you ***** to the media about embellishing yet you probably go into the dressing room and encourage your players to embellish.

What a sack of potatoes that man (i won't insult another specie) is.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

No, just youtube.

I'd like to thank you for causing so much butt hurt with your gifs/videos to get the diving thread on the mainboards closed for good. Long overdue, but thank you.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I'd like to thank you for causing so much butt hurt with your gifs/videos to get the diving thread on the mainboards closed for good. Long overdue, but thank you.

So we are allowed to discuss things only if other fanbases are capable of staying civilized? Wow, I guess that is proof in numbers.

GinoCyber*

If it helps, I can open a forum and/or blog on my server and have everyone post embellishment stuff there in case this thread gets closed as well.

Cheers

GC

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
If it helps, I can open a forum and/or blog on my server and have everyone post embellishment stuff there in case this thread gets closed as well.

Cheers

GC

Well my intent with this thread was to keep track of both Habs dives and Bruin whines/press conferences/complaints but it turned into a regular ol' Broom Bashing thread. I don't mind, **** the Brooms.

edit: eh mods, if we keep the cross-posting to a minimum and not engage other fanbases we can keep this thread right? There has to be some accountability against both our own divers and the league leaders' considering that 10% of all HFBoards text involves the words "classless", "diving" and/or "PK Subban is a classless diver"

Last edited:

HabsByTheBay

Dec 3, 2010
London
As Charlie Pierce pointed out in his column on being a Habs fan from Massachusetts, the Bruins have been using diving as their excuse since the 70s. It's boring.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Well my intent with this thread was to keep track of both Habs dives and Bruin whines/press conferences/complaints but it turned into a regular ol' Broom Bashing thread. I don't mind, **** the Brooms.

edit: eh mods, if we keep the cross-posting to a minimum and not engage other fanbases we can keep this thread right? There has to be some accountability against both our own divers and the league leaders' considering that 10% of all HFBoards text involves the words "classless", "diving" and/or "PK Subban is a classless diver"

I don't see why it couldn't stay open. The 'reason' for the diving thread being closed on the mainboards was the creation of conference gdt's.

dreamingofdrouin*

Diving Actor Avatars

If anyone heard connor mckenna on boston radio the other day, he cracked a joke in response to acusations of habs diving. Sarcastically he was calling the habs players meryll streep, and daniel day lewis.....just gave me the idea why not make avatars...with certain players faces or names morphed or something...i don't know if anyone has idea's and is creative..has the know how...it would be really cool to rock them in the playoffs if we take on boston.....they're never going stop whining about diving no matter how big of fools they make of themselves....why not just own it and make fun of it...throw it back in their face...i think it would be funny.....a denzel washington pk subban avatar....maybe split face or something....i think it would be awesome.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad