The Diving Thread

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I've gotta say, we should really keep an honest track and look out on the Habs' dives and our rivals'. I fell for the talking points regarding the Habs' diving but this season I have to say, I haven't really seen it. I've seen other teams embellish and dive but not really the Habs. I'll admit that Subban embellished a few times but that's it.

Any notable examples? Because as far as I can see, the Bruins are the biggest divers of the league by far.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
20130328136443879212711.gif

20130328136443384177346.gif

20130328136443399385773.gif

M A K A V E L I*

And another "Bruins don't dive" mouthpiece (first 40 seconds).

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
They are only diving to show the habs how silly they look. They are doing it for the good of the league.

Bruins never dive without a greater reason

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Any notable examples? Because as far as I can see, the Bruins are the biggest divers of the league by far.

No examples, but I just want to point out that I totally agree, makes sense why their coach and media is so obsessed with it. They go down like no other team.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
The Irony of it all is that the Bruins are constantly whining about it in the media.. Every teams have divers.. but it's pretty hypocritical of them to always use this lame excuse after a lost to the Habs after looking at those obvious dives! ahahhaah

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
The funniest thing about the bruins.. is that they are by far the biggest divers in the league and then they come out and cry about it in the media about montreal doing it... I remember when prust got hurt i came on the boards and all the bruins fans were talking about how big of a dive it was... mhmm.. he is still acting so well.. If any player wearing a canadiens jersey falls ever it is a dive. there was like 10 times tonight when someone fell or the bruins took a pent i said to my friend. Hey i bet you all the bruins fans on hfboards are either complaining about a dive or beating there chest for a fight and of course i was right every time... Joke of a fan base.. Biggest hypocrites in the world

Davebo*

I love it when Marchand talks about diving, I swear his nose gets bigger every time he complains.

We need to email all the reporters we can find an email address for - to ask a question of marchand, after one of his delusional rants. "Brad, does your nose get longer every time you complain about the Habs diving?"

WG

Sep 9, 2008
I have tried and failed to find a clip of the Ference flop due to a vicious Eller "cross-check" in the "Embellishment City" game, which was interestingly enough the one flop in that game that actually led to a penalty. Anybody?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I also mean to ask, can we have a running tally of Habs' dives so we can be the first to cop to it when it happens? I just think it's fair to be a bit self-reflective.

idk

Jan 11, 2012
While we're talking about divers and Boston I would also like to point out that David Krecji turned tucked himself quite nicely inside his White and Gold shell last night when he was challenged (by Markov, of all people). Think the Bruins will call him Crush now?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I also mean to ask, can we have a running tally of Habs' dives so we can be the first to cop to it when it happens? I just think it's fair to be a bit self-reflective.

Prust did embellish in one of his penalties earlier this year. It wasn't necessarily a dive, but I do believe he tried to sell it.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I tried to look for diving examples for you guys but... I was tired and all these trade rumors are REALLY distracting me.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Subban DOES dive and embellish things a bit but it's part of his game I guess and he deserves to get called out from time to time, but the bruins calling him out is just plain stupid...

it's kinda like the Penguins calling out dirty players with Cooke on their team, just sit down please

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
I think we've come to the conclusion in this thread that every team dives to some extent, but Boston seems to be the only one to come out and complain about it over and over again. Boston just needs to get over their holier than thou attitude of themselves.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
it's crazy in a world where multiple people are employed as PR reps, with their sole job to keep morons from saying moronic things the Bruins still come out with these idiotic comments.

Is Jeremy Jacobs too cheap to hire PR reps?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad